FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else suddenly having problems booking FastPasses? They apparently did some kind of website upgrade last week and ever since I can't book any (using multiple different devices/platforms). It keeps telling me we've booked our limit for them ... on days when we have booked absolutely nothing. I tried chatting with them and also emailing but haven't had a resolution or any answer other than an upgrade was done.

Have you booked FPs for all of your available ticket days? (If you have an AP, you are generally limited to 7 days’ worth.)

Last edited:
If you bought a room/ticket package, no. If you have a room reservation separate from tickets, yes.
Ok. Thanks. It is room only ressie. So my next question is this. We have tickets that we purchased several years ago. They are no expiration tickets and we have several days plus water parks and more left on them. Will we be able to link these to our mydisney experience? It's my understanding that we have to link tickets to our mde in order to make fp ressies? Thanks for the help

Ok. Thanks. It is room only ressie. So my next question is this. We have tickets that we purchased several years ago. They are no expiration tickets and we have several days plus water parks and more left on them. Will we be able to link these to our mydisney experience? It's my understanding that we have to link tickets to our mde in order to make fp ressies? Thanks for the help

That’s true. Someone else here may have a better answer, but I think you will need to call Disney to do this with older tickets.

Some friends are staying onsite for 3 nights in February. They booked a package with 2 day park tickets. One other family member wants to join them for 1 park day, but they are staying offsite. She will buy a 1 day park ticket. Will the onsite people be able to book fast passes for the offsite person 60 days in advance (even though the onsite peoples' tickets are part of a package)? I know they could if their tickets were not part of a package, but I wasn't sure if they can if tickets are part of a package. Thanks!

I'm traveling with my daughter and her dance group in January. We're going to spend most of our time with one other family, and the mom has asked me to do our initial FPs together because she's in the middle of a move. My understanding is that I can add her to my Other Family and Friends and do that, which is fine, but I just wanted to confirm...once we're in the parks, if we split up and such, the other mom will be able to go into the app and add/modify additional FPs on her own selecting her own party, correct? Sorry if it's a silly question but I've only made FPs for family staying in my room with me before...thanks!

I'm traveling with my daughter and her dance group in January. We're going to spend most of our time with one other family, and the mom has asked me to do our initial FPs together because she's in the middle of a move. My understanding is that I can add her to my Other Family and Friends and do that, which is fine, but I just wanted to confirm...once we're in the parks, if we split up and such, the other mom will be able to go into the app and add/modify additional FPs on her own selecting her own party, correct? Sorry if it's a silly question but I've only made FPs for family staying in my room with me before...thanks!
If you give her your MDE login info, she can access all the info and potentially create errors especially if you have booked all FPs as a complete group.

If she doesn’t know how to use Change Party to switch up Users before looking for different FPs, use a secondary email account and set up an MDE account for her family and then link it to yours. After it is linked, book the FPs as a complete grouping.

After FPs are booked, you can delete her family from YOUR MDE account and all her plans remain on her MDE. She won’t be able to mess up your plans if she wants to change anything.

If you give her your MDE login info, she can access all the info and potentially create errors especially if you have booked all FPs as a complete group.

If she doesn’t know how to use Change Party to switch up Users before looking for different FPs, use a secondary email account and set up an MDE account for her family and then link it to yours. After it is linked, book the FPs as a complete grouping.

After FPs are booked, you can delete her family from YOUR MDE account and all her plans remain on her MDE. She won’t be able to mess up your plans if she wants to change anything.

Duly noted - do not give her my MDE info...just to clarify the second part for my middle aged brain, do you mean use a secondary email account for me or for her?

I hadn't even considered the possibility of her possible messing up our FPs, I was just making sure I wasn't hitching my wagon to them for the whole trip - glad I asked! So, once I delete her family, we will have the same initial FPs but she will need to do all of her own changes or additional FPs, correct? That's fine (probably for the best), just want to make sure I understand!

Duly noted - do not give her my MDE info...just to clarify the second part for my middle aged brain, do you mean use a secondary email account for me or for her?

I hadn't even considered the possibility of her possible messing up our FPs, I was just making sure I wasn't hitching my wagon to them for the whole trip - glad I asked! So, once I delete her family, we will have the same initial FPs but she will need to do all of her own changes or additional FPs, correct? That's fine (probably for the best), just want to make sure I understand!
You can set it up either way - a new MDE for you#2 or for her. It’s easier if you set up a new MDE with a Middle Name You and add them on as friends. That way you can easily link the MDE accounts together because the invites and acceptances are done via email - and you would have control of both email accounts.

As soon as you book the FPs and delete her family from your main MDE account, she can’t access your info. She will only be able to access her info on MDE#2.

It’s up to you how you set up MDE#2... only give her the login info for #2.

Hello experts! Was hoping you could provide some insight/thoughts about DAH 2018..Some that purchased tickets for the first party 1/19 were not able to choose fast passes between 4:30-7:00 (today was the 60 day and they are staying onsite) like we have in the past.. DAH tickets have always worked similarly to MNSSHP and MVMCP..any thoughts on why this would change?
TIA!!!

Hello experts! Was hoping you could provide some insight/thoughts about DAH 2018..Some that purchased tickets for the first party 1/19 were not able to choose fast passes between 4:30-7:00 (today was the 60 day and they are staying onsite) like we have in the past.. DAH tickets have always worked similarly to MNSSHP and MVMCP..any thoughts on why this would change?
TIA!!!
Disney seems to be tweaking the FP-booking ability of event tickets. Some MVMCP ticket holders weren’t able to book FPs or they lost FPs booked for regular park days based on Party tickets not being valid for FP booking.

DAH is an after hours event where FPs are not needed. It appears Disney is moving towards DAH-ticket holders not being able to impact the FP numbers that are available to regular park guests.

Disney seems to be tweaking the FP-booking ability of event tickets. Some MVMCP ticket holders weren’t able to book FPs or they lost FPs booked for regular park days based on Party tickets not being valid for FP booking.

DAH is an after hours event where FPs are not needed. It appears Disney is moving towards DAH-ticket holders not being able to impact the FP numbers that are available to regular park guests.
That makes sense :( We went last year and loved it and are going 1/30. It's just nice to check off some rides before the actual event :) especially if this is your only MK day. Now fingers crossed that they allow us to go in earlier than 7....thanks for your feedback!!!

Is anyone else suddenly having problems booking FastPasses? They apparently did some kind of website upgrade last week and ever since I can't book any (using multiple different devices/platforms). It keeps telling me we've booked our limit for them ... on days when we have booked absolutely nothing. I tried chatting with them and also emailing but haven't had a resolution or any answer other than an upgrade was done.

I went on this morning to book our FPs. I was on Chrome - which I always use - and I kept getting a broken Olaf screen with an error message. I had to log in through Internet Explorer to book my FPs.

I went on this morning to book our FPs. I was on Chrome - which I always use - and I kept getting a broken Olaf screen with an error message. I had to log in through Internet Explorer to book my FPs.
Did you try just as the window opened at 7 am Eastern? I tried a half hour later, and didn't have any issues, with Chrome.

Did you try just as the window opened at 7 am Eastern? I tried a half hour later, and didn't have any issues, with Chrome.

I did try Chome maybe an hour or so later to tweak my choices, and I still had an error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter