"extra special" ?

momandseandodisney

DIS Veteran
I want to make this trip for him VERY special and fancy and FUN

What is the funniest perhaps, extra special thing you have done while at Disney World?

Any ideas would be awsome! Thank you, Amanda :cheer2:

Sounds good, and close since we are aleady staying at the Polynesian

I ended up changing my 8 night trip to a 13 night one, to give us more time for these things :)

it says up to 5 people - there is just 2 of us, will they take just 2 of us, or will we be paired up with more?

No, it would just be the two of you (unless you find someone else to share with you). We have done the Bay Lake excursion and the Epcot one (we usually stay at BW). My husband likes the Bay Lake better (but it is closer for us to go on the Epcot one). We usually go on the earliest one (which is, darn, the most expensive) since I guess fish bite better earlier in the morning. We are going again on our trip in December.

There really are so many "other" fun things to do (aside from the usual park touring) - golf, bike riding, spa treatments, boats (and staying at the Polynesian would make that very easy), Cirque, Disney Quest, behind the scenes tours, etc.

Here's a good page from Deb's site that talks about things beyond the parks.
http://www.allearsnet.com/btp/beyond.htm

I think there is something for every interest - it really comes down to what you like (and, of course, your wallet).

Have fun planning!

Take a carriage ride around the Wilderness Lodge area. It's only about $30.00 for 45-50 minute ride. The carriage will hold up to four adults or two adults and three small children. OR, two adults only makes a nice ride.

The rides are in the evening, and it's a horse drawn carriage. Beverages are permitted (we went in December and took hot chocolate with us, but wine is allowed). Call the WDW-PLAY number to reserve.

And if nobody has reserved after you, your ride can end up being longer than 50 minutes.

Dscf0918.jpg

For our 30th wedding anniversary, I surprised my DH and booked the grand one yacht for a wishes cruise. I ordered cinderella's slipper dessert from the GF and we enjoyed that in the galley after watching wishes. We toured seven seas lagoon (would have seen the ELP but it was cancelled that night) and were docked right in front of the castle for the wishes fireworks.

It is pricey (around $400) but worth every penny. We are still talking about it and my DH says he wants to do it again when we go next year.

It was truly a wonderful evening; the crew is delightful - the yacht quite nice and a magical way to view wishes.

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
Last Oct. my son (29) went parasailing on his birthday. I was chicken, so I went in the boat and took pictures of him. He said it was awesome! I might try it next time....he said it was very peaceful and you can really see a long distance.
Just another idea...
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Here are a few ideas:

Cirque is awesome

We rented a boat (with driver) to take us on a tour from the Poly @ sunset and then stop in from on MK for the fireworks

The slipper dessert is available at the Grand Floridian restaurants. I think you have to pre-order from the bakery & it is $14. It is a white chocolate slipper on a plate that has a chocolate imprint on the castle on it (kind of like a stencil). I think there is a pic somewhere - you can probably search in the restaurant section!

I recommend an Illuminations Cruise - you can bring a bottle of wine - very romantic.

You can do a couples massage.

If you have the dough there are probably plenty of things you can do!!

I'm surprising my DH with a Richard Petty Driving Experience at the WDW Speedway for our 25th anniversary. He has driven one before and loved it. He doesn't know there is a speedway there so he will be totally surprised. I can't wait!!

I was just reading about the Segway tours at Epcot and they sound like a blast! They have a 2 hour Segway experience, 1 hour learning to ride a Segway and then another hour riding the Segway around the World Showcase at Epcot before it opens. It's $80 for the 2 hour Segway tour, but you get a discount for Disney Visa, AP's and AAA. All the reviews I read raved about it. It sounds very cool and like a lot of fun! --

tiedye602 said:
I'm surprising my DH with a Richard Petty Driving Experience at the WDW Speedway for our 25th anniversary. He has driven one before and loved it. He doesn't know there is a speedway there so he will be totally surprised. I can't wait!!

This is what I was going to suggest. My son-in-law is still talking about this. It was the highlight of his trip. :goodvibes :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter