Epcot to get major transformations

You don't have to focus on the characters, focus on what it offers.

First I have seen both movies, and all Marvel movies and I thought it was pretty well done, and not targeted for Comic fans. It is a fun farcical look at what the future could hold, with some incredible visual effects and opportunities for Disney to exploit. A futuristic world with ship flights, and other worlds and space boots and rockets could be a blast. Also, how is GotG not family directed when the main portion of the story is a "family" tale and how to handle family relationships? Seriously? This could be a GREAT future world tie in, with them covering future tech, and energy resources using the characters of the movie. Don't let the movies put blinders on you.

Guardians is not really a franchise for all ages...is what I'm saying...

I'm ok With it...but you have to think more conservative. They had to put Elsa in Oslo because the little darlings were just...SO...BORED!!!:sad2:

Why they closed those made and makes absolutely no sense.

They were textbook EPCOT.

Couldn't they have at least kept them seasonally? Instead, its rumored that they packed up the simulators and sold them (like they needed the money), and let the other one just decay.

Did they need a place for storage that badly?

The rumor is the cannibalized the rides and badly partially dismantled them.

And no...they didn't need the storage...they didn't want to pay more minimum wage employees...or in the case of college program...sub minimum costs.

The rumor is the cannibalized the rides and badly partially dismantled them.

And no...they didn't need the storage...they didn't want to pay more minimum wage employees...or in the case of college program...sub minimum costs.

I'm surprised they didn't use it for the CP housing........

"Here's your pillow, you are sleeping under Buzzy"

Yes, but not your 600 times. :thumbsup2

Besides, you asked the question.

Why was a rotting Epcot ok ten years ago and now seems "not to be"

Espn is losing the profit they had supplied and the stock mongers need the parks to increase their take (been going on for 5+ years now)...which means they can't just let them tread and risk not making more off them.

Everybody gets this, right? That IS the spectre hanging above all this "new stuff for us" in Orlando...the bill is a comin'

Espn is losing the profit they had supplied and the stock mongers need the parks to increase their take (been going on for 5+ years now)...which means they can't just let them tread and risk not making more off them.

Everybody gets this, right? That IS the spectre hanging above all this "new stuff for us" in Orlando...the bill is a comin'

Again, who cares? I mean why should I care? I should applaud it then right?

But i also think US has an impact even if you say it's just ESPN..

Regardless, it's only good for my WDW and US vacations.

Again, who cares? I mean why should I care? I should applaud it then right?

But i also think US has an impact even if you say it's just ESPN..

Regardless, it's only good for my WDW and US vacations.

I think universal does have more and more to do for it.

Is it "good"? How much do you want to pay?

I think universal does have more and more to do for it.

Is it "good"? How much do you want to pay?

For what I'm seeing them both creating?

A lot more is fine with me.

WDW will probably spend $10 Billion over this decade. And I get the benefit on my AP. DVC stays about the same.

But why ask? Would you have preferred ESPN stayed where it was and we get no Pandora, no Toy Story Land, no Star Wars Land, no D springs, no NFL, no EPCOT overhaul, no MK expansion no MDE and no DVC expansion?

I'd actually love to see a ride in each countries pavilion. As long as they don't forget about the countries that they're in. They should be the main emphasis in World Showcase's appearance and the rides.

I don't want to feel like I'm traveling around "Disney's Islands of Adventure". Germany shouldn't look like 7 dwarves cottage or Rapunzel's tower and England shouldn't look like Wonderland.

For what I'm seeing them both creating?

A lot more is fine with me.

WDW will probably spend $10 Billion over this decade. And I get the benefit on my AP. DVC stays about the same.

But why ask? Would you have preferred ESPN stayed where it was and we get no Pandora, no Toy Story Land, no Star Wars Land, no D springs, no NFL, no EPCOT overhaul, no MK expansion no MDE and no DVC expansion?

I don't need dvc expansion at this point...what they're doing now isn't a positive...

But beyond that...I always have a healthy skepticism when someone says "I don't care what I pay..." when it comes to this.

That usually is you...as I recall. Good consumers are needed to keep the dealers in line. And good consumers have a sense of value that is demonstrated through their actions.

As I have said...from up here on the wall...a bazillion times: the consumers have been atrocious since 2012...fighting for scraps and paying more for reductions...

I would have liked a line to form and attendance to have dipped to cause reinvestment...now we're on to plan C

I don't need dvc expansion at this point...what they're doing now isn't a positive...

But beyond that...I always have a healthy skepticism when someone says "I don't care what I pay..." when it comes to this.

That usually is you...as I recall. Good consumers are needed to keep the dealers in line. And good consumers have a sense of value that is demonstrated through their actions.

As I have said...from up here on the wall...a bazillion times: the consumers have been atrocious since 2012...fighting for scraps and paying more for reductions...

I would have liked a line to form and attendance to have dipped to cause reinvestment...now we're on to plan C

Spin all you like. I'm glad ESPN is in decline because we are getting all this expansion because of it (your words). Pretty simple IMO.

Spin all you like. I'm glad ESPN is in decline because we are getting all this expansion because of it (your words). Pretty simple IMO.

That's not "spin"...that's what has happened. Check your wallet.

But I hope...moving forward...that insanity fades and those lines are still established.

Guardians is not really a franchise for all ages...is what I'm saying...

I'm ok With it...but you have to think more conservative. They had to put Elsa in Oslo because the little darlings were just...SO...BORED!!!:sad2:
So, neither is most of the princesses. Your point is?

They put Elsa in Oslo for speed and to quickly react to the dire need to get Frozen in the parks. Is it the best option, obviously not. But it wasn't because they were bored.

You don't have to think more conservative, you have to think what is next. At least that is what I would expect for FW. Last I checked, conservatism wasn't a large driver for future innovation.

I will also call out, Guardians is a major hit where they need help, young men and male teens, to target a different audience vs. the drive for more princesses.

That's not "spin"...that's what has happened. Check your wallet.

But I hope...moving forward...that insanity fades and those lines are still established.

Agreed, ESPN decline has led to vast expansion/improvements. A very good thing for WDW.

The market will continue to drive pricing, now more than ever.

Last edited:
So, neither is most of the princesses. Your point is?

They put Elsa in Oslo for speed and to quickly react to the dire need to get Frozen in the parks. Is it the best option, obviously not. But it wasn't because they were bored.

You don't have to think more conservative, you have to think what is next. At least that is what I would expect for FW. Last I checked, conservatism wasn't a large driver for future innovation.

I will also call out, Guardians is a major hit where they need help, young men and male teens, to target a different audience vs. the drive for more princesses.

Welcome to the Walt Disney Company

they've got that coming...the biggest thing for that since sliced bread is being built a short boat ride/ski lift away...
...but...they're building simulators for 8 year old demographics again

Just thinking about this a little more. If you replace the 3 Caballeros with Coco, Figment with Inside Out, and Ellen's Energy Adventure with GoG, you end up with new attractions, but you also have the same empty spaces.

Why not keep the existing attractions, and just add more? Have more things to do at Epcot. It will also spread out the crowds a little more and make people spend more time at Epcot.

Just thinking about this a little more. If you replace the 3 Caballeros with Coco, Figment with Inside Out, and Ellen's Energy Adventure with GoG, you end up with new attractions, but you also have the same empty spaces.

Why not keep the existing attractions, and just add more? Have more things to do at Epcot. It will also spread out the crowds a little more and make people spend more time at Epcot.

I see no realistic way they put an untested IP like coco on a ride...even a minor ride.

That rarely happens...last being it's tough to be a bug.

I see no realistic way they put an untested IP like coco on a ride...even a minor ride.

That rarely happens...last being it's tough to be a bug.

At the moment I don't see why they would. Judging from the trailer "Coco" didn't really grab me and usually they do. I don't think it's going to be super successful. I won't even sneak into a theater to see it.

I know it was just a trailer I'm judging it on, but there doesn't seem to be enough likable characters in it. Plus all of them look the same and it's not because they're Mexican either. Nope, I'm not racist, it's because most of them are skeletons. That's like having a whole movie of Jack Skellington's.

I know it's early, but I think they missed the mark on this one.

I don't see why they would. Judging from the trailer "Coco" didn't really grab me. I don't think it's going to be super successful. I won't even sneak into a theater to see it.

There doesn't seem to be enough likable characters in it. Plus all of them look the same and it's not because they're Mexican either. I'm not racist, it's because most of them are skeletons. That's like having a whole movie of Jack Skellington's.

I know it's early, but I think they missed the mark on this one.

Honestly...in everyone one of these "big rumors" breaking news stories...there's something like this that makes the whole thing look fishy.

This kinda "and THEN..." throw in blips that make it sound like some C/T that works at the popcorn stand wrote this in Mom's basement in Clermont.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter