• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Member Cruise(s) & Resort Discounts

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
Have been reading posts re the "member cruise", I assume it differs from the point system in my prospectus. Is it something that's offered annually?

What (if any) on-site accommodation discounts are offered to DVC members & do they apply to "villas" or "regular" hotel rooms.

Trying to figure out where to stay that first Saturday night, already hoarding our points. :)

Thanks.

The first official DVC Member Cruise was offered in 2003 - the reservations are taken on a certain date set aside by DVC for those interested in the cruise only. There are no resort accomadations included in the points for these cruises. All I can say is that after being on the cruise in 2003 and lucky enough to be looking forward to the one coming up in Sept I won't miss a Member Party if I can help it! There's a link on the Cruise Meets forum if you're interested in what is being said about our upcoming fun

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=658835&page=1&pp=15

This should give you an idea on what we are looking forward to.

keishashadow said:
What (if any) on-site accommodation discounts are offered to DVC members & do they apply to "villas" or "regular" hotel rooms.

Trying to figure out where to stay that first Saturday night, already hoarding our points. :)

No discounts at non-DVC resorts.

At DVC resorts, members can get 25% off of the Rack Rate (tax does apply) if DVC's computers determine that the resort will not be 100% booked by members staying on points. I understand you can usually get a cash discounted room on the weekends--particularly at OKW and SSR, but it's far from a guarantee. You'll just have to call MS an see if a room has been made available, and is unbooked, at the cash discount rate.

When booking via this rate, there is NO daily housekeeping--the standard DVC schedule is used. However, if you're staying in the same resort / room class on points, you can link the cash and point reservations together to ensure that you don't have to switch rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter