EVC on buses

scootch

DIS Veteran
I see you can take evc's on buses. Will only be usign the buses 2 days, one to MGM and once to AK. My question is, is it easy to use the bus with your evc(will probably be renting one for my neice who was recently diagnosed with cancer)??? and are most of the buses able to take them(or will we have to wait for one that does?? I initially planned on just renting on at the parks, but I also have 2 small kids, so I am thinking it would be better to rent one for the week.

I think now that all the buses at WDW are either lift or ramp equipped. On occasion there might be one with the lift or ramp out of order. The newest ones have the best ramp.

There normally is a limit of two wheelchairs and/or ECVs per bus, but generally that should not be a factor.

Also, you are MUCH better off renting for the week from an off-site vendor. Besides saving money, it is available at all times and they are much more maneuverable than the ones Disney rents out.

Pretty much 100% of the buses are accessible, either with ramps or with lifts.
If you check out the disABILITIES FAQs thread, you will find an explanation about how the buses work for wheelchairs/ecvs.

I want to thank you all for this board. Taking my teenage neice was something I just made up my mind I was going to do...... dumb me didn't think of all the things I need to figure out to make this all a reality(I have 2 small kids and my hubby doesn't go to disney with us since we would be forced to go peek season as he is a teacher). thank you so very much.

How old is your niece. NOne of the rental companies with rent ECVs for use of people under 18. You may have to use a manual wheelchair.

She is 19. My great aunt just called and said she put her(almost brand new one) in storage becasue she never felt safe on it(she is 89).... and said we can use it if we want. I am going to go look at it and see if that might be a possibility.

I used an Ecv on our last visit.. No problems everyone was so helpful the drivers are GREAT....
I rented my ecv from Randy's .. no problems and good service...
Just have fun.... :earsgirl:

Thanks. My neice was recently diagnosed with cancer, a tumor on the sciatic nerve. They took out the tumor and part of her nerve, so she has no feeling below the knee. She is essentially a below the knew amputee that still has a leg.(that is how the dr described it) She is fitted for a brace and walking pretty well(with a limp of course), but I know she cannot walk all day long at disney. Since she isn't able to go to college in the fall(she is a pharmacy major), I invited her to come along with us. My hubby doesn't go, so it is myself and my 3 and 5 year old.... so trying to work all the details ahead of time. thanks again for all the advise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter