Excessive Room Checks?

disdreaming2

Earning My Ears
I understand a daily room check but we just got back from a stay at Beach Club and it was SUPER annoying. First knock after being in the room 15 minutes. "Housekeeping need any more toilet paper, soap, towels?" No thank you. Second knock... Timeshare salesman for Riviera. "Hi I want to give you a Free Gift". Here is a special gift just for you a Riviera keepsake and information on how you can make a magical stay year after year". No thank you. Security "Room Check, may I come in". It was literally about 4 times per day and just nuts. Like I said I know a few bad apples have spoiled it for everyone but there has got to be a better way. We did a split stay and while we were at Boulder Ridge DVC we were trying to stay out of the heat and just go out in the late afternoons. Security would come completely into the room and spoke to us/questioned our plans etc. I would go through finger printing, a lie detector test and a full background check vs having to be disturbed on my vacation like this. My Husband and I are now discussing staying off property to have a less intrustive experience at our resort.
:mad:

Write Disney. Unacceptable to have a security check an hour from arrival. I’ve never encountered such a thing. Unacceptable for them to question your plans, it would make a suspicious person wonder if they’re gonna come back to burgle the room while you’re gone.

I’ve never had security either of those things. I hope you weren’t being profiled.

Write Disney. Unacceptable to have a security check an hour from arrival. I’ve never encountered such a thing. Unacceptable for them to question your plans, it would make a suspicious person wonder if they’re gonna come back to burgle the room while you’re gone.

I’ve never had security either of those things. I hope you weren’t being profiled.
My first thought. I am sure we were profiled when we had both our negative trips. It is why we moved off property. We have been back a few times since COVID but have let front desk know we don't want our bad experiences repeated.

Def write and report all the negative behaviors with details. I can't even get Housekeeping to do their basics let alone asking if we needed anything (of course I wasn't at Deluxe), Time Share guy - OH NO that is not cool. And I don't let them come inside room if we are there. I tell them wait outside so we can get ready to leave the room for their inspection, we step out and shut the door, telling them to open with their master key. NEVER answer any questions! ALWAYS use the bar locks! Some trips I even placed an alarm on the door.

Last edited:
These are the worst. They still knock (and don't give up) when the DND sign is on the door, and every day during the afternoon break/nap. What the F?!

Yep--We forgot to latch the inside lock. Even though there was the sign on the door, they came all the way into our 2BR DVC villa and into the bedroom where I was sleeping--woke me up at that point. I was pretty mad.
It's infuriating.

I am not lying. We had 3 show up Housekeeping, Time Share Sales and Security at Beach Club. And the 4th was night staff not sure if housekeeping or what. Also, the security staff said let me open the door so close it. The he said open the door again and now close it to make sure he could get in. This all happened at the Beach Club Resort not DVC side.

Talking with my Husband today I’m actually freaking out thinking the time share guy was not legit. He handed me a “free gift” of a Riviera poster. Dang. I’m mad at myself for falling for it.

Talking with my Husband today I’m actually freaking out thinking the time share guy was not legit. He handed me a “free gift” of a Riviera poster. Dang. I’m mad at myself for falling for it.
He was legit. They've been giving out that stupid thing for years to advertise DVC and RIV, although I never timed it right to get it in person. It's always waiting on a side table/counter for us one day when we get back to the room.

Stayed at the Yacht Club last week and did not have this experience at all. Housekeeping was excellent and we were never bothered by security. If they came in it was while we were out of the room.

This was also our experience at the YC in May. Housekeeping came every day while we were gone, did a magnificent job on the room (including leaving towel animals) and, not once, did anyone knock or disturb us otherwise. I haven't had an intrusive room check since June 2021.

“Housekeeping came in while we were gone.”

If you were in the room THEY’D HAVE COME IN!!

Never had a timeshare salesman knock on my door either 😮
All DVC cash stays I have the "free gift" left in the room, I'm not a DVC member. I've just never run into them in person. It's almost like the hotel had OP in their records as supposed to have arrived the night before. The RIV ad/lamest gift poster ever usually pops up in the room after our first night or two if memory serves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter