ECV

Lynny

Earning My Ears
pLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY WE NEED TO EXPLAIN TO PEOPLE THAT WE NEED A WHEELCHAIR, IT JUST FROSTS ME, UNFORTUNATELY, I'M HEAVY AND NEED TO USE A WHEELCHAIR FOR MY RECENT BACK SURGERY, WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY IN APRIL AND I'M DREADING IT JUST BECAUSE OF THIS SITUATION, THE WAY PEOPLE LOOK AT YOU BEING IN ONE TO BEGIN WITH AND ALSO BEING OVERWEIGHT, THEY THINK YOU ARE IN A WHEELCHAIR BECAUSE YOU ARE FAT AND CAN'T WALK FOR THAT REASON,ICOULD NEVER IN MY LIFE MAKE ANYONE FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE IN THIS SITUATION BY STARING AT THEM, AND ALSO PARENTS SHOULD TEACH THEIR CHILDREN ABOUT PEOPLE WITH DISSABILITIES, I FEEL SOOOOOO UNCOMFORTABLE, THAT I JUST WANT TO STAY BACK AT THE ROOM OR POOL, THATS ANOTHER STORY. ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE APPRECIATED. LYN :rolleyes:

Lynny, I am going to bump another post about dealing with staring... you should read through some of the posts, I think you will find lots of people have dealt with this same problem. :)

galc.gif

"My brain takes a vacation just to give my heart more room..."
teri@iluvdisney.com

That thread is really a good overview of how people deal with staring/etc and their feelings about other people's treatment of them. Unfortunatly, some people are not nice. W

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter