DVC Gold AP Adult child purchasing requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopefully

DIS Veteran
Do I remember correctly:
In order to purchase my adult DS a Gold AP he must live at the same address as us? If his spouse does not change her surname to his, but her license Address is the same as his and ours, is that OK?
TIA

I am not an expert on this, but I have purchased annual gold passes multiple times for various family members. I have never had the Disney people ask anyone where they lived, what their address was or what their relationship was to me. Perhaps other people have experienced that but I have not.

When you purchase them you do not need to say who they are for. You just call up member services and say I would like to get two, three, or four gold passes, depending on what you need. They sell you the gold pass. Then you go into the mydisneyexperience account and assign it to different people. When you show up at the front gate you need to present ID to show Who You Are. They will need to present ID to show that they are the person who it is assigned to. But again I'm not even sure if they have ever bothered to look at addresses.

I don't think the people at the ticket window at the front of the parks are in charge of enforcing the rules of DVC purchasers of gold passes. They just deal with gold passes. Gold passes can come from many sources. I'm not even sure they know that you purchased it through DVC. So I don't think it makes any difference to them.

Anytime I have activated a DVC AP, they wanted the Member Card and keyed in the number. So they know you bought it from DVC. You wouldn’t be eligible for Gold if not a Florida resident and not DVC. I haven’t bought for anyone else, so not sure how careful they are about the addresses.

I am not an expert on this, but I have purchased annual gold passes multiple times for various family members. I have never had the Disney people ask anyone where they lived, what their address was or what their relationship was to me. Perhaps other people have experienced that but I have not.

When you purchase them you do not need to say who they are for. You just call up member services and say I would like to get two, three, or four gold passes, depending on what you need. They sell you the gold pass. Then you go into the mydisneyexperience account and assign it to different people. When you show up at the front gate you need to present ID to show Who You Are. They will need to present ID to show that they are the person who it is assigned to. But again I'm not even sure if they have ever bothered to look at addresses.

I don't think the people at the ticket window at the front of the parks are in charge of enforcing the rules of DVC purchasers of gold passes. They just deal with gold passes. Gold passes can come from many sources. I'm not even sure they know that you purchased it through DVC. So I don't think it makes any difference to them.
DVC states you can buy discount APs for immediate family members living at your address ONLY. I don’t know how you have been able to do that

DVC states you can buy discount APs for immediate family members living at your address ONLY. I don’t know how you have been able to do that

I have told the DVC people that I was buying for my grand daughter, or my nephew, and they never asked where they lived.

I got the impression from them that they were fine with family. Even though it was a bit.more extended family, and they had a different last name

I assume they live with you so that is fine. But if they don't ....

We do have a large house, 7 bedrooms, and ALL of my adult children and ALL of their families have lived with us at various times. I have 2 of them living at home right now. But I didn't want any.problems for any of them, so all my adult children are now on two of our direct purchases. They are now members themselves, so they can take care of their families, even if they now have their own homes.

I have told the DVC people that I was buying for my grand daughter, or my nephew, and they never asked where they lived.

If they were minors, they might have been easy b/c of that.

Even before the Gold AP we had to get special permission for me and my son to get our DVC APs. I was the associate, not an actual member, and my then-husband was injured and didn't join us that day in the parks. In order for us to pick them up we had to get permission. Neither he nor I had changed our last names, and our son is hyphenated. But we got permission and it was fine. But we were totally bonafide; we just didn't have him with us at the time.

I got the impression from them that they were fine with family. Even though it was a bit.more extended family, and they had a different last name
I had a long "Chat" with a DVC CM yesterday.
They reiterated the eligibility clearly and twice.
The person you are purchasing the DVC Gold AP for MUST be an immediate family member AND they must live at the same address as you do at the time of activation. Names don't matter in this day and age. The AP is activated at Guest Services. I will need to be there and show my Membership Card and a Government Issued photo ID with my current address. The others will also have to show a Government issued Photo ID with their current address listed as the same address as on my ID.
I agree with @bumbershoot If they were minors it might have been different. I asked about my adult son.

Has anyone else had a different experience, like Frederic?

It was also our understanding that the address needed to match. I do think it is more complicated when dealing with a minor as I don't think ID is required for a minor activating a pass.

My adult daughter, living with us, recently activated her DVC gold pass without us present, but I called member services who transferred me to ticketing prior and got detailed information on how it had to be done. I provided the will call number and her name. They provided a magic file number which she had to present with a copy of my membership card, the will call number, and her drivers license. She and I both were told the magic file number was the key to doing it without me present.

The reason I was asking for clear specifics of DVC was because DS's spouse will have a "sticker" affixed to her license with her new address until she renews an expiring license. That is valid here at home. But DVC told me they would not accept the sticker as proof, unless accompanied by a utility bill in her name and my address, or a bank statement etc.
She will be living with us but not paying my bills :-) I was just trying to avoid the bother and expense of a business hour trip to the DMV for her

My husband is not on my DVC (purchased before we were married). I did not change my last name. When we buy him an AP, all he needs to present to them is his driver's license which of course has the same address as mine. I need to show my DVC card and license as well.

The reason I was asking for clear specifics of DVC was because DS's spouse will have a "sticker" affixed to her license with her new address until she renews an expiring license. That is valid here at home. But DVC told me they would not accept the sticker as proof, unless accompanied by a utility bill in her name and my address, or a bank statement etc.
She will be living with us but not paying my bills :-) I was just trying to avoid the bother and expense of a business hour trip to the DMV for her

Bank statement seems like a reasonable solution....?

Your adult children will need to show your dvc member card and a valid ID with your address on it. When you activate a dvc annual pass, the cast member physically enters your member number into their system. I assume it them shows your official address, and they check that other ID’s match your address.

My adult son has activated a gold dvc annual pass without me being there. He took a pic of my dvc blue member card and my drivers license with his phone. He has to show both to the cast member at guest services to activate his annual pass. He had no issues.

To follow up on my own question.
I called today to purchase 4 DVC Gold AP’s. The DVC CM clearly outlined the eligibility criteria- immediate family living here in my home. We will go to Will Call and we each must show a Government Issued Photo ID with an address that matches mine. I need to show my DVC Member ID as well. The CM stated clearly that if this criteria was unable to be met, the difference between the DVC Gold AP and a full AP will be charged - a huge difference.
@Frederic Civish iam not sure how you didn’t know these requirements. I didn’t ask, She listed them before selling me the AP’s.
I asked my address Adress Change sticker question. I was transferred 4 times and on hold a long time in total. Finally a Ticketing Supervisor stated that if the sticker was Government Issued, which it is, they “ would have to honor it”.
Thanks for everyone’s help.

My adult son has activated a gold dvc annual pass without me being there. He took a pic of my dvc blue member card and my drivers license with his phone. He has to show both to the cast member at guest services to activate his annual pass. He had no issues.

This is an excellent tip, because it might be convenient to send someone to Disney World without needing to go yourself.

Every time I have bought a new AP or renewed an existing AP, I have been required to stop and get the actiual AP's activated at a ticket booth or guest services at a park when first used, and show my DVC member card and the ID's showing address of all adults in my party getting AP's to show they are from the same address. That an adult living with you does not have the same last name as the member is never an issue (at least it never has been for me and I have that issue)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter