DVC website reservation tool

BeachMouse1

DIS Veteran
So I’m looking at the DVC booking site trying to add a day onto a trip and checking more often than usual. I’m noticing availability changes a lot. Is this due to cancellations?
For the more experienced when looking for a room how often do you check?
I’m looking for one night in a deluxe low point cost in May. I waitlisted Old Key West figuring a Boardwalk standard view or AK value won’t come up. I will be arriving later so just looking for one night to sleep

Yes, people cancel and change at all hours day and night, so it doesn’t hurt to check whenever you have the opportunity, even several times a day.
I waitlisted Old Key West figuring a Boardwalk standard view or AK value won’t come up.
You can have two WL at a time, so if the one for OKW is the only one you have, you can set one up for BWV Standard too - what do you have to lose? If one fills, the other will be canceled automatically. And if the OKW fills, you can set up a new one for BWV and have it replace the one at OKW, if that’s where you really want to stay!

Yes, people cancel and change at all hours day and night, so it doesn’t hurt to check whenever you have the opportunity, even several times a day.

You can have two WL at a time, so if the one for OKW is the only one you have, you can set one up for BWV Standard too - what do you have to lose? If one fills, the other will be canceled automatically. And if the OKW fills, you can set up a new one for BWV and have it replace the one at OKW, if that’s where you really want to stay!
Thank you

When I want a room I check about 6 to 8 times a day if it is really one I want.

But I think a lot of changes happen. Just today I modified some days in December and then changed my mind 10 minutes later and changed it back!!

So I took a room out, put a room in and then reversed it!!! lol

One more question please
So I waitlisted Old Key West and the night came thru. I really wanted animal kingdom so I waitlisted that and if it comes thru to cancel the OKW. The OKW is 3 points more so if AK comes thru do those 3 points go back to 2025 or are they now stuck in 2024?
If they are stuck can I call member services and ask them to reallocate if it’s before 30 days or are these stuck.
Thank you

One more question please
So I waitlisted Old Key West and the night came thru. I really wanted animal kingdom so I waitlisted that and if it comes thru to cancel the OKW. The OKW is 3 points more so if AK comes thru do those 3 points go back to 2025 or are they now stuck in 2024?
If they are stuck can I call member services and ask them to reallocate if it’s before 30 days or are these stuck.
Thank you

Any borrowed points are now in the UY of your trip. If your new waitlist comes through, and it’s more than 31 days out, you can ask to reallocate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter