Family of 6

busymomma123

DIS Veteran
We started looking at the possibility of a cruise with the promotion that RC is offering. The TA said that our family of 6 would fit into a family oceanview stateroom. Our children are 14, 13, 9 and 5. Does anyone have any experience with the family staterooms?

Almost all RCCL FOVs have a larger room with king bed, double pull out sofa, alcove (like a big walk in closet with bunk beds and dresser/closet), some have a door to the bunkbeds, others have a curtain. If 2 kids can sleep together on the sofabed, you'll be fine. Bunk beds are regular berth sized and comfortable--maybe 170 lbs limit on the top bed. My tween/teens loved the FOV room. FYI-not much privacy for king bed and sofabed. FOV can be a good deal for families.

I found a youtube video of the Promenade Family Stateroom on Freedom of the Seas, which is similar to the FOV.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96s0olOKaBw

Here is a sample layout for the Family Ocean View Stateroom.
http://www.royalcaribbean.com/multimedia/popup/cabinTypeSchematic.do?br=R&cabincls=O&cabinType=FF&shipCode=FR&shipName=Freedom+Of+The+Seas+++++++++++

We've never been on a cruise before but just booked a Promenade Family Stateroom on Freedom of the Seas. I'm getting married this year so my little family of 4 is expanding to a family of 5. I briefly considered ocean view ($500 more) but thought the kids would enjoy the promenade view more. I wish we could have taken advantage of kids sail free, but we aren't sailing until early 2015.

We have booked family Ocean View State rooms in the forward part of the ship Freedom class with a unique layout and 4 portholes each. Check them out 9200, 9500, 8200, 8500. They also have a door on the kids bunk room and on the master almost making it a 2 bedroom like suite for the price of a Family Ocean View State room.

I have not gone on the cruise yet but found this out reading cruise critic and searching YouTube for videos of these rooms.

You must have a minimum of 5 to reserve these rooms and a max of 6. You have to call to reserve since online you can't put 6 people in a room.

Hernandez6060 said:
We have booked family Ocean View State rooms in the forward part of the ship Freedom class with a unique layout and 4 portholes each. Check them out 9200, 9500, 8200, 8500. They also have a door on the kids bunk room and on the master almost making it a 2 bedroom like suite for the price of a Family Ocean View State room.

I have not gone on the cruise yet but found this out reading cruise critic and searching YouTube for videos of these rooms.

You must have a minimum of 5 to reserve these rooms and a max of 6. You have to call to reserve since online you can't put 6 people in a room.

When is your cruise? We have 9500 booked for this October. If your cruise is first I'd love to hear what you think of the room. I've not been able to find any reviews on this specific room :)

When is your cruise? We have 9500 booked for this October. If your cruise is first I'd love to hear what you think of the room. I've not been able to find any reviews on this specific room :)

We sail in December so maybe you can fill me in after you go. Have you tried some of the sister ships for the same cabin number or YouTube?

We almost did 9500 but we have 2 other family members on the 8 th deck. Enjoy your cruise in that awesome cabin!

We sail in December so maybe you can fill me in after you go. Have you tried some of the sister ships for the same cabin number or YouTube?

We almost did 9500 but we have 2 other family members on the 8 th deck. Enjoy your cruise in that awesome cabin!

I will be sure to let you know what we think! Very excited!! I have looked at several youtube videos of other family ocean view rooms. And they all look like it's going to be a great room!!

I've sailed in 2 FOV's. One on Radiance of the Seas and one on Navigator of the Seas. Both had different layouts and both were different from the floor plan linked in a previous post.

The Navigator FOV (6500) was a long rectangular shape. The bunk beds were in an alcove next to the front door. There was a curtain that separated it from the hall. As you entered the main space, there was a sofa bed that was then separated from the king bed by a curtain. There was lots of space in this area.

The Radiance FOV (8502) was a square shape. There were two separate bedrooms, separated from the living room by curtains. The bedroom with the bunk beds had the extensive closet space as well as a good amount of floor space in it. The other bedroom has the 2 twin beds (that can be made into a king). The living area was about the same size as the 2 bedrooms together. There was more space in this FOV than the Navigator's.

They are my favourite staterooms of any ship that I've sailed on. Enjoy!

We have booked room 9200 on our IOS cruise next August. Can't wait now I have read these comments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest