Every Mile is a Miracle

That's fine. :) I actually don't get along musically with a lot of people. Luckily my husband and I agree on most things since he is the only person I listen to music with anyway.

Okay, good. Because for some people that seems to be a dealbreaker. I'm cool with not getting along with people musically ... as long as nobody tries to make me listen to country music (I'm fine with people listening to country music when I'm not in the room, I just reserve the right to somewhat playfully mock)

That would probably cost a lot of money to use their logo.
Except the race is put on by 49ers alumni to benefit ailing 49ers alumni and Bay Area charities and finishes in Levi's Stadium. I think it even replaced a team run race. If the team won't allow their logo to be used for that it's dumb. But then again, I am not a fan of the current ownership. They've done all sorts of damage to the franchise.

Okay, good. Because for some people that seems to be a dealbreaker. I'm cool with not getting along with people musically ... as long as nobody tries to make me listen to country music (I'm fine with people listening to country music when I'm not in the room, I just reserve the right to somewhat playfully mock)
That's why I really love Weird Al Yankovic's 90s song parody Achy Breaky Song. Yes, it mocks that country song to no end.

4 days out from my big race and y'all I am freaking out. I don't even know why I put myself in situations like this when I have anxiety problems already, but here I am. I am actually really looking forward to Dopey because my only goal is to finish and have fun. This whole trying to break a number and get a PR thing is too much for me. But I love it? But it's too much.

goals.JPG

I just wanna state my goals, one more time, for the record.
Safe goal: PR (anything faster than 2:22:22)
THE goal: Sub 2 hours
Reach goal: 1:53:30

I have been calculating out all kinds of pacing scenarios that would get me to the sub 2 hours, which is a 9:09 average. Then I go back into my training and analyze my workouts. I try to think about how I feel during those harder workouts. I feel like I have more in me than I give but I also feel afraid to give to much (this is also a metaphor to my life). I think about how Coach has had me working at a 9:24 pace, which is my HM Pace, and how he has me predicted to finish at 2:03:13.

I go through these weird phases in my life when I look at everything and think "WHY"? Like why am I here? Why is life like this? Why does this matter? And I am currently on that flow of "Why does this mean so much to me?" and I got nothing. I have no reply. Because at the end of the day, even if I hit my goals, it doesn't matter to anyone but myself and then after a while it won't even matter to me anymore.

WHEW. That went weird really quick and I don't even know if I should post that. But I will because it's honest......

So, is there live tracking for this thing or do I have to wait for you to tell me that you finished in a time that starts with a 1?

So, is there live tracking for this thing or do I have to wait for you to tell me that you finished in a time that starts with a 1?
No live tracking with this race. :( But that's okay because you will have all the Chicago people blowing up your phone. I should be running from 12pm - 2pm your time. Feel free to text me between those times. Haha.

I don't even know if I should post that. But I will because it's honest......
Looking back, I wish I had given real voice to my real running mood before the Giant Race. I don't know if it would have changed anything come race day. But looking back I was not in a good place mentally before that race. Perhaps letting those concerns out would have helped me because they would not have been bottled up inside.

I'm a big proponent of being authentic in our training journals. If only because it tells everyone else that sometimes this is difficult. That sometimes the faster runners than myself struggle too.

You've got this girl. I'm excited to see that finish time with a number 1 at the beginning.

dreams.gif

Happy Friday!
Guys thanks for bearing with me on the rollercoaster of emotions that is my life. I really do appreciate every last one of you because you guys are so supportive no matter what. So thanks for that!

Just gonna do a quick re-cap of my week.

Monday - Rest Day!
We like to watch scary/Halloween themed movies whenever we can during the month of October, so we decided on The Nightmare Before Christmas to get us prepared for our trip to Disneyland next week. We paired it with a delicious pumpkin beer. All was well.

IMG_8624.jpg

Tuesday - Plan: 5 mi @ EA 11:45 // Actual: 5 mi @ 11:23
We were told that rain was coming this week. It looked like rain, smelled like rain, alas there was no rain. Just so much humidity. Ew. Also, for some reason I thought this was a good week to start doing some lunchtime body strength workouts (look, I never claimed to be smart) and my legs have been sore ever since. Just what I need on race week.

IMG_8625.jpg

Wednesday - Plan: 4 mi @ EB 10:58 / Actual: 4.01 @ 10:57
We FINALLY got some rain (accompanied with lightning and thunder), but not until like 10pm. Sad it wasn't during a time I could run in it. Running in the rain is my favorite.

IMG_8711.JPG

Thursday - Plan: 3 mi @ EA 11:45 / Actual: 3.04 @ 11:15
Legs were STILL sore from Tuesday but this run felt good. There was a bite in the air from the storm the night before.

IMG_8719.jpg

Bay had her first swim meet ever on Thursday. It was just an intersquad meet and no times were recorded, which is good because she "swam freestyle" without using her arms at all. :sad2: She has a lot to learn but I need to remind myself that she is ONLY 6.

IMG_8726.JPG

Sometimes it's hard to do because she got bumped up from Kindergarten to 1st grade last year, so now she is in 2nd grade but surrounded by kids a year older than her. Speaking of that, we got her first progress report and she has all A's and her teacher loves her. We are super proud of her.

Friday - Rest Day!
Today I have basically just been obsessing over my pace plan for my race Sunday. I still have to finish packing which sucks because I am packing for two trips and that's really hard for me to do. Ugh.

Go get it! Be sure to a) have a plan for pacing your race and b) actually follow that plan. I had a down but not b my last race and it led to a lot of whining on my part afterward.

Way to go on the first swim meet Bay! She’ll definitely get the arms next time ;)

Happy packing!! I think you’ll come up with the perfect plan and all will fall into place. Excited for you!

Friday - Rest Day!
Today I have basically just been obsessing over my pace plan for my race Sunday. I still have to finish packing which sucks because I am packing for two trips and that's really hard for me to do. Ugh.

Rest day is the best day! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter