DVC trade to suites at DL hotels?

aklknj

Earning My Ears
We're DVC members and I was trying to make arrangements to stay at the Disneyland Hotel or the Grand Californian. I was told that we could only trade into regular hotel rooms (two beds, no kitchens, washers, etc). Anyone know if I received the correct info? We're traveling with two kids, ages 6 & 9 and you all know how helpful those kitchens are! Any suggestions on which hotel is most enjoyable for this age range would be most welcome! :cool:

That is correct, DVC points apply only to regular rooms. They do not discriminate based on view, and there are no additional taxes or fees. You can often get a better cash value by using Disney Club, AAA, or possibly even DVC cash ressie discounts.

galc.gif

"My brain takes a vacation just to give my heart more room..."
teri@iluvdisney.com

Oh, the second question... I would go for the Disneyland Hotel for kids that age. The GC would be my second choice, the pools there are not as fun. The GC does have a kids club program, with extremely limited capacity available only to GC guests, if that is a factor. DL Hotel has a good location, great pool, fun restaurants, choice of shuttle or walking through DD to get to DL or DCA. They will love it!

galc.gif

teri@iluvdisney.com

Great advice...however, I wondered about the shuttle you mentioned from DLH to the park. We were just there, and one of the days the monorail was down (they told us the day before, so it must have been scheduled maintainance) Unfortunately it was really raining and we have a four year old, so we weren't relishing the walk through DD, she loves puddles!! (and, we had no stoller, we had decided it was best to rent one every day in the park, now I know better) SO, I asked at DL desk if there was any other way to the park and was told no...odd, considering they knew the monorail would be down...anyway, maybe she didn't understand my question. Is there a shuttle or not?

Hmmmm... the shuttle system has changed, I am not going to speculate. I didn't use the trams or shuttles this time because they were not where I was... and that seems to me to be one of the glitches tehy need to work out. That, and the child care situation. :rolleyes:

galc.gif

teri@iluvdisney.com

Thanks for the advice Teri! I was leaning toward the Disneyland Hotel but was concerned that it might be somewhat more run down as compared with the GC. Can you tell me anything about character meals there? We're still trying to decide if we want to be squished into a regular room after getting spoiled with suites for several years. We're also considering heading to FL and staying at the new hotel in Animal Kingdom. Either way, it's still Disney!
Lori :D

Disneyland hotel rooms are fairly large, many sleep 5, and they do have suites. Run down... I am 44, I am run down, too, but the hotel has had a makeover and it is fresh and wonderful for families! Fab character meals and adult meals, too. And it is so close to DD, you will have plenty of options. You will be happy there.

Now, I need a makeover...

galc.gif

teri@iluvdisney.com

We've stayed in the DL Hotel before and they are really large rooms compared to most hotel rooms. They also have a bar area with fridge and mini microwave. We are also DVC members and really enjoy the space and the full kitchen when we travel to DVC resorts. We were very comfortable in the DL hotel rooms. It didn't feel like a cramped hotel room at all.

Thanks for the extra info about the microwaves and refrigerators. Even small-sized ones are better than none when you're traveling with kids! I'm also reassured to hear about the sizes of the rooms at the Disneyland Hotel. Any other suggestions or comments are most welcomed!

Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter