Everything You Need To Know About Discount Codes

I'm an AP holder and want to book a room for October. I can book dining on 4/18 and discounts won't be released yet. Can I book my room and if/ when an AP holder discount comes available, will Disney honor the discount? Or do I have to pick b/t ADR's or waiting until the discount comes out?

I'm an AP holder and want to book a room for October. I can book dining on 4/18 and discounts won't be released yet. Can I book my room and if/ when an AP holder discount comes available, will Disney honor the discount? Or do I have to pick b/t ADR's or waiting until the discount comes out?

Assuming that AP discounts are like public discounts in that there are a limited number of rooms available with the discount, already having a reservation doesn't "hold" one of those discounted rooms for you. However, you don't need a reservation in order to book ADRs 180 days ahead of time - all a reservation gets you is the ability to book up to 10 days' worth of ADRs all at once. You would just have to book each day's ADRs 180 days out from that date.

I'm sure the answer to this is given time and time again but I received a unique offer code today in the mail. Sadly, since I was there in September I am not planning a trip but my parents are going in December. It says it's non transferable but does can I make the reservation under my name if I'm not the one going? Or should I just wait until the offer goes public? Thanks all!

I'm sure the answer to this is given time and time again but I received a unique offer code today in the mail. Sadly, since I was there in September I am not planning a trip but my parents are going in December. It says it's non transferable but does can I make the reservation under my name if I'm not the one going? Or should I just wait until the offer goes public? Thanks all!
Since the code is for your household, you would have to be the lead, and therefore you must go on the trip. They will need to wait for a public offer, but have them call and check their account to see if they have a code.

Not sure if this is where to ask, but when you are an Annual Pass holder, do the discount offers for AP show up when you look at room rates on WDW's website? I'm looking to book a couple of days in October, and I can't tell from looking at the offers if any of them are specifically for AP holders. I tried to open the passholders section of MDE, but I just get a blank screen. I am logged in, and my AP is on my MDE account. Any help/advice appreciated. Thanks!

Since the code is for your household, you would have to be the lead, and therefore you must go on the trip. They will need to wait for a public offer, but have them call and check their account to see if they have a code.
My friend received a UOC and we are traveling together this summer. He book our trip through MDE. I will also be going in the fall (without my friend) and MDE allowed me to apply the UOC to a room reservation without him on the reservation and checkout. Will I run into an issue considering I booked the reservation and am the one that is able to modify/change it? I know it says it is non-nontransferable, but it allowed me to book. Would a cast member possibly stop me at check-in?

Quick question-
Say I book a room right now at rack rate. For some time a few months out. (Like, hypothetically, November or something. Not holiday weekend, just plain November)
In August, a passholder rate is released. Can I convert my reservation to the passholder rate, or would I have to cancel/rebook?
I feel like I recall the rules on this changing in the last couple years.

Quick question-
Say I book a room right now at rack rate. For some time a few months out. (Like, hypothetically, November or something. Not holiday weekend, just plain November)
In August, a passholder rate is released. Can I convert my reservation to the passholder rate, or would I have to cancel/rebook?
I feel like I recall the rules on this changing in the last couple years.

As long as your room category and resort are included in the AP discount and are available, you will be able to apply the discount to your reservation. Unless you have a package booked and want a room only discount. You can only apply new discounts from package to package or Ro to RO reservations.

As long as your room category and resort are included in the AP discount and are available, you will be able to apply the discount to your reservation. Unless you have a package booked and want a room only discount. You can only apply new discounts from package to package or Ro to RO reservations.
Thank you!!!

My friend received a UOC and we are traveling together this summer. He book our trip through MDE. I will also be going in the fall (without my friend) and MDE allowed me to apply the UOC to a room reservation without him on the reservation and checkout. Will I run into an issue considering I booked the reservation and am the one that is able to modify/change it? I know it says it is non-nontransferable, but it allowed me to book. Would a cast member possibly stop me at check-in?

The chances are low, but yes, it's possible. They aren't obligated to honor it because a computer system let you book it when it clearly states it's not for you on the code.

Personally, I'd look for a discount you are allowed to use, if only for my own peace of mind.

The chances are low, but yes, it's possible. They aren't obligated to honor it because a computer system let you book it when it clearly states it's not for you on the code.

Personally, I'd look for a discount you are allowed to use, if only for my own peace of mind.

To me, that's the biggest risk - you get all the way to check-in only to have the cm, the first real human to look at your reservation, find out and then you can't use it - and by that time you don't have time to find any other discount you actually would be eligible for!

And in reality,the last few codes Disney has sent me have been almost exactly what they are advertising to the public, no benefit at all, truly.

To me, that's the biggest risk - you get all the way to check-in only to have the cm, the first real human to look at your reservation, find out and then you can't use it - and by that time you don't have time to find any other discount you actually would be eligible for!

And in reality,the last few codes Disney has sent me have been almost exactly what they are advertising to the public, no benefit at all, truly.

I understand they do not have to honor it, but I was wondering if it would even state my friends last name or not even have his name on it once at the desk since he is not on the reservation. I was thinking if I paid it off in full, maybe I could even skip the desk and do the text room is ready? I was not sure if this was an option for a UOC room.

I definitely will try to rebook once offers are released! It is for a December date, and nothing is currently out. Only reason I would use the UOC is if nothing else is released for my dates or resorts with availability. Hoping for a General Public or AP with rooms actually available during my time UNLIKE this fall. The UOC is currently saving me $1,200. Based on historical promotions, I am hoping for a General Public early July or AP end of August.

Even if they notice at check-in, would they just convert it to rack rate? I really want the resort I have, so if nothing else opens, I will either keep the UOC or full price reservation.

Since I am willing to pay full price, if nothing else comes out, I may just chance it as long as I know I am not stranded there or out the money I already applied to the room.

I understand they do not have to honor it, but I was wondering if it would even state my friends last name or not even have his name on it once at the desk since he is not on the reservation. I was thinking if I paid it off in full, maybe I could even skip the desk and do the text room is ready? I was not sure if this was an option for a UOC room.

I definitely will try to rebook once offers are released! It is for a December date, and nothing is currently out. Only reason I would use the UOC is if nothing else is released for my dates or resorts with availability. Hoping for a General Public or AP with rooms actually available during my time UNLIKE this fall. The UOC is currently saving me $1,200. Based on historical promotions, I am hoping for a General Public early July or AP end of August.

Even if they notice at check-in, would they just convert it to rack rate? I really want the resort I have, so if nothing else opens, I will either keep the UOC or full price reservation.

Since I am willing to pay full price, if nothing else comes out, I may just chance it as long as I know I am not stranded there or out the money I already applied to the room.

I can't tell you what the resort sees when you get to the front desk, but on the booking end, the name the pin code is in and who is allowed to use it is present.

If they did catch it at the desk, they'd bump you to rack rate, yes. And the way the promotions run there likely wouldn't be one that you qualify for day of.

Text to room is still random I believe.

sorry if this has been asked and answered before - i tried to skim, but 27 pages is long! :)

my mom lives with me and DH. she keeps getting wdw resort pin codes (or whatever they're called these days) in the mail. they are addressed to her name only, not to me or DH, but obviously come to our street address since she lives with us.

DH and i will be in florida for a couple of days in november and would be interested in staying onsite. i've seen some mention on here of needing to be in the "same household" as the person the pin is addressed to. would we count as the same household since we are at the same address?

a couple of years ago the same thing happened and i was told we needed to have the same last name, which i don't anymore because i changed my name when i got married. does anyone know if that still applies? fwiw, i do still get some mail in my maiden name, like student loan bills, etc.

hoping some general public discounts eventually come out for nov, but it would be nice to be able to book now with the pin and not have to wait. :)

thanks!

just to follow up on my last post. when i didn't get a response here i just went ahead and called wdw. they said that even though the card with the unique offer code was in my mom's name, all three of our names (me, DH, and my mom) were in their computers as being eligible for the code, probably because we live at the same address. so i didn't have to worry about the last names matching etc. unfortunately there weren't a lot of rooms left for the code, but we managed to snag three nights at coronado springs at 20% off, which wasn't too bad. :)

NOVEMBER 2016 DISCOUNT?
Anyone heard anything? I'm looking for NJ teacher's convention week 11/10-11/15. They have come out with good discounts in the past but i'm starting to worry there won't be any this year. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts