DVC Member's Cruise - July 23, 2018 - Castway Double Dip

When will the final cutoff be made for the FE groups? We would like to join both FE groups. Last year was our first FE experience and it was great. I went with the SMALL criteria and it seems that was not totally accurate. Still, my gift this year will not be large or heavy. Tease ! I was pleased at the creativity of the gifts. This is such a fun activity that extends the fun of planning the cruise. Looking forward to this cruise.
@Teke3, did you still want to be in both groups?

Also, I know we had mentioned closing groups at 4/30, but we have had a few late additions. Would everyone be OK with cutoff at 5/15? After that, we could create a latecomers list.

Candy Exchange info!

On May 15th and through June 10, I will be asking for participants to send me a “conversation” with your stateroom number, the number of adults/children in your cabin, and if there are any allergies. As I assign you to a group, I will look at deck numbers, which should help as you distribute your goodies. If anyone wants to be in more than 1 group, that’s something else you can tell me.

So, begin to send me your information on May 15. Please title the conversation “Member Cruise Candy/Snack Exchange.”

Not sure how to "conversation" other than this....

Member Cruise Candy/Snack Exchange

Stateroom:
No allergies
I'll gladly participate in all groups

Thank you for organizing!

Last edited:
@Teke3, did you still want to be in both groups?

Also, I know we had mentioned closing groups at 4/30, but we have had a few late additions. Would everyone be OK with cutoff at 5/15? After that, we could create a latecomers list.
Hi. We would like to be in both FE general groups. Not the candy FE. I have too much going on for that. Next cruise.
Is everyone else ready for the cruise ? I am still working on my gifts. We are excited to participate in the FE. It is so many fun ! Just let me know when the final list is ready. Take.

Local Candy/Snack exchange interest, as of 5/16

Who else is interested??

Gabag
maburke
bobbiwoz
minniescout
tidefan
bluedoggy
PDZS
Lindy Stevens
intlhotdog
Gator Joe
dfwshw
LaurLaur247

Last edited:
To send me a private conversation

Click on bobbiwoz under my avatar. A link comes up to “start a conversation.” I ask for the information that way, so it’s not public.

dfwshw... I have sent you a conversation.

I'm from Japan and this is my first time posting on DIS.
I would love to join the FE for first time, but I couldn't figure out how to PM on this site! or it gp ok to write on my info here?? I'm sorry this is not the right place to write about this.
If you want to send your information privately, you will need 10 posts here. There is nothing “ wrong” with your information being out there, BUT, I will be sending the group information in a “conversation” to everyone in your group, and you have to have at least 10 posts to receive a conversation as well!

Anyone planning to book either of the DVC members cruises announced today? We have school age children so its not likely we will be booking.

Anyone planning to book either of the DVC members cruises announced today? We have school age children so its not likely we will be booking.
I teach and I am taking all of my personal days next year to run W&D 5k and 10k. So that's a no for me. Which is a bummer because one of those is over my birthday and I love both itineraries.

We would like to do the West Coast Cruise, and then do a Princess Cruise out of Vancouver. DH and I would like to see Denali and Princess has a nice cruise and land adventure that begins on May 22.

Anyone else? We are retired, so time is good for us.

If you are interested in the Local Candy/Snack Exchange, please send me a conversation with your cabin number, number of people in room, adults, children, and if there are allergies we should know about!

Thanks!

Bobbi:boat:

Unfortunately, we are in the same boat... (no pun intended...)

Last edited:
DVC Disboard FE Group is now closed

You can find the final FE listing at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xv3gpX3_MJ6cH1q5eecRYwzTo7iple3VwUdXCJzqcAY/edit?usp=sharing

One caveat. Yoshiko, I do not have your information, so if you still want to join, let me know and I will add you to Team Incredibles. Also note that once @ThreeMice have a room assignment, I will update the list accordingly.

Latecomers

For those wishing to join after today, I will start a latecomers list. For anyone already on one of the other lists and would be willing to participate in latecomers, just send me a PM (Conversation).

One last thing... it seems as though @bobbiwoz was the only one to get the whole "Team Pirates"/"Team Incredibles" reference. If some of you guys haven't sailed with DCL recently, these are in reference to the DVC Member Meeting in the D Lounge onboard most DCL cruises over the past few years (where, eventually, they try to sell more points). In this meeting, they divide half the room into "Team Pirate" and half the room into "Team Incredibles" and do a somewhat silly "Dance Party". Personally, I always have found this more fun when Jo is the MC...

Getting closer and looking forward to seeing all of you!

We would like to do the West Coast Cruise, and then do a Princess Cruise out of Vancouver. DH and I would like to see Denali and Princess has a nice cruise and land adventure that begins on May 22.

Anyone else? We are retired, so time is good for us.
Don’t know if we’ll be able to pull off either cruise with my work schedule but would love if it works. Bobbiwoz, what an amazing idea if you could tie the west coast dvc cruise with Alaska. I wholly recommend the land/sea package with Princess in Alaska if it works out. We did it a few years ago and it was fantastic. The cruise part was great but the land part of the package was unforgettable. Happy to chat about it if you’d like at some point.

DVC Disboard FE Group is now closed

You can find the final FE listing at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xv3gpX3_MJ6cH1q5eecRYwzTo7iple3VwUdXCJzqcAY/edit?usp=sharing

One caveat. Yoshiko, I do not have your information, so if you still want to join, let me know and I will add you to Team Incredibles. Also note that once @ThreeMice have a room assignment, I will update the list accordingly.

Latecomers

For those wishing to join after today, I will start a latecomers list. For anyone already on one of the other lists and would be willing to participate in latecomers, just send me a PM (Conversation).

One last thing... it seems as though @bobbiwoz was the only one to get the whole "Team Pirates"/"Team Incredibles" reference. If some of you guys haven't sailed with DCL recently, these are in reference to the DVC Member Meeting in the D Lounge onboard most DCL cruises over the past few years (where, eventually, they try to sell more points). In this meeting, they divide half the room into "Team Pirate" and half the room into "Team Incredibles" and do a somewhat silly "Dance Party". Personally, I always have found this more fun when Jo is the MC...

Getting closer and looking forward to seeing all of you!
Tidefan, thanks for organizing this (and staying on top of us when needed). I’m so looking forward to this. A member cruise is always amazing but getting to be a part of this with all of you adds another level of magic to the trip!

Don’t know if we’ll be able to pull off either cruise with my work schedule but would love if it works. Bobbiwoz, what an amazing idea if you could tie the west coast dvc cruise with Alaska. I wholly recommend the land/sea package with Princess in Alaska if it works out. We did it a few years ago and it was fantastic. The cruise part was great but the land part of the package was unforgettable. Happy to chat about it if you’d like at some point.
Thank you for the offer, would love to meet and talk to you!

Please send me a conversation stating your cabin number, the people in your cabin, and if there are allergies we should know about. I want to get it all organized and out to you by June 21.

Candy/Snack Exchange

Gabag
maburke
bobbiwoz
minniescout
tidefan
bluedoggy
PDZS
Lindy Stevens
intlhotdog
Gator Joe
dfwshw
LaurLaur247

Countdown 62 days to the cruise!!

Please send me a conversation stating your cabin number, the people in your cabin, and if there are allergies we should know about. I want to get it all organized and out to you by June 21.

Newcomers welcomed!

Candy/Snack Exchange

Gabag
maburke
bobbiwoz
minniescout
tidefan
bluedoggy
PDZS
Lindy Stevens
intlhotdog
Gator Joe
dfwshw
LaurLau

1000; gabag; Illinois; Ron; Ruth; Brianna; Brianna-Cinderella and Stitch; Ron-Star Wars; Ruth-Donald Duck and Mickey.

Want to be in Pirates and in the exchange.

Can you send me color preferences for those participating in the Fish Extender exchange in your cabin. You need ten posts to be able to be in a conversation. Just post anything!

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter