DVC legal pool hopping

glvsav37

DIS Veteran
what are your fav LEGAL pool hopping pools.

Staying at BLT and will only be doing parks at night. I love BLT but their pool and contemporary pool are a bit lower on the list for me. So we are considering doing a day or 2 at another pool, just to change up the scenery, try other resort QS location s and pool bars.

What’s your fav pool to LEGALY hop to?

We don't hop. Don't do the pools really (only when my mom comes). I am not sure which allow hopping but we liked AKV pools and BWV clown pool. BRV is nice too. Never did Poly but that looks nice, the main pool. Maybe since you're staying at BLT stick with MK resorts as easier to get to. I am curious to see what pools we're allowed to hop to...hope someone posts it.

From DVC member site-

Blockout dates:
  • Friday, May 24, 2019 through Monday, May 27, 2019
  • Sunday, June 30, 2019 through Saturday, July 6, 2019
  • Friday, August 30, 2019 through Monday, September 2, 2019
  • Monday, November 25, 2019 through Saturday, November 30, 2019
  • Friday, December 20, 2019 through Thursday, January 2, 2020

Pool hopping is not available at the following pools—with no exceptions to this policy:
  • Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort – Bay Cove Pool
  • Disney's Art of Animation Resort – pools
  • Disney’s Beach Club Villas – leisure pool
  • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – pools
  • Disney's Polynesian Village Resort – The Lava Pool and leisure pool
  • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Boulder Ridge Cove Pool and The Copper Creek Springs Pool
  • Disney's Yacht Club Resort and Disney’s Beach Club Resort – Stormalong Bay

Used to be AKV pool was off limits. Guess not anymore. But now VWL 2 resorts are. And the pools at Poly. So it leaves SSR, OKW, BWV/BW, GFV, all the moderate resorts and most values (just not AoA) and AKV/AKL pools.

To answer your question then...BWV clown pool and AKV pools are my fave.

Used to be AKV pool was off limits. Guess not anymore. But now VWL 2 resorts are. And the pools at Poly. So it leaves SSR, OKW, BWV/BW, GFV, all the moderate resorts and most values (just not AoA) and AKV/AKL pools.

To answer your question then...BWV clown pool and AKV pools are my fave.
They just added GFV to the off limits list.

Yeah GF been off limits since end of January when they updated the blackout dates.

I believe WL has been off limits since the construction of CCV started.

Some of my favorites to hop to would be Boardwalk (break mid-day) or leisure pools at Beach and Yacht Resorts (not stormalong or BCV pool, those are off limits) and some of the moderates (CBR and CSR in particular I like)

We never went to GFV to actually swim in their pool. We do like to go eat at the pool bar (lobster sliders yum!!). Is this still allowed??

Do you just walk in and use the pool or show proof that you're staying at another DVC resort?

I've enjoyed hopping to BW and even to Coronado.

Yeah GF been off limits since end of January when they updated the blackout dates.

I thought dvcnews was behind the times with their article...

Do you just walk in and use the pool or show proof that you're staying at another DVC resort?

I haven't done it post-magicband (just don't have time), but we let the guard people know what we were doing, we were allowed to park, and we headed on in. We always had the DVC card.

What was recently done at the AKL pool refurbishment?
I was happy to see that a fence is now up- way too many crashers jumping in while visiting- wondering why it’s now allowed here, and not happy about it.

What’s the proper method for entering the locked gate? Do DVC members MBs automatically work at allowed pools or do you get a temp card from the front desk?

What’s the proper method for entering the locked gate? Do DVC members MBs automatically work at allowed pools or do you get a temp card from the front desk?

Well. I’ve rarely encountered a pool gate that was actually locked. Kidani’s wasn’t in February. GF’s wasn’t last year February. I think maybe bay lake’s was in 2017, maybe?

If your a DVCM and not staying at a resort can you still go to one of the pools?

Afraid not.

When staying on your Membership at any Disney Vacation Club Resort at Walt Disney World Resort or at Disney's Vero Beach Resort, you and any Guests staying with you are permitted to take advantage of complimentary alternative pool use, which provides access to...

You cant even do it if your staying in a cash Villas or Resort.

I
Well. I’ve rarely encountered a pool gate that was actually locked. Kidani’s wasn’t in February. GF’s wasn’t last year February. I think maybe bay lake’s was in 2017, maybe?

I thought I heard something about a year or so ago, that the gates were no longer going to be locked because in case of emergency , it slowed down response time. I could be wrong...anyone else know of this?

I

I thought I heard something about a year or so ago, that the gates were no longer going to be locked because in case of emergency , it slowed down response time. I could be wrong...anyone else know of this?

Both pools were at Poly in February so who knows. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yes if your staying at the resort it will unlock the gate to the pool, like it does your room.

Whoops. We had spa day at the grand. Went and ate lunch at the Dvc pool and swam. I didn’t know it was forbidden. No one paid any attention to us at all though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter