DVC Members cruise Oct 5-12 2019 to Bermuda/Boston!!!

I am from Boston, so I will be happy to answer any questions once the excursions come out. The city is full of history, and we love our sports teams. Maybe you'll be lucky and there will be an early game that you can catch when we are in port, Fenway Park is not to far from the port
I’m not a huge baseball fan outside of our local team but I was thinking about Fenway too but I’m always leery of going on my own shore excursion. I know it will likely save some money but I feel like, should something happen on a cruise-sponsored excursion, they’ll also be more likely to find a way to get me back to this ship. If I go on my own, they would leave me hanging.

Last edited:
In case people haven't checked lately, this is cruise is now starting to show up in our reservations section on the DCL website. Found that out a couple of days ago. I even received an email from DCL today, welcoming us aboard :welcome: There seems to be a glitch though (at least it better be a glitch) where it lists our time in Bermuda, it says 10am-3:30pm both days, I would hope we can come and go as we please during the two days we are docked there!

In case people haven't checked lately, this is cruise is now starting to show up in our reservations section on the DCL website. Found that out a couple of days ago. I even received an email from DCL today, welcoming us aboard :welcome: There seems to be a glitch though (at least it better be a glitch) where it lists our time in Bermuda, it says 10am-3:30pm both days, I would hope we can come and go as we please during the two days we are docked there!
Thanks! I had not checked in several days. No email yet but my reservation is showing on the DCL site.

Does anyone know is the tips included in this cruise? I read somewhere that tips are included in the DVC members cruises, can't remember where I read it now.

Thanks.

Does anyone know is the tips included in this cruise? I read somewhere that tips are included in the DVC members cruises, can't remember where I read it now.

Thanks.
Usually tips are included on chartered DCL cruises. I called to see if this would be the case, and was told to wait for the official notice from DCL.
SO, my GUESS is yes.

Usually tips are included on chartered DCL cruises. I called to see if this would be the case, and was told to wait for the official notice from DCL.
SO, my GUESS is yes.
I called the Member Services DCL line mentioned in the pre-booking information and asked before booking. I was told tips are included on this cruise.

:boat:Ok, after returning from this year’s DVC MC with my DH, I chatted with friends, two are DVC Members, 2 are not. We booked 2 connected OV rooms. We gals are going to Bermuda with you! DH and I are on the West Coast Cruise. DH truly enjoyed himself on this cruise. He would have come on this one, but our :dogdance: Gus will have spend 2 weeks in kennel as we are on DCL’s WBTA next year. Plus all of my friends have been on MCs before and Bermuda was on everyone’s wish list.

I have organized local Candy/Snack Exchanges on DCL Cruises. Groups are generally under 11 cabins, once we hit 12, I divide into two groups. Right now, just mention if you are interested.

On this past cruise we received goodies from Texas, Alabama, Virginia, Colorado, Maryland, Georgia and Japan! ( We received from 10 places.). Delicious candies, cookies, chips and nuts.

We had a Disboard breakfast meet on the first Sea Day, meeting at 8:30, heading in to the MDR that is opened by 8:45, so as to make whatever presentation we would like to get to. This is always fun. Not huge attendance perhaps, but fun. On this past cruise the MDR opened at 8:30 on the first sea day, we could meet at 8:15 and go in together if earlier sounds better. No need to sign up, just show up!:)

Bobbi

PS Just remembered that we got cookies from Ohio/Kentucky! We lived near Cincinnati for 23 years and never had them. Delicious iced smile face cookies!

Last edited:
Sept 25 cruise is described as a Halloween Cruise! Do you think ours will have Halloween activities as well as MC ones?

:boat:Ok, after returning from this year’s DVC MC with my DH, I chatted with friends, two are DVC Members, 2 are not. We booked 2 connected OV rooms. We gals are going to Bermuda with you! DH and I are on the West Coast Cruise. DH truly enjoyed himself on this cruise. He would have come on this one, but our :dogdance: Gus will have spend 2 weeks in kennel as we are on DCL’s WBTA next year. Plus all of my friends have been on MCs before and Bermuda was on everyone’s wish list.

I have organized local Candy/Snack Exchanges on DCL Cruises. Groups are generally under 11 cabins, once we hit 12, I divide into two groups. Right now, just mention if you are interested.

On this past cruise we received goodies from Texas, Alabama, Virginia, Colorado, Maryland, Georgia and Japan! ( We received from 10 places.). Delicious candies, cookies, chips and nuts.

We had a Disboard breakfast meet on the first Sea Day, meeting at 8:30, heading in to the MDR that is opened by 8:45, so as to make whatever presentation we would like to get to. This is always fun. Not huge attendance perhaps, but fun. On this past cruise the MDR opened at 8:30 on the first sea day, we could meet at 8:15 and go in together if earlier sounds better. No need to sign up, just show up!:)

Bobbi
Exciting for you!!! These MCs can be a bit addicting, can’t they :earsboy:

Sept 25 cruise is described as a Halloween Cruise! Do you think ours will have Halloween activities as well as MC ones?
I expect it might, since our 2016 MC out of NYC had some Halloween theming. That one was end of Sept, they did the trick or treating in the atrium & had some things in the shops but I don’t recall seeing much else.

I expect it might, since our 2016 MC out of NYC had some Halloween theming. That one was end of Sept, they did the trick or treating in the atrium & had some things in the shops but I don’t recall seeing much else.
Patricia was my cabin mate on that cruise, and she remembered the trick or treating, I did not remember. Patricia, my sister Nancy, Cousin Ann Marie and friend Cheryl are coming on this cruise.

Did they have the tree, first bare then decorated?

E9071B55-9AA2-4C8F-BD7F-3AABEDDFBC21.jpeg C751BC66-9C4B-466E-B586-313C2CC214F1.jpeg

Did they have the tree, first bare then decorated?
They did not have the Halloween tree at all. I wondered if it was because of the DVC displays in the lobby when we boarded plus it had just come in from the WBTA, so maybe no time? I was not sure & never asked. It sort of felt like a hybrid, part Halloween at the end when it hit October 1, but I’ve not been on a Halloween cruise so don’t track when those usually start up.

Bobbi

Wonderful Bobbi, looking forward to finally meeting you. Can't wait.

Bobbi

PS Just remembered that we got cookies from Ohio/Kentucky! We lived near Cincinnati for 23 years and never had them. Delicious iced smile face cookies!

Eeeek!!! I read your reply on the Bermuda post and came straight over here - YES!!!!!!!! Lady you are a legend! Haha I'm fan-girling on the Disboards and I don't care! Welcome aboard!!!!!:boat::banana::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter