Every Mile is a Miracle

To paraphrase Homer Simpson: margaritas - the cause of, and solution to, all the worlds problems!

Running is crappy sometimes and double crappy when it happens on race day. Don’t think you can beat yourself up in this case though, having that climb straight out of the gate is just evil. Extra kudos for pushing on and not giving up.

A PR is a PR and it may not be the time you imagined, but you've made great gains. AND, you are running mountains when it's hot out! :worship:

Nice work on a tough day!! :banana:

Excellent job on a tough course!! Great job powering through even with your disappointment and congrats on that new PR!!
Thank you!

To paraphrase Homer Simpson: margaritas - the cause of, and solution to, all the worlds problems!

Running is crappy sometimes and double crappy when it happens on race day. Don’t think you can beat yourself up in this case though, having that climb straight out of the gate is just evil. Extra kudos for pushing on and not giving up.
Amen, Homer, amen... and thanks!

Congrats on the PR and major kudos conquering that elevation (again hehe)!!!
Thank you! I really should be checking the elevation of these races I keep signing up for. LOL.

Congrats on the PR. Hills are no fun even on the best of days.
TRUTH. Thank you!

A PR is a PR and it may not be the time you imagined, but you've made great gains. AND, you are running mountains when it's hot out! :worship:

Nice work on a tough day!! :banana:
So true! Thank you!

It's that time after a race that every person on a @DopeyBadger schedule fears and/or looks forward to...

IT'S NEW PACES DAY! They weren't too scary, but anytime these numbers go down it's a little intimidating. Especially since he is just basing them off my training times that I am hitting since I can't ever find a race without a damn mountain in it to prove myself on, hahaha.

Luckily I have two weeks of recovery before my next training plan begins, so if you need me I will be on my bike or in the pool with a little running here and there.

My plan today was to swim during my lunch break, so I head over to the Aquatic Center to fix a few of their computers I had in my work queue, and as I am driving up I see a school bus. OH GREAT. Just as predicted, the website was wrong and there was no lap swim this afternoon. LAME.

I guess some at home workouts will have to suffice as the husband is gone for a work trip this week so I have no me-time to go workout after work today.

Recovery Week 5/7 – 5/13
Mon 5/7 – Rest Day
Tues 5/8 – Bike
Wed 5/9 – Swim
Thurs 5/10 – 2 mi @ EB
Fri 5/11 – Rest Day
Sat 5/12 – Bike
Sun 5/13 – Hike

Monday: Rest Day

Tuesday: Early morning bike ride. As I have stated before, my city is really hilly and I hate coasting downhill. So I took my bike to the flattest place I know in town and rode around the island.
Distance: 7.79 miles
Duration: 36:57
Speed: 12.65 mph

Wednesday: I wanted to swim during my lunch break. I had all my stuff with me to do so. I show up to the pool and they had moved lap swim but didn’t update the website. COOL.

Thursday: Woke up early and did some workouts at home for about 20 minutes. After work, I had some time before I had to grab Bay so I bolted to the gym and ran two easy miles on the treadmill. (I hate the treadmill)
Plan: 2 mi @ EB (11:10)
Actual: 2 mi @ 11:11

Friday: Rest Day

Saturday: I wanted to get a workout in before the business of the day started, so I got up early and took my bike to the island. It was supposed to be windy this weekend but it never happened. The weather was absolutely gorgeous. I wore a Tinkerbell race shirt. (RIP) It was a good ride.
Distance: 11.22 miles
Duration: 51:42
Speed: 13.02 mph

IMG_5129.jpg

IMG_5130.jpg

After my ride we had a party for Bay’s Little League team. Then we ran some errands, drank some beer, and headed to my in laws pool. First pool day of the summer was a success!
IMG_5135.jpg

Sunday: My husband insisted I picked what we did today because it was Mother’s Day. I hate making decisions. But we talked about going on a hike, so we committed to that. My morning started with breakfast burritos, coffee, and a hike. Where my sweet 6 year old, who gave me the ability to call myself a mother, complained the whole time. Kids, man… I wore another Tinkerbell race shirt during my hike, too. (RIP) After that we headed to the grocery store, which was crazy, and grabbed food for dinner. Then, we went back to the pool. BECAUSE POOL.

IMG_5150.jpg
IMG_5160.jpg
IMG_5161.jpg
IMG_5175.jpg
IMG_5194.JPG

I have one more recovery week until my next plan starts. Hoping I can make it to the pool for lap swim this week!

Planned Recovery Training 5/14 – 5/20
Mon 5/14 – Rest Day / Evening walk
Tues 5/15 – Bike
Wed 5/16 – 3 mi @ EA
Thurs 5/17 – Swim
Fri 5/18 – Rest Day in Portland, OR
Sat 5/19 – Group run with friends in Portland
Sun 5/20 – Rest Day?

Love the pool shot with Bay flying through the air! We just opened our pool this weekend (still been chilly here), so will take a week or so to get the water to clear and warm up. Hopefully swim ready by Memorial Day!

Your bike is so pretty!!! My bikes are boring white. :(

What make is it?

Your bike is so pretty!! I am glad you had a good Mother's Day and a good week of training!

Ooooohhh.....pretty bike!

Your bike is so pretty!!! My bikes are boring white. :(

What make is it?
Thanks! :) Funny story about my bike situation. When I did my first two Triathlons I had some cheap-o white Schwinn bike I got at Target just as a casual rider. I never thought I would do a race on it. But then I did two races on it. a few months after my first Triathlons, my mom and dad bought me this beauty as a birthday gift. I picked this teal color because a) it's gorgeous and b) it would make my bike easier to spot in transition. That was in 2014.... and I haven't done a Triathlon since. OOPS. But I am eye-balling one I might squeeze in during July. We shall see.

@Keels - It's a Trek Lexa. Nothing fancy but I love her.

Love the pool shot with Bay flying through the air! We just opened our pool this weekend (still been chilly here), so will take a week or so to get the water to clear and warm up. Hopefully swim ready by Memorial Day!
Thanks! My in-laws had the pool cover on all week so the pool water was perfect!

Thanks! :) Funny story about my bike situation. When I did my first two Triathlons I had some cheap-o white Schwinn bike I got at Target just as a casual rider. I never thought I would do a race on it. But then I did two races on it. a few months after my first Triathlons, my mom and dad bought me this beauty as a birthday gift. I picked this teal color because a) it's gorgeous and b) it would make my bike easier to spot in transition. That was in 2014.... and I haven't done a Triathlon since. OOPS. But I am eye-balling one I might squeeze in during July. We shall see.

@Keels - It's a Trek Lexa. Nothing fancy but I love her.

I almost got a Lexa for my first road bike! They're SO nice! My first road bike was a used Specialized Dolce ... I think I'd had it like six weeks before I bought another road bike to add to my little stable of bikes. :rotfl2:

So much bike and hike this week ... I like! (Sorry, that was terrible)

And that bike color is awesome ... I would just use that as a house decoration (although that's mostly because I'm not the best of bike riders).

Pool time ... yay! I'm super jealous that you guys have access to a pool! (Although, being in Arizona, I'm guessing you have much more use for a pool than I have in NY. Although I suppose the inlaws part of it could be the downside sometimes...)

GUYS! This week I trained like the Triathlete I pretend that I am! I'm not sure if I will be able to keep up with tons of swimming and biking during my next training cycle, but I am gonna.... tri. ;) We are headed to Portland, OR tomorrow for the weekend, so I am gonna post my weekly update today. I know we are doing a group run with friends on Saturday but nothing too crazy. Just running to a brewery or two and then home. I am really excited for this weekend. <3

Recovery Week 2 Training 5/14 – 5/17
Mon 5/14 – Rest Day
Tues 5/15 – 3 mi @ EB
Wed 5/16 – Bike
Thurs 5/17 – Swim

Monday: Rest Day. We wanted to do a little hike, but time slipped away from us. So we started a new series on Netflix called Evil Genius about the "Pizza Bomber". It's realllllllly good. I had no idea this even went down.

Tuesday: I accidentally slept in a bit so I switched my bike ride to a run. I did 3 slowish miles just to remind myself what running feels like again. Recovery weeks are weird and I am glad I am almost done with it.
Plan: 3 mi @ EB (11:10)
Actual: 3.21 @ 11:21

Wednesday: I felt pretty slow this morning, but I'm not riding to crush any goals. Just to stay active. Also, I like riding my bike because I can sit the whole time. It's getting really buggy out right now, which sucks. I yell at a lot of bugs that fly into my face. The weather in the mornings is like perfect right now and I wish it could stay like this all summer.
Distance: 7.47 mi
Duration: 36:46
Speed: 12.18 mph

Thursday: I finally made it to the pool for a swim!! It's been forever. I also got new goggles so this was a whole exciting experience that I ruined by taking my Garmin Swim watch out of my swim bag for some reason. Ah well, I swam blind and counted my laps. I know my distance but not my exact time. This wouldn't have happened if I just upgraded my Apple Watch to a dang Vivoactive 3 like I want, though. Anyway, the snowbirds are gone from my city and the pool was dead when I got there at 5:30am. It was glorious.
Workout: 150 SKPS, 200 F/B, 100 P, 50 K, 100 F, 100 P, 50 K, 100 F, 200 F/B, 100 CD
Distance: 1600 yds
Duration: about 40 minutes

Next week I start my 17 week long Half Marathon training! I am so excited! I am gonna try to include some swimming and biking, which means brick workouts and early mornings. That I am not super excited for. But it's just too damn hot in the afternoons to do anything.

Upcoming Schedule 5/21 - 5/27
Mon 5/21 - Rest Day
Tues 5/22 - 3 mi @ EA (11:45) / Bike?!
Wed 5/23 - 3 mi @ EA (11:45)
Thurs 5/24 - 4 mi @ EB (10:58)
Fri 5/25 - Swim?!
Sat 5/26 - 3 mi @ EB (10:58) + Strides
Sun 5/27 - 4 mi @ LR (10:35)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter