Eat at Home 3!

Okay, so after a trip to HMart, here's my plan...
Sun - Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Shells, fresh style (I subbed in fresh spinach, fresh basil, and fresh fennel fronds and added mozzarella to this recipe...plus, I cut the spinach in 1/2 - family likes it cheesier...and used the last of my caponata blended into a marinara sauce for the sauce) https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/16663/spinach-and-cheese-stuffed-pasta-shells/, Caprese Salad, Strawberries
Mon (Pool Day) - BLTAs (kids asked for avocados and didn't eat them...and Hmart had Romaine and Tomatoes so cheap), Baked Fries, Blueberries and Cherries
Tues (Game Day) - I'm bringing a fruit tray for the kids' lunch (the other parent has handled every lunch, so I pretty much told the other parent this was coming, so she could plan anything else she wanted)...for dinner, I'm thinking I will finally do my Korean Pancakes with Fresh Veg, Strawberries and Bananas
Wed (Pool Day) - Chicken Caesar Salads, Betty Crocker Pasta Salad, Double Blueberry Muffins
Thurs (Bowling Day) - Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie Base, Baked Biscuits (I don't like putting these in a crock), Fruit Salad
Fri (Pool Day) - Frozen Pizza and Smoothies
Sat - OUT

Menu Plan - Week of July 21st

Saturday- beef enchiladas
Sunday - grilled chicken salads
Monday - beef burritos, coleslaw, corn
Tuesday - leftovers
Wednesday- frittata (mushrooms, peppers, spinach)
Thursday- spaghetti and meatballs, peas
Friday - burgers, mashed cauliflower, tomato/cucumber salad

Sun- grilled chicken, greens, corn cobbs and fries
Mon - poached chicken and noodle bowls
Tues - leftover lentil patties/crumbed fish and veg
Wed - spaghetti with cauliflower carbonara and garlic bread
Thurs -miso tofu/chicken, broccolini and rice
Fri - fritatta
Sat - leftovers

Been away for a bit, life etc but need to get back to this. I am trying to save money for a Disneyland trip in fall 2019 so eating at home it is. This week’s menu

Tonight grilled steak kabobs with sweet peppers, corn, and bruschetta
Sunday beer can chicken with grilled potatoes and salad
Monday buffalo chicken pizza with salad
Tuesday pork chops with German potatoe salad and Brussel sprouts
Wednesday leftovers
Thursday lemon chicken cutlets with rice
Friday spaghetti and meatballs

Joining in this thread...

Sunday - Salmon with dill (Costco), wild rice
Monday - Linguine with homemade pesto and shrimp
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday
Wednesday - Zucchini soup
Thursday - Rigatoni con pepperoni
Friday - Bacon/feta/spinach quiche
Saturday - Cookout at my house - hot dogs, ribs, coleslaw, baked beans, potato salad, smores

Here is the next week...
Breakfast: Yogurt, almonds, breakfast burritos (and 1 bought breakfast of loaded hashbrowns with bacon, mushrooms, peppers, onions, and an egg)
Lunch: Salads with chicken or tuna, chicken and hummus wraps, turkey and swiss wrap (all with a hardboiled egg)
Snacks: Cottage cheese, hummus and veggies, ice cream, chai tea with milk and sugar

Dinners:
Sunday: Greek chicken burgers on pita with hummus and tzatziki, roasted potatoes, and zucchini
Monday: L/O
Tuesday: L/O
Wednesday:L/O
Thursday: Coconut curry shrimp and broccoli with rice
Friday: L/O
Saturday: Roast chicken, stuffing, green bean casserole,and gravy

BTW, I am always in shock at how people make a new meal every single night. The thought alone exhausts me! Major props!

Sun: bbq chicken, coleslaw, grilled zucchini
Mon: turkey, sweet potato casserole
Tuesday: chicken sausage, zucchini chips, fruit
Wed: leftovers
Thursday: squash frittata, fruit
Friday: spicy black bean burgers, sweet potato wedges

Well we stuck to the plan most days. On my day off I had to take DS to oral surgeon consultation (Ugh, he has to have wisdom teeth pulled! Sticker shock with that price- almost double what is was for 6 years ago when older DS had his done!), then DH had to stay late at work for a meeting so I had to take the dog for her vet follow up (she got into something and had an allergic skin reaction), and our flooring quote was ready so we went by to go over that and pay to order materials. Since DS was working we just picked up a Little Caesar's pizza for the 2 of us, so at least that was cheap. The other night DS worked we had leftover pork chops and spanakopita. For my grocery trip this week I am buying for the next two weeks since I found some great grilling recipes. Then next week I'll only have to buy a few perishables. Not sure the order yet since I'll be working around mine and DS's work schedules.

bacon cheeseburgers w/chips & dip and fruit
grilled chicken alfredo with spinach
pressed chicken salad sandwiches with fruit
grilled pork chops with grilled plums and Asian rice
Greek meatball gyros and grilled veggies
steak street tacos with refried beans
Hawaiian burgers with pineapple and baked beans
peanut butter bbq pork kabobs with green beans
grilled Buffalo chicken with cucumber salad
chicken salad (with everyone's own favorite ingredients)
bbq pork pizzas
steak nachos

Okay, so after a trip to HMart, here's my plan...
Sun - Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Shells, fresh style (I subbed in fresh spinach, fresh basil, and fresh fennel fronds and added mozzarella to this recipe...plus, I cut the spinach in 1/2 - family likes it cheesier...and used the last of my caponata blended into a marinara sauce for the sauce) https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/16663/spinach-and-cheese-stuffed-pasta-shells/, Caprese Salad, Strawberries
Mon (Pool Day) - BLTAs (kids asked for avocados and didn't eat them...and Hmart had Romaine and Tomatoes so cheap), Baked Fries, Blueberries and Cherries
Tues (Game Day) - I'm bringing a fruit tray for the kids' lunch (the other parent has handled every lunch, so I pretty much told the other parent this was coming, so she could plan anything else she wanted)...for dinner, I'm thinking I will finally do my Korean Pancakes with Fresh Veg, Strawberries and Bananas
Wed (Pool Day) - Chicken Caesar Salads, Betty Crocker Pasta Salad, Double Blueberry Muffins
Thurs (Bowling Day) - Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie Base, Baked Biscuits (I don't like putting these in a crock), Fruit Salad
Fri (Pool Day) - Frozen Pizza and Smoothies
Sat - OUT

Stuck to the plan mostly, but went with Beef on Wed/Thurs, so we had Meatloaf Wed and Enchiladas on Thurs (used the lettuce and avocados I had here:)...so, I finished shopping before the rain hit today, and I have my new plan. This week, our bathroom remodel starts and the kids are in camp, so I don't know how it will go, but better to have a plan and change it than have no plan at all:)...PS - It was also berry week at the store, so I have them all to fit in:)...

Sun - Grocery Fried Chicken (had a deal for 8 pieces for $4, so it was a no-brainer easy pick), Coleslaw, Raspberries, Baked Bread
Mon - Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp over Buttered Orzo, Cucumber Dill Salad, Blackberries
Tues (Seeing I2, so light) - Beef Tacos with Lettuce, Avocado, and Homemade Pickled Radish, Strawberries
Wed - English Muffin Breakfast Sandwiches (Cheese/Egg/Bacon), Baked Tater Tots, Blueberries and Bananas
Thurs - Beef Manwiches, Coleslaw, Roasted Fennel Salad, Remaining Berry Salad
Fri - Pancakes with Homemade Fruit Sauce, Sausage, Smoothies
Sat - OUT (We had a date night planned this weekend, but skipped it, so next weekend it is:))...

Last night (from which lots of leftovers will be taken for lunch): Sinaloa style bbq chicken, mexican rice, soupy pinto beans, Mexican street corn, tortillas, homemade pico and guac w/ store bought tortilla chips

Today: fasting (we pigged out wayyy too much last night on our family bbq)
Monday: kalbi, rice, small assortment of korean side dishes
Tuesday: BLTs and fruit
Wednesday: Caesar salad with leftover chicken (if there is any; otherwise meatless)
Thursday: Chicken tikka masala, basmati rice, red cabbage
Friday: Out, maybe

Menu Plan Week of July 28th

Saturday- grilled chicken, pasta salad, squash
Sunday- meatloaf, mashed potatoes, cabbage
Monday - burgers, sweet potato fries
Tuesday - Asian chicken over rice
Wednesday- leftovers
Thursday - Mexican chicken salads
Friday- off to Disney!!!!:flower1:

Stuck to the plan mostly, but went with Beef on Wed/Thurs, so we had Meatloaf Wed and Enchiladas on Thurs (used the lettuce and avocados I had here:)...so, I finished shopping before the rain hit today, and I have my new plan. This week, our bathroom remodel starts and the kids are in camp, so I don't know how it will go, but better to have a plan and change it than have no plan at all:)...PS - It was also berry week at the store, so I have them all to fit in:)...

Sun - Grocery Fried Chicken (had a deal for 8 pieces for $4, so it was a no-brainer easy pick), Coleslaw, Raspberries, Baked Bread
Mon - Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp over Buttered Orzo, Cucumber Dill Salad, Blackberries
Tues (Seeing I2, so light) - Beef Tacos with Lettuce, Avocado, and Homemade Pickled Radish, Strawberries
Wed - English Muffin Breakfast Sandwiches (Cheese/Egg/Bacon), Baked Tater Tots, Blueberries and Bananas
Thurs - Beef Manwiches, Coleslaw, Roasted Fennel Salad, Remaining Berry Salad
Fri - Pancakes with Homemade Fruit Sauce, Sausage, Smoothies
Sat - OUT (We had a date night planned this weekend, but skipped it, so next weekend it is:))...

Kept this entire plan, except finally made the Korean pancakes (with frozen wild salmon and veg mixed in) and a Tom Yum meets Tom Kha soup on Monday...

Now, to this week:)...and no camp! (Bathroom has gotten off to a good start, so double hurrah!)

Sun (Friends over for afternoon game day) - Carryout Pizza, Strawberries
Mon - Homemade Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders, Mashed Potatoes, Coleslaw, Blueberries
Tues - Chicken Enchiladas, Refried Beans with Cheese and Salsa, Fresh Pineapple
Wed - Eggplant Parm, Creamy Polenta, Macedonia
Thurs - All Beef Hot Dogs, Sauerkraut and Onion Sauce, Baked Fries, Grapes, Smoothies
Fri - Leftovers (or Pizza Bites and Smoothies b/c I have a couple boxes that will either be a lunch or quick snacky dinner with veg sticks)
Sat - Out

Short week for me! Making one big meal to keep the budget low and then vacation!

Tonight: Roast chicken with stuffing, green bean casserole, and rolls
Sunday: L/O
Monday: L/O
Tuesday: L/O
Wednesday: Gen Con
Thursday: Gen Con
Friday: Gen Con
Saturday: Gen Con
Sunday: Gen Con

Forgot DS was having wisdom teeth pulled this past Wed. so I sent him to the store Mon. to buy some soup, applesauce, pudding, and oatmeal so he'd have soft stuff to eat for a couple days. Here's what we did:
Sun: bacon cheeseburgers and fruit, plus DS brought home cheesy ranch fries he made from work for us all to share
Mon: steak street tacos with refried beans
Tue: grilled chicken alfredo with spinach
Wed: chicken salad for DH and I
Thu: since DS wasn't eating and I had to stay late at work DH just ate the leftover chicken spinach alfredo and I made a sandwich with yogurt when I got home
Fri: grilled pork chops with grilled plums and Asian rice
Sat: DS eating at work, DH will grab something on way home from church, and I'm working so I'll grab something on the way to work

Now we have an extra meal for next week. Based on my work schedule (not sure of DS's yet) I think we'll do:

Sun (10-8): peanut butter bbq pork kabobs with green beans
Mon (off): Hawaiian burgers with pineapple and baked beans
Tue (off): steak nachos
Wed (1-10): grilled Buffalo chicken with cucumber salad
Thu (1-10): Greek meatball gyros and grilled veggies
Fri (9-6): pressed chicken salad sandwiches with fruit
Sat (7-5): eat out after church
Sun (off): bbq pork pizzas

Meal planning on a budget will be tricky for the next few weeks. DH has been told he's heading towards high cholesterol by his doctor (portion control and less burgers would help there!) and his grandma is staying with us for two weeks and she is on quite a restricted diet for her kidney function. No yellow/orange fruits and veg, very low carb/starch and low dairy... And I've got at least 2 late nights and work too.

Sun- will depend what I see at the store today! Maybe a mushroom and lentil pie.
Mon- mince, lentil and zuchinni spaghetti bolognese with low gi noodles and a side of broccoli
Tues- soup/baked beans
Wed- leftover spaghetti bolognese
Thurs- fritatta and salad
Fri- chicken karaage burgers
Sat- chickpea cutlets and whatever leftover veg we have.

We went away for a three week road trip so I haven’t posted in awhile. Saving for a trip in March 2018 so I plan to post regularly.

Today- Honey garlic sausages, baked potatoes, corn on the cob. Watermelon after dinner.
Sunday- chili and salad
Monday - wraps (seasoned ground beef, cheese, sour cream, lettuce, peppers etc)
Tuesday - mini meatloaves , roasted cauliflower, roasted carrots , corn
Wednesday- homemade pizzas
Thursday -breakfast for dinner ( pancakes, omlettes ,fruit)
Friday - Spaghetti pie , salad

Last edited:
Kept this entire plan, except finally made the Korean pancakes (with frozen wild salmon and veg mixed in) and a Tom Yum meets Tom Kha soup on Monday...

Now, to this week:)...and no camp! (Bathroom has gotten off to a good start, so double hurrah!)

Sun (Friends over for afternoon game day) - Carryout Pizza, Strawberries
Mon - Homemade Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders, Mashed Potatoes, Coleslaw, Blueberries
Tues - Chicken Enchiladas, Refried Beans with Cheese and Salsa, Fresh Pineapple
Wed - Eggplant Parm, Creamy Polenta, Macedonia
Thurs - All Beef Hot Dogs, Sauerkraut and Onion Sauce, Baked Fries, Grapes, Smoothies
Fri - Leftovers (or Pizza Bites and Smoothies b/c I have a couple boxes that will either be a lunch or quick snacky dinner with veg sticks)
Sat - Out

Update for tomorrow - grabbed cheap already marinated fresh salmon filets for tomorrow - $10 for 2lbs, which works as well as the carryout pizza...will probably add some quick biscuits and be done:).

Planning for this week...

Sunday - Zucchini soup
Monday - Chicken parm
Tuesday - Rigatoni pepperoni
Wednesday - Quiche
Thursday - Leftovers
Friday - Curry shrimp with naan
Saturday - TBD, maybe out to eat or grill at home

Plan for the week. We have busy week with soccer camp and volleyball try outs.

Saturday: Steak, sweet potatoes, Spinach artichoke dip
Sunday: Mock PF changs lettuce wraps, fruit, and double chocolate zucchini bread for kids (have to use up this zucchini)
Monday: Use up leftover Steak in Quesadillas, chips and homemade salsa
Tuesday: Buffalo chicken, carrots and dip
Wednesday: Hamburgers, Fries
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Pesto pasta, garlic bread,

This week I am doing...
Beef and tomato macaroni soup
Dirty rice
Gumbo
Some sort of veggie zucchini stir fry
Black bean soup, salad
Taco salad
Beer soup, tomato sandwiches

I think this maximizes my pantry, I only need a pack of sausage, a pack of chicken, and a loaf of bread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter