DVC Parking at Different Resort

kogerc

Earning My Ears
I have a question that I am sure has already been answered. As a DVC member staying at AKL, can I park my rental car at BLT (my home resort) for the day without paying a parking fee? I want to be able to shop at CR and walk over to MK without moving my vehicle to the TTC.

Thank you!

Not likely. Parking is for guests staying in the resorts at that time or who have an adr (and then they can and often do limit to three hours). Hotel parking is not for theme parks. It does not matter if it is your home resort. Park in ttc and monorail over to contemporary and walk to mk from there

In theory you could pay for valet parking if available

Think of it this way. How would another Disney Vacation Club member, who used his points to book at Bay Lake Towers, feel when he returned there and found all the spaces taken by other guests including fellow DVC members staying elsewhere who parked for the day at BLT or the Contemporary and who walked to Magic Kingdom or took a bus elsewhere?

Or does the DVC handbook actually say that members may freely use the swimming pools and parking lots at all DVC resorts?

Valet parking works a little differently. You may leave your car for the rest of the day and you get free valet lot hopping also, unless the valet who takes care of you tells you otherwise just before he takes your car.

Last edited:
DVC members get no special parking privileges at resorts they are not actually staying at.

Parking at resorts is for those who are enjoying the amenities of that resort. Once you leave the resort property, you are no longer entitled to its' perks. Being a DVC member doesn't entitle you to park at any DVC resort, just the resort you're paying to stay at!
There have been instances where a non-resort guest was allowed in, to park at a resort, without ADRs or such, but it's nothing I would count on. Park at the TTC and take the monorail to the CR, then walk back to the MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter