DxDP. I seem to be loading up on Signature Restaurants

Cramden

DIS Veteran
I know it's not the best use of my credits but crunching the numbers based on what I plan to order I'm still coming out way ahead. Currently I have reservations for CG, AP, Narcoossee's and the BOATHOUSE. My thinking is since I'm already in the black with the dining plan I'd rather eat some memorable meals. Also trying to do a lunch and dinner with App, Entree and Dessert I could see myself being uncomfortably full.

Good plan? Only doubting myself since I've read so many times how a Sig is a waste of credits.

Also I plan on using a credit at Boma since I've never been and it's been on my to do list for years. Would I be better off paying out of pocket for Boma?

Thoughts and opinions appreciated! :-)

Good plan? Only doubting myself since I've read so many times how a Sig is a waste of credits.

It's only a waste when you're on the REGULAR dining plan. It's one of the best uses of a credit when on the DxDDP. The relative value of a TS credit for DxDDP is about $35 and it's pretty easy to reach the $70 with an app, entree, dessert, and drink (and now with alcoholic drink, even easier). With the regular plan, that credit is worth about $42. Reaching $84 with just entree, dessert, and drink is almost impossible (even with alcohol thrown in).

We've done the Deluxe plan once and are doing it again in a couple months. I'm wondering if those people who said a 2-credit meal (signature) is a waste of credits are referring to just the regular Dining plan. Because on the Deluxe plan, I think a signature is a good deal.

Example: Looking at California Grill. Appetizer for $20, entrée $49, dessert $14, alcohol drink $13. Total $96 pre-tax. So figure that one meal is around $100. I think the deluxe plan is $116 a day. So that means for your other meal that day (a 1-credit) if you spend over $16 you will already be ahead.

I have a 1-credit and a 2-credit booked for every single day of our trip. Eating breakfast or early lunch, then using snack credits for during the day, then a late 2-credit dinner. I've crunched numbers with several different meals chosen and we are way ahead, especially considering the refillable mug and all of the snack credits.

It's only a waste when you're on the REGULAR dining plan. It's one of the best uses of a credit when on the DxDDP. The relative value of a TS credit for DxDDP is about $35 and it's pretty easy to reach the $70 with an app, entree, dessert, and drink (and now with alcoholic drink, even easier). With the regular plan, that credit is worth about $42. Reaching $84 with just entree, dessert, and drink is almost impossible (even with alcohol thrown in).

Ok, yes, we posted at the same time. You confirmed my exact thoughts. :)

I know it's not the best use of my credits but crunching the numbers based on what I plan to order I'm still coming out way ahead. Currently I have reservations for CG, AP, Narcoossee's and the BOATHOUSE. My thinking is since I'm already in the black with the dining plan I'd rather eat some memorable meals. Also trying to do a lunch and dinner with App, Entree and Dessert I could see myself being uncomfortably full.

Also I plan on using a credit at Boma since I've never been and it's been on my to do list for years. Would I be better off paying out of pocket for Boma?

Thoughts and opinions appreciated! :-)

People like you are why that plan exists. Congrats and enjoy your vacation of meals. Hope you weren't planning on doing anything besides eating.

OK That makes sense that most are referring to the DDP. Thanks for clarifying.

LOL. I have a lot more planned than just eating but it is my first solo trip and I plan on treating myself.

OK That makes sense that most are referring to the DDP. Thanks for clarifying.

LOL. I have a lot more planned than just eating but it is my first solo trip and I plan on treating myself.

Sounds awesome! You'll have a lot of park time in between meals if you plan accordingly. Like I said, we'll be eating early and then late each day, giving us from 9-10 hours in between with no dining reservations. It works well! Enjoy.

The only signatures we recent enjoyed both service & food were jiko & hoop dee doo.
I urge you to try ohana to be full!!

I love to do signature meals and feel it is the best use of the dlxdp. I love to have a signature meal at the end of a day. It is a wonderful way to end the day. We tend to start in the park at opening and leave right after lunch or so. Then we have downtime to get ready for the signature meal. I believe vacations are an entire package and we like ours to be a good balance between park time and dining. We usually do either a ppo breakfast or an early lunch and then signature dinner. We have seen all of the night time entertainment and do not need to repeat it every trip. This is what is enjoyable to us and we find that we are able to get plenty of value out of the dlxdp. I think you have made some wonderful choice and I am sure you will have a wonderful trip!

I think it's a great use of your credits. Great food, more drink options.

Hope you weren't planning on doing anything besides eating.

This is such an odd response in a thread about using the deluxe plan for signatures, 2-credit meals, thereby reducing the amount of time spent eating vs. someone who uses the plan for three 1-credit TS meals a day. Not everyone wants to lug around a cooler or a backpack of granola bars to maximize their park time. There is nothing wrong with enjoying a meal for an hour or two at a signature restaurant while on vacation.

Sounds awesome! You'll have a lot of park time in between meals if you plan accordingly. Like I said, we'll be eating early and then late each day, giving us from 9-10 hours in between with no dining reservations. It works well! Enjoy.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to it. I'm usually subject to the pace and desires of an 8 year old so it will be a nice change.

Reactions: TJA
Seriously? We like two real meals per day, and book signature meals for dinner. My family likes to enjoy our entire vacation, and for us dining is definitely a part of the trip.

I'm French, Greek and Lebanese. Growing up we didn't have a lot of money but we ALWAYS were surrounded by wonderful food. Food was love. Like you dining while on vacation is something I really look forward to.

I love to do signature meals and feel it is the best use of the dlxdp. I love to have a signature meal at the end of a day. It is a wonderful way to end the day. We tend to start in the park at opening and leave right after lunch or so. Then we have downtime to get ready for the signature meal. I believe vacations are an entire package and we like ours to be a good balance between park time and dining. We usually do either a ppo breakfast or an early lunch and then signature dinner. We have seen all of the night time entertainment and do not need to repeat it every trip. This is what is enjoyable to us and we find that we are able to get plenty of value out of the dlxdp. I think you have made some wonderful choice and I am sure you will have a wonderful trip!

Thank You for the feedback!

We have very similar styles when it comes to vacations. We enjoy the Parks early, our Resorts mid day and Dinner at night.

I'm French, Greek and Lebanese. Growing up we didn't have a lot of money but we ALWAYS were surrounded by wonderful food. Food was love. Like you dining while on vacation is something I really look forward to.

LOL! I am French and Irish, and married a Lithuanian man. WE also plan our family events around our meals, so vacation is an extension of our celebrations. WE tend to gather twice a day and relax around the table, but dinner time is when we really just chat and go over the day. Best time Ever!

My DH wouldn't go if we couldn't eat every where he likes-that is what vacation is for him. We almost always do the deluxe dining plan, and will be here in a couple of days again:yay:. We have so many favorites that the regular dining plan doesn't get them all and we end up way ahead by going deluxe. With few exceptions we always just do 2 meals a day and they are spread out enough that I don't feel like we are over stuffed, nor do I think we are wasting any time. You have to eat anyways, might as well enjoy it!

We have free dining for our upcoming trip. My wife and I would easily make use of DDPx and go to a TS breakfast or a lunch then signature for each dinner. However, we have 2 teen girls who don't eat breakfast and would share a TS lunch many days. I do not believe we can upgrade from DDP to DS just for my wife and I. Otherwise we'd waste quite a few credits.

I was worried that doing three table service meals every day on deluxe would be too much food and take up too much time so I have some days with three meals and the rest with a early lunch and a signature dinner, we can use snacks for breakfast (when we dont have a breakfast ADR) and in between

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter