Fantasmic Dining Package Price Increase

For comparison … I ask myself : SCI Fi worth $57 for lunchtime ? …
Does seem high even with a guaranteed seat .
I did the Fantasmic package for Sci Fi recently and it's a one and done for sure. I haven't been to Sci Fi since I was a kid and the food was pretty dang bad. I was expecting only mediocre but instead got awful food and poor service. It's definitely not worth $57.

For comparison … I ask myself : SCI Fi worth $57 for lunchtime ? …
Does seem high even with a guaranteed seat .
It is not worth it IMO at dinnertime either.

For those who like the dining plan, the increase in cost for the dining plan could be a good idea for using credits for one credit packages like this. It would get you close to the $90+/day cost. I said close :0

If I were to buy the dining plan for a one night stay then I think I could break even-especially if I used a credit at Mama Melrose for the Fantasmic package. $54 (MM) + $20 quick service meal+ $5 snack + $25 reusable mug. But, anything over one day and if we all Disney adults-the DDP is a no go for us.

I do like MM though. I have never had a bad meal there for the price.

In addition to the $6 increase they took away the appetizer. Typical Disney nowadays, charge more and give less. They just raised these prices a few months ago too

Prob because of the dining plan. Gotta match that and raise the price so those dining plan people think they are getting a good deal. We don’t do alcohol and get apps at prime time. Luckily we are going earlier in October. Prob last time we do the fantasmic deal

We did this last trip and I wouldnt do it again. While I loved having a super central spot saved for us, the food we had was no where NEAR worth the cost and we still had to get there 40 ish minutes early to use our tickets.

We did the package last trip at 50s Primetime. Even with the changes, I consider this worth it. I’ll definitely be getting an alcoholic beverage with my meal and the desserts there are very good. Most importantly, we had excellent seats for Fantasmic last time and we only had to get there about a half hour before showtime. We walked right in and had the best seats I’ve ever had there.

Bummed and annoyed about the appetizer being taken away. Sooo not a dessert person 😒
Agreed! This used to be a no-brainer for me at Mama Melrose because I always got the app versus the dessert. But not anymore.

I was planning to do a dining pkg for our trip in Aug but the price increase hits in the beginning of our trip. It’s been 20 years since we saw Fantasmic (giving it another shot since it wasn’t something I felt fighting the crowds to see). But given my mom and I will sit in the wheelchair seating, I don’t know that it’s worth the price.

We are planning to do the HBD package for F! And think it will work since the price includes an alcoholic beverage. For $83 we’ll get either the salmon or the halibut for $45-$48, the grapefruit cake for $14 and and $30 glass of featured wine. So barely makes the cost worth it.

That is an ouch for sure between the price increase and the food changes. :oops:

We stopped doing these years ago, when they reduced the food and jumped the prices. We don't have to have perfect seats so we roll up after the line is solidly moving so waiting until we are seated.

Do you get in a different line if you have the F! Package? Or get in the regular line then get directed to a specific section to sit?
We haven’t done F! In probably 20 years so so either, and didn’t do the package when we did go last time.
Excited to see it again!

Do you get in a different line if you have the F! Package? Or get in the regular line then get directed to a specific section to sit?
We haven’t done F! In probably 20 years so so either, and didn’t do the package when we did go last time.
Excited to see it again!
There is a separate line. Same entrance as before, you just stay to the left and you’ll see the people checking for tickets. I love to see the show, but boy do I hate exiting that area! I don’t like that they won’t let you walk straight out the same way you came in. Instead, you go on that huge detour around the backstage areas behind the beauty and the beast theater. At least in the old days they would open the wall between there and the front of the park. Now the cattle chute forces you back onto Sunset Blvd for absolutely no reason since most of the stores are closed at that point.

We did the package last trip at 50s Primetime. Even with the changes, I consider this worth it. I’ll definitely be getting an alcoholic beverage with my meal and the desserts there are very good. Most importantly, we had excellent seats for Fantasmic last time and we only had to get there about a half hour before showtime. We walked right in and had the best seats I’ve ever had there.
Same! For the $6 increase I think the 50s prime time is worth it. The dessert is so good and I’m more dessert than app.

That stinks. I was hoping to do either Sci-fi or Hollywood and Vine next trip. We don’t drink alcohol and much prefer appetizers. We really want to see Fantasmic since our kids haven’t yet. I guess it will depend on what else we book. Maybe we can do the dining plan on a short trip and have it be worth it.

So for those who do not drink alcohol, this is an extremely bad value now? But an excellent value for Disney?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter