DVC Polynesian Villas First Impressions - June 2015

Here is the points chart

2015-01-09_6-40-27.png

Can I ask you, if you remember or have a photo, was there a tiny freezer compartment in the studio refrigerator or was it al refrige?

Can I ask you, if you remember or have a photo, was there a tiny freezer compartment in the studio refrigerator or was it al refrige?

I put in some water bottles in the mini refrigerator and it did NOT have a freezer or ice.

We stayed for one night last month. Lake view, third floor. The room was quite large, although kitchenette was smaller than other DVC studios. My own wish list...since the bathrooms are SO large, a stackable washer/dryer could have maybe been installed somewhere. The view of MK and the fireworks was wonderful...but I would never entertain buying points there because of the lack of a one bedroom and the washer/dryer and full kitchen. However, the easy access to the TTC is a bonus. I think the strange decor is what the Poly had to begin with? Not sure, as have not stayed there since the early '80s. Decor is not important to me.

We stayed for one night last month. Lake view, third floor. The room was quite large, although kitchenette was smaller than other DVC studios. My own wish list...since the bathrooms are SO large, a stackable washer/dryer could have maybe been installed somewhere. The view of MK and the fireworks was wonderful...but I would never entertain buying points there because of the lack of a one bedroom and the washer/dryer and full kitchen. However, the easy access to the TTC is a bonus. I think the strange decor is what the Poly had to begin with? Not sure, as have not stayed there since the early '80s. Decor is not important to me.

The strange decor is Hawaiian theme and you must be referring to people like this

luau-theme-party-games.jpg

or these guys

Luau%2BParty%2Bboys.jpg

The noises from the boat horns going off every 15 minutes is SIGNIFICANT and if you are a light sleeper, then avoid these rooms. The Bungalows looked very cool and I would definitely want 1-13 instead of 14-20 and HATE 17-20. The landscaping was not totally done and when a large rain storm hit us, it washed away lots of the mulch onto the sidewalks and even forced the pool to be closed. The landscaping definitely needs some barriers or better drainage as this will be a constant headache in the future..

Which Bungalows are closer to VGF - 1 - 13 Or 14 - 20?

What room type did you book.

I would ask for a high floor as they have the best views. Make sure to check out Trader Sam's.

A studio. Thanks I will ask. Can't wait to have a drink at Trader Sam's.

Silly question - I can't remember if I put a room request in or not. Is there a way on the DVC site to see if I did?

Thanks!

A studio. Thanks I will ask. Can't wait to have a drink at Trader Sam's.

Silly question - I can't remember if I put a room request in or not. Is there a way on the DVC site to see if I did?

Thanks!

I would definitely call DVC direct to make sure of that request as I don't know if you can verify that online.

Really helpful thread, thanks to all who have posted. A friend and I are doing a short girls' trip in February and booked a standard view studio. This will be my first stay at Poly in many years, and first in the DVC rooms there.

From what I've read here, it looks like I should request a third floor room in Tokelau for best view and to avoid noise. Can someone suggest a specific room? TIA.

Really helpful thread, thanks to all who have posted. A friend and I are doing a short girls' trip in February and booked a standard view studio. This will be my first stay at Poly in many years, and first in the DVC rooms there.

From what I've read here, it looks like I should request a third floor room in Tokelau for best view and to avoid noise. Can someone suggest a specific room? TIA.

Tokelau has all standard views so I would go with that and save $$$. Moorea only has the lakeview side rooms - I think there are only 79 rooms and the rest between Moorea (other side is standard), Tokelau, and Pago Pago are all standard.

Sorry if this has been answered many times already, but why is it mostly studios? We have never stayed at a MK resort before, so I would love to try one. We toured VGF last year and they were impressive. We will get to one sometime soon, but we prefer a one bedroom

Tokelau has all standard views so I would go with that and save $$$. Moorea only has the lakeview side rooms - I think there are only 79 rooms and the rest between Moorea (other side is standard), Tokelau, and Pago Pago are all standard.

Yes and if you are lucky enough to get the 3rd floor at the end of the Tokelau building, even with your standard view, you'll see this from your balcony:

Yes that is the castle. Here it is with the camera zoom:

We stayed here for the first time during July 4th weekend, lucky enough to snag a reservation here when we did not own DVC here. It was by far one of my FAVORITE room locations ever! There were 5 of us (2 adults and 3 kids ages 15, 12, 11) in a studio and honestly it was not bad at all. We also prefer one bedrooms (as one poster above mentioned) but with the two bathrooms this worked out pretty well for us. After all, we are not in the room THAT much on our trips!

Last edited:
Yes and if you are lucky enough to get the 3rd floor at the end of the Tokelau building, even with your standard view, you'll see this from your balcony:

Yes that is the castle. Here it is with the camera zoom:

We stayed here for the first time during July 4th weekend, lucky enough to snag a reservation here when we did not own DVC here. It was by far one of my FAVORITE room locations ever! There were 5 of us (2 adults and 3 kids ages 15, 12, 11) in a studio and honestly it was not bad at all. We also prefer one bedrooms (as one poster above mentioned) but with the two bathrooms this worked out pretty well for us. After all, we are not in the room THAT much on our trips!
Remember seeing these BEAUTIFUL pics! :goodvibesSO PRETTY!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!