DVC laundry at Jambo?

wdw4rfam

DVC Member/AP holder
Is there free laundry for DVC at Jambo? We are staying in a studio club level.

A timely question for me too! I was just realizing last night that I have to think about the laundry room as we'll also be in a Concierge studio vs a larger villa that we often book. Had to reconfirm that the Jambo DVC laundry is on the 5th floor close to the bridge that goes across the lobby area. Described as being to the right of the bridge area. The laundry website shows 2 washers and 4 dryers:

http://classic.laundryview.com/laundry_room.php?lr=4584602

You actually have to look under the Kidani list to find the DVC Jambo laundry

Just don't make the mistake that I did and cross the bridge to take the stairs up to the 6th floor. I didn't realize it was locked from the outside :P

So AKV Jambo was our very first DVC stay (standard studio... think it was room 5555 - waaaaay out there on one of the spokes looking at the people pen). My husband and I still laugh about the loooong hike to the laundry room (and everywhere else, but not carrying 20 lbs of laundry haha!). Other studio stays have been luckily much more convenient!

So AKV Jambo was our very first DVC stay (standard studio... think it was room 5555 - waaaaay out there on one of the spokes looking at the people pen). My husband and I still laugh about the loooong hike to the laundry room (and everywhere else, but not carrying 20 lbs of laundry haha!). Other studio stays have been luckily much more convenient!

We had the exact same room in September. Usually I am terrible remembering room numbers, but it is hard to forget 5555.

Yes, very long walk to the laundry room and it felt even longer after a long day at the parks.

Can't you access that with your room "key" anymore?

As of January 2017 you could use the stairs that are tucked away 'inside' the concierge lounge as that gate opened with the MB, I also couldn't find a way to get back to the 6th floor from the regular stairs closer to the laundry, but I assumed it was 'user error' and slinked away, hoping no one saw my incompetence.

As of January 2017 you could use the stairs that are tucked away 'inside' the concierge lounge as that gate opened with the MB, I also couldn't find a way to get back to the 6th floor from the regular stairs closer to the laundry, but I assumed it was 'user error' and slinked away, hoping no one saw my incompetence.

Thanks! Those were the stairs I was thinking of. Didn't think about there being other stairs across the bridge from the laundry room.

We had the exact same room in September. Usually I am terrible remembering room numbers, but it is hard to forget 5555.

Yes, very long walk to the laundry room and it felt even longer after a long day at the parks.

Yes, that's the only room number I've ever remembered lol!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter