DVC Points 2020 when can I book

Daffy41

Earning My Ears
I feel like I should know this answer, having owned DVC for a while, but for some reason I'm not sure:
My use year is April, I used both my 2018 and 2019 points on vacations in Oct 2018 and January 2019, now my daughter has asked me to book a short trip for May 2019 my question: CAN I BORROW FROM MY APRIL 2020 POINTS TO MAKE THE RESERVATION - AND IF SO WHEN CAN I BOOK IT???

Thanks !

You can borrow those points for any trip during your 2019 UY, which in your case would be after April 2019. You can book it now for May 2019. The 7 month window opens this month for May.

FFMickey THANKS !

That's what I thought and yesterday when I made a very quick call to member services to make dining arrangements, I inquired and I thought she said since they were 2020 points I needed to wait till May of 2019??? The guide seemed to be in a "hurry" to get me off the phone ( the very first time I've ever been rushed thru a call) so I was just going to call back today ... but thought I'd give the boards a shot - I always find the answers I'm looking for!!!

Thanks again have a magical day !

Since your Use Year is April, you can borrow your 2020 points and apply them for dates that begin as early as April 1, 2019.

Today is October 9, 2018. The 11-month Home Resort booking window extends all the way until September 9, 2019. The 7-month Non-Home Resort booking window extends all the way to May 9, 2019.

So, if you intend to book your home resort, you are already in the booking window whereby you can borrow your 2020 points.

Wdrl THANKS!

Seems the more points I have the more points I need .... LOL

Have a magical day !

You book 7 mo or 11 mo before the trip. UY does NOT matter, only that when you travel you have points to cover the trip.

Yes - basically when you are borrowing you are then putting those future points into an earlier UY. In your situation it would be taking those April 2020 points and putting them into your April 2019 UY - which if you had to cancel the trip for some reason those points would stay in the 2019 UY and would have to be used by March 31, 2020.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter