DVC / RCI Questions

DisneyDotts

Mouseketeer
Hey Everyone,

Just closed and booked my 1st DVC vacation. I’m super excited. Now for the other part of the question RCI.

So I have another timeshare that gives me access to II(Interval International). There are a lot of Orlando resorts on it that I use every now and then as a cash option. The quick weeks.

I’m wondering if RCI has Orlando resorts as I can’t find any on there (unless I’m looking in the wrong area). I’ve tried looking under the exchanges, extra weeks and just the regular search button. I can’t find any hotels for the Orlando area. Even when I filter Florida out I get nothing but beach hotels.

Let me know if I’m looking in the wrong place or RCI / DVC is not affiliated with any Orlando resorts.

Thanks!!

I'm pretty sure you can't use DVC for any Orlando exchanges, points or cash. They want you to buy more points from them instead.

I'm pretty sure you can't use DVC for any Orlando exchanges, points or cash. They want you to buy more points from them instead.
That's my understanding as well and given there's zero availability for cash with RCI for Orlando through the DVC portal, I think that confirms the limitation. But there are a number fo good RCI resorts in Orlando and one can access them in other ways.

That sucks. I guess that’s why I could only find beach and everything other then Orlando cash options on the site. I was hoping to use the cash options for when I don’t want to stay on Disney property like going to universal or something. Oh well.

That sucks. I guess that’s why I could only find beach and everything other then Orlando cash options on the site. I was hoping to use the cash options for when I don’t want to stay on Disney property like going to universal or something. Oh well.

Many people will rent a Dvc reservation with the points they aren’t using, and use that money for a cruise or Universal etc.

@DisneyDotts, Thank you for bringing up this question! I hadn't realized that the RCI Membership through DVC excluded all offers (exchanges, rental weeks) in the Orlando area. Now I know ... thanks!

(I have an individual RCI account through other timeshare that I was thinking to let expire ... this complicates that decision. But good to know!)

There is another timeshare site called www.tugbbs.com that has a good timeshare for rent/wanted section that may interest you for those orlando resorts.

@DisneyDotts, Thank you for bringing up this question! I hadn't realized that the RCI Membership through DVC excluded all offers (exchanges, rental weeks) in the Orlando area. Now I know ... thanks!

(I have an individual RCI account through other timeshare that I was thinking to let expire ... this complicates that decision. But good to know!)
Yep that’s what I was going to do too. We have II through another timeshare and while I love the resorts I get into with that I was thinking of giving it up. I guess not now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!