NEWS 5/17: Late 2019 itineraries released - link in post #1 (2020 watch thread will start soon)

I’ve got my TA ready with a few room choices. Thanks for your reply.

I’m looking at the 4/21 Wonder (can’t do the Canal because of teaching) and my TA (yep...using one for my Feb WDW Trip and she said “I can do the cruise too...” and I thought about it and decided to let her be on hold on Wednesday) has my first choice category and my “if that happens to be gone, go to this one” category and I’ve already told her just go ahead and put it on hold, get me the quote, and I’ll get you the deposit. Lol.

Hi all - I am wondering if there is any way to tell which of the 2019 itineraries include Marvel or Star Wars days at sea? Or is this something we will just find out on booking day? And I apologize if this question has been answered already - I did some searching but couldn’t find any info (which leads me to believe we won’t know anything before next week, but I thought I would ask in case someone has an inside scoop). Thanks!

Hi all - I am wondering if there is any way to tell which of the 2019 itineraries include Marvel or Star Wars days at sea? Or is this something we will just find out on booking day? And I apologize if this question has been answered already - I did some searching but couldn’t find any info (which leads me to believe we won’t know anything before next week, but I thought I would ask in case someone has an inside scoop). Thanks!
In the past it wasn’t announced until a month or two after booking. Once it’s announced, the prices go up.

In the past it wasn’t announced until a month or two after booking. Once it’s announced, the prices go up.

@mom4fun is correct.

This was the first year for MDAS, and they've had them even in the fall as well as winter. No clue if that trend will continue.

SWDAS has so far been every single Fantasy cruise from January through sometime in April. So I'd guess if you want SWDAS you're pretty safe booking any Fantasy sailing between January and say the end of March just to be safe.

Has there been any speculation about why the WBPC is so early in 2019?

In good news my oldest actually wants to do it! She'll still be 17 and the idea of one more cruise in the Vibe is more attractive apparently of the prospect of London at the end of EBTA! :-) I'm really excited.

Has there been any speculation about why the WBPC is so early in 2019?

In good news my oldest actually wants to do it! She'll still be 17 and the idea of one more cruise in the Vibe is more attractive apparently of the prospect of London at the end of EBTA! :-) I'm really excited.
I'm guessing the Mexico cruises were more popular than expected so they added more (or more popular than Galveston at that time). They don't want to miss out on Alaska, so they are moving the Wonder over to the West Coast earlier.

@mom4fun is correct.

This was the first year for MDAS, and they've had them even in the fall as well as winter. No clue if that trend will continue.

SWDAS has so far been every single Fantasy cruise from January through sometime in April. So I'd guess if you want SWDAS you're pretty safe booking any Fantasy sailing between January and say the end of March just to be safe.

Ok great - thanks everyone!! I was actually hoping to avoid the cruises with the special days, but we are leaning towards a 7-day on the Fantasy in Feb or March, so the choice might be made for me! I know we will have a great time no matter what :)

Last edited:

@mom4fun is correct.

Thanks I had the same questions about SWDAS in March 2019.

Brand new here so sorry if I missed these answers. Really hoping to do our first cruise in April 2019. I know I have to wait until Thursday but not sure if I can do it online. Everyone keeps talking about a TA so I am confused. Can I book all aspects of my cruise online including which dinner time? Thanks for your help.

Brand new here so sorry if I missed these answers. Really hoping to do our first cruise in April 2019. I know I have to wait until Thursday but not sure if I can do it online. Everyone keeps talking about a TA so I am confused. Can I book all aspects of my cruise online including which dinner time? Thanks for your help.

On Thursday, booking opens to everyone and will (should assuming Stitch leaves everything alone) be up online. Returning cruisers have to call or have their TA call Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday depending on status because while I’m sure there IS a way to do it, the IT department has enough on their hands than to fix the system so those with status can book online.

People are saying TAs will call because their job is kind of to sit on hold. Lol. I’m using one for the first time because of the cruise I want and I cannot take the day off to sit on hold.

But yes, Thursday anyone should be able to book online regardless of status.

Did they change the rules?
No rules to change, unless you are talking about doing a roundtrip. You can still do a roundtrip to Hawaii but in order to satisfy the PVSA, it has to stop in a "foreign" port. I believe Ensenada qualifies but I'm not for sure on that.

As far as one ways go, they got around that in 2015 by departing from Vancouver, BC versus California.

No rules to change, unless you are talking about doing a roundtrip. You can still do a roundtrip to Hawaii but in order to satisfy the PVSA, it has to stop in a "foreign" port. I believe Ensenada qualifies but I'm not for sure on that.

As far as one ways go, they got around that in 2015 by departing from Vancouver, BC versus California.

Yes I was thinking of round trip. I didn't realize they had done them so recently. Would be amazing.

Thanks for the link for the pricing thread, I didn't see it on the main thread list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!