• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Expedition Everest

Tink the Rock Star

Twitterpated....
I've been keeping track of any news so far on this attraction as there might be a soft opening in September of this year. Plus I know that Castmembers get chances to be guinea pigs for new attractions. If any one can help to keep a watch on any EE news that would be great! It looked amazing when I was there in March, and I just can't wait for it to open. I'm hoping there will be at least on chance for me to ride it during Fall CP.

:scared1: :laughing: :scared1: :laughing: :scared1: :laughing: :scared1: :laughing: :scared1:
Here are some facts I found:

Max Height of Track: 120 ft
Max Drop: 80ft
Max Speed: 50mph
Trains will travel in both forward and backward directions :scared1: :scared1:

If there's a chance to ride it while my bf and I are doing the CP, then I'm going to try with all my might to get him on it! He usually never does coasters at all, but in March he had his first trip to WDW, and I got him on two coasters in one day: Primeval Whirl and... Rockin' Roller Coaster! Woot for me and two woots for him! So needless to say I'm way excited about Expedition!

Who else is excited?!

:scared1: Jen :scared1:

Primevil whirl doesnt count! lol

My younger sister (6 at the time) went on that.

Pfft.

lol

The new coaster does look pretty darn awesome though. :)

lol.... yeah I know I call it a baby coaster... but Primeval Whirl is doing a lot better than I could get him to do last year... which equaled no coasters. :guilty:

I've seen some pretty amazing pictures of EE, I'm just soooo excited!! :rotfl: :goodvibes :rotfl:

I can't WAIT!! I love checking the updated pictures. It's really getting built pretty quickly. It's supposed to be the most expensive ride undertaking in a theme park. Tha'ts so cool!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

i think it is just what animal kingdom needed. it looks like it will be a ton of fun to ride. i can't wait until my 2006 trip to ride it!!

It did look amazing when I saw it March. A CM mentioned that the track was complete and the mountain was technically completed structually wise - it's now officially the tallest "mountain" in Florida

Good thing too. AK has been my least fav WDW park since it opened ni '98 (I was actually there on opening day, too!). It's got some neat stuff, and it certainly is Nahtazu, but in my opinion, even though it's got the most room, it has the least to do. I think they are in desperate need of a good ride or two over there. Dinosaur and Kali River Rapids just don't cut it for thrill rides in my opinion. My fav ride there now is Kilamanjaro Safaris, but even that can be dull if no animals decide to come out and play. AK is in serious need of some cool rides.

I can't wait for Expedition Everest.

So, let me get this straight... I'll be there in Dec. is there a chance EE might have a soft opening so we could ride it?

Tink the Rock Star said:
Apparently there is supposed to be a soft opening in September.
Any word on when it'll officially open. We're going on Jan. 2006. Do you think it'll still be in the soft opening period then?

so confused, what is a soft opening? We are going the last week of Sept, will it be open then?

soft opening is when they allow people to ride it at certain times, certain days..

They did this with Mission Space

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter