Epcot-Food and Wine

sdrsdd

Mouseketeer
We have been to Disney several times as a family with KIDS, but next weekend we get ONE DAY adults only at Epcot to go to Food and Wine Festival. I would love any tips/suggestions to make this a wonderful day. It's a 40th bday gift for my husband.

• Check the maps online and take a look at the booth offerings - there is SO much that we've always found it nice to have a loose plan on what we'd like to try.
  • We've always enjoyed a seminar or two while we were there. There's a list out there somewhere on what's offered.
  • Even if you don't do a seminar, stop at the Festival Center as it has great shopping opportunities and the Ghiradelli exhibit.
  • Share when you can - there is just so much to try - most items are big enough for 2 people to get a few bites. ( Saves some money too ).
  • If you are trying to budget, I'd get some gift cards to use at the booths - if you load it for your maximum amount you want to spend, then once it's done it's done.

I second doing some research online on, like on Disney Food Blog, which has lists and photos of the booths and food. It can be overwhelming because there are so many options that are spread out!

Omg we just went and left the kids w a sitter. It was awesome. If you have the dining plan all the little food things count as snacks. The only thing I regret was scheduling a table service meal for that time, otherwise we could have tried so much more! Nom.

We went to F&W for the first time in 2013.

We didn't do any research, we just walked and looked and tried what seemed interesting. No tips, no tricks, just walking around the World enjoying each others company and trying different pairings. It was a wonderful day.

We just enjoyed F&W quite a lot with our kids - even on a Saturday night that went late. I'm only recently part of a family and the kids loved it too! Now they are adventerous eaters, but still. I'm finding those stickers all over and we've been home a month almost!

Also, be aware that it's going to be super busy-- this weekend is the last weekend of F&W for the year, and that usually brings out all the locals looking for one last chance at all the festivities.

So, as others have mentioned, come in with a general plan of what you'd like to try (Disney Food Blog has complete menus, with prices and photos of everything), and be prepared to wait in line.

We had a great time. Definitely share as you go, there is enough for a bite or 2 each and you can always come back. Don't book a table service on that day, you will not need it, use it as a day to stroll, hold hands, take some photos and generally enjoy the scenery. We have done it once and will definitely be back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter