DVC stay and towels

Dbktmc

Mouseketeer
I hope that I am putting this question in the correct forum. Please move if I should have placed it somewhere else!

We are staying at the GF for 10 nights in June. We have stayed at DVC resorts in the past but we have always stayed on a cash reservation. This will be our first time staying at a DVC resort using rented points.

I know that we will not be provided with cleaning service on a daily basis and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Anyways, I am really worried about not having enough towels in our studio. We will easily go through 4 towels/day and I am thinking about ordering a towel package each day of our stay. Can you tell me the current price to do this as well as the cost? In addition, is there any discount to doing this on a trash and towel day?

One last question, if we decide to get a full cleaning on trash and towel day how much would that cost? What if I want an additional cleaning that is not on trash and towel day? Is there a difference in cost for that?

Thanks for your help! We have been to Disney more times than I can count but never on rented points before!

TIA!

I hope that I am putting this question in the correct forum. Please move if I should have placed it somewhere else!

We are staying at the GF for 10 nights in June. We have stayed at DVC resorts in the past but we have always stayed on a cash reservation. This will be our first time staying at a DVC resort using rented points.

I know that we will not be provided with cleaning service on a daily basis and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Anyways, I am really worried about not having enough towels in our studio. We will easily go through 4 towels/day and I am thinking about ordering a towel package each day of our stay.

You can do that if you want, but we have had zero issues reusing the towels provided.

Can you tell me the current price to do this as well as the cost?

Trash and Towel service is included in all stays of more than four days. If your stay is for less than eight nights, you will receive Trash & Towel service on day four. If your stay is for eight nights or longer, you will receive a full cleaning service on day four, and Trash & Towel service on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day twelve. Day one is check-in day. Daily housekeeping can be arranged and paid for at time of check-in. The following rates are subject to change:

Additional Full Cleaning Rates:
Studio - $30.00 for each day requested
One-Bedroom - $45.00 for each day requested
Two-Bedroom - $60.00 for each day requested
Three-Bedroom - $75.00 for each day requested

Additional Trash & Towel Rates:
Studio - $10.00 for each day requested
One-Bedroom - $15.00 for each day requested
Two-Bedroom - $20.00 for each day requested
Three-Bedroom - $30.00 for each day requested

In addition, is there any discount to doing this on a trash and towel day?

You will get fresh towels on trash and towel day so not sure what you are asking.

One last question, if we decide to get a full cleaning on trash and towel day how much would that cost?

See above.

What if I want an additional cleaning that is not on trash and towel day? Is there a difference in cost for that?

No difference from the cost listed above.

We have rented points quite a few times now and were worried about the lack of daily housekeeping too. I have to say, we have had zero issues with not paying for any extra services.

Couldn't you just get towels from the pool area ?
Really!! No.
Pool Towels are for pool use. They are not intended to supplement studio towels, hence the availability of towel packs. They are laundered and processed differently than bath towels.
We do not have fresh towels each and every day at home - do you? We reuse them some.
If not having fresh towels daily, or not having frequent Mousekeeping bothers you, perhaps renting points for a DVC - timeshare not hotel - stay is not for you.

The GF studio will have 6 towel sets(7 if they do the Mickey towel). Are you really using 7 full towels a day? If so and you don’t want to hang and reuse then youll just have to pay the charge.

If a person pays to get a towel pack, does housekeeping take ALL the towels away on T&T day?

I was wondering because I could see paying a a towel pack once, but just throwing them into a washer once or twice over the week. I know there isn't a washer in the room, but taking them to the laundry room isn't that much of a hassle.

We (just two in the room) have always been fine with the standard towel service.

You will get fresh towels on trash and towel day so not sure what you are asking.

I’m sorry that I wasn’t clear in my question. I meant what if I wanted a full cleaning on Trash and towel day. Is the cleaning fee the same or discounted?

Really!! No.
Pool Towels are for pool use. They are not intended to supplement studio towels, hence the availability of towel packs. They are laundered and processed differently than bath towels.
We do not have fresh towels each and every day at home - do you? We reuse them some.
If not having fresh towels daily, or not having frequent Mousekeeping bothers you, perhaps renting points for a DVC - timeshare not hotel - stay is not for you.

Question about pool towels. If the grandkids are with us, usually they are wrapped in a towel or two going back to the room. We always return the towels to the pool area later. What does everyone else do with the towels?

Question about pool towels. If the grandkids are with us, usually they are wrapped in a towel or two going back to the room. We always return the towels to the pool area later. What does everyone else do with the towels?

We leave ours in our room for pickup on towel service or cleaning day.

You are correct. I’m not sure that renting DVC points is right for my family. We are trying it this one time and have been having second thoughts since we booked it. My annual pass discount would have given me a traditional room at the GF for only $30 extra per night. Of course I didn’t know that 11 months in advance when I rented my points. To complicate matters, my parents decided to join us on our trip about 6 weeks ago and can’t afford to stay where we are staying. Due to point rental we are locked in and can’t change resorts to be with them. No, it isn’t the end of the world but they are 73 and 80 and we never know if they will come back with us again.

Anyways, I was not the poster who asked about pool towels so I think your anger is being misdirected at me.

This is the correct thing to do

We leave ours in our room for pickup on towel service or cleaning day.
Pool towels should be returned to the pool. They are laundered and handled differently than bed and bath linens.

You are correct. I’m not sure that renting DVC points is right for my family. We are trying it this one time and have been having second thoughts since we booked it. My annual pass discount would have given me a traditional room at the GF for only $30 extra per night. Of course I didn’t know that 11 months in advance when I rented my points. To complicate matters, my parents decided to join us on our trip about 6 weeks ago and can’t afford to stay where we are staying. Due to point rental we are locked in and can’t change resorts to be with them. No, it isn’t the end of the world but they are 73 and 80 and we never know if they will come back with us again.

Anyways, I was not the poster who asked about pool towels so I think your anger is being misdirected at me.
I'm sorry that my response came across to you as anger at you. I quoted the poster, @Meglen, who asked about using pool towels. And it is not anger, it is frustration. As a DVC owner we pay for these kind of inconsiderate actions by others. It literally costs me in my annual maintenance fees.
I am sorry your stay has proven difficult. You are experiencing the kinds of things I caution folks about. DVC stays truly are not for everyone.
Good Luck with your trip with your parents.

I'm sorry that my response came across to you as anger at you. I quoted the poster, @Meglen, who asked about using pool towels. And it is not anger, it is frustration. As a DVC owner we pay for these kind of inconsiderate actions by others. It literally costs me in my annual maintenance fees.
I am sorry your stay has proven difficult. You are experiencing the kinds of things I caution folks about. DVC stays truly are not for everyone.
Good Luck with your trip with your parents.

Thanks! I know that we will have a good time no matter what. I just feel so bad that we can’t afford to upgrade my parents to where we are staying.

Anyways, I understand your frustration if your dues are impacted by this situation. DVC is expensive and anything that raises dues, especially something that can be prevented, must be really frustrating.

Really!! No.

Im sorry if my post upset you :( I have not stayed at dvc before and didn't realize the extra cost and different handling of cleaning them. My family usally just uses the towels we have and hang them up (shower at night) so by the time we get back from the parks they are ready again.

Is there a site or statement somewhere in the dvc handbook that explains this? I'm curious what else renters have no clue about that if the info was out there it would make everything easier.

I am guilty of bringing pool towels back to the room during our last port Orleans stay. We used them at the pool and just left them for cleaning due to the heavy chemicals from pool water we wouldn't use them for showers . Next time I will make an effort to bring them back down and put them In the bin.

Im sorry if my post upset you :( I have not stayed at dvc before and didn't realize the extra cost and different handling of cleaning them. My family usally just uses the towels we have and hang them up (shower at night) so by the time we get back from the parks they are ready again.

Is there a site or statement somewhere in the dvc handbook that explains this? I'm curious what else renters have no clue about that if the info was out there it would make everything easier.

I am guilty of bringing pool towels back to the room during our last port Orleans stay. We used them at the pool and just left them for cleaning due to the heavy chemicals from pool water we wouldn't use them for showers . Next time I will make an effort to bring them back down and put them In the bin.
Okay
What is the “DVC Handbook” ? I don’t think there is one.
Most things are common courtesy and common to Timeshares. DVC is NOT a hotel. Owners pay for everything, Literally.
Our annual maintenance fees ( dues) budget breaks costs per annum down. We pay a portion of the Front Desk costs, we pay a portion of Transportation costs, we pay a portion of landscaping costs, etc. etc. etc. if you walk up to a housekeeping cart and ask/ take extra toiletries ultimately we pay for that.
My dues go up every year. When I see folks being inconsiderate and self centered ( not talking about you @Meglen ) it makes me crazy.

Okay
What is the “DVC Handbook” ? I don’t think there is one.
Most things are common courtesy and common to Timeshares. DVC is NOT a hotel. Owners pay for everything, Literally.
Our annual maintenance fees ( dues) budget breaks costs per annum down. We pay a portion of the Front Desk costs, we pay a portion of Transportation costs, we pay a portion of landscaping costs, etc. etc. etc. if you walk up to a housekeeping cart and ask/ take extra toiletries ultimately we pay for that.
My dues go up every year. When I see folks being inconsiderate and self centered ( not talking about you @Meglen ) it makes me crazy.
I do not believe this stuff is common knowledge for non owners at all. Maybe I live under a rock. It's always good to learn new things. I dislike being "that" type of person but untill today I had no idea about some of the things you have mentioned. When you rent points (going in Nov) non of this is shared.

If you call and ask for more towels the rep on the phone will often just tell you to grab them from the pool. This has been our experience more than once. This is what we do and it works perfectly.

I do not believe this stuff is common knowledge for non owners at all. Maybe I live under a rock. It's always good to learn new things. I dislike being "that" type of person but untill today I had no idea about some of the things you have mentioned. When you rent points (going in Nov) non of this is shared.
Most of this is typical of a timeshare, which is what DVC is. It is supposed to be a home away from home and you should not expect the services a regular hotel provides.
Denise

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest