DVC Gold Annual Pass question

Thanks. I’ll be there tomorrow and was hoping I’d be able to do this in person!
Just make sure you’re within the renewal period. Ours expires 1/19/21, so we were still within the renewal window. Always good to stop by and ask - either way. Enjoy your day at the park!! 😄

Just make sure you’re within the renewal period. Ours expires 1/19/21, so we were still within the renewal window. Always good to stop by and ask - either way. Enjoy your day at the park!! 😄

My window just opened. With the extension the pass will expire March 2nd but also have trips planned for fall and they also allow early renewal for that too!

I called today to renew my gold passes. Other than the extended hold music, it was painless.

My window just opened. With the extension the pass will expire March 2nd but also have trips planned for fall and they also allow early renewal for that too!
Awesome!! You should be set, then... and no boring music and waiting on hold for 45 mins. 😆

Our Gold APs originally expired mid-October 2020 as well but were extended initially to February via the 117-day park closure extension and then to mid
March as a result of the additional 30 days they gave AP holders. Did y’all not get the second extension?
After checking the MDE app, our APs do not expire until March 2, 2021 - so we did get the 2nd extension.

We went to MK Guest Relations on Sunday and they confirmed that our Gold passes are now valid through 03/02/2022. They gave us new passes with that end date - which now also shows in our MDE app.

Great that you were able to renew- only those that had passes (*not cancelled) were able to renew is my understanding. Maybe your situation was different... During your original Oct 2019 to Jan 2021 valid dates, you did not enter parks at all? You paid to renew a renewal certificate that wasn't used a single time?
We did use the AP in January, 2020. Our passes were not canceled and we were also able to use them this week. We are staying offsite this trip and were only allowed to make three park reservations.

After arriving at MK on Sunday, we went to Guest Relations to pick up our new AP renewal passes and they also added another park reservation for us since we had already arrived at our first reserved park.

Park hopping is also allowed now after 2pm each day providing you have already used a park reservation the same day.

Crowds have been very manageable with excellent compliance with both masks and distancing.

We did use the AP in January, 2020. Our passes were not canceled and we were also able to use them this week. We are staying offsite this trip and were only allowed to make three park reservations.

After arriving at MK on Sunday, we went to Guest Relations to pick up our new AP renewal passes and they also added another park reservation for us since we had already arrived at our first reserved park.

Park hopping is also allowed now after 2pm each day providing you have already used a park reservation the same day.

Crowds have been very manageable with excellent compliance with both masks and distancing.
Fantastic @WebmasterDoc! I can't wait to get back. April w. a refreshed 12 months of AP is the plan- fingers crossed. I'll report back once we get this squared away. Hopefully no surprises!

So this has been a fluid answer for me from Passholder VIP line since the shut down. I renewed in Jan 2020 for family of 4 (downgraded from platinum prior year to gold) but have since not been activated... paid in full as DVC did not have monthly option. The latest that was shared with me is that typically... a DVC gold Renewal Certificate will say exp Dec 2031 until activated but technically retroactively expires at anniversary... However, I'm sitting on a "willy wonka" certificate (VIP Passholder Cast Member's words)- If it's a renewal certificate... and not activated during pandemic... then Disney will honor a new 12 mo. period start from the first time you activate. If the pass rates go up in the interim (even though they are not actively selling)- you will just have to pay the difference if any. I'll take that answer as it's the best scenario for anyone still sitting on an unactivated gold renewal certificate.

I'm new to DVC and now in a situation where I will need to "renew" into a DVC gold pass as my premier pass is sunsetting 3/31, I just need to call DVC MS to order my pass? And if I'm understanding you correctly, if the renewal certificate stays inactivated, it will be good for 12 months after activation? Or was that because you had the renewal when the parks were closed? Also would you be allowed to make park reservations with an inactivated pass? If not, can one activate a pass if not at a parks? Just trying to figure out what I need to do that would make the most sense. I have a trip planned for June and my original pass was set to expire 7/2.. but the news this week changed it to 3/31 so I will need a new pass. Ideally getting a full 12 months from June would be great but if I couldn't get park reservations for that trip then that doesn't make sense either. And can I purchase the DVC gold pass onsite at guest services or does it need to be through DVC phone call?

I'm new to DVC and now in a situation where I will need to "renew" into a DVC gold pass as my premier pass is sunsetting 3/31, I just need to call DVC MS to order my pass? And if I'm understanding you correctly, if the renewal certificate stays inactivated, it will be good for 12 months after activation? Or was that because you had the renewal when the parks were closed? Also would you be allowed to make park reservations with an inactivated pass? If not, can one activate a pass if not at a parks? Just trying to figure out what I need to do that would make the most sense. I have a trip planned for June and my original pass was set to expire 7/2.. but the news this week changed it to 3/31 so I will need a new pass. Ideally getting a full 12 months from June would be great but if I couldn't get park reservations for that trip then that doesn't make sense either. And can I purchase the DVC gold pass onsite at guest services or does it need to be through DVC phone call?

The renewal certificate can be used to make park reservations. You should be able to renew the current pass that is going away for the DVC one, but the start date will be when the current one would have ended, so I believe that it should be good for 12 months...the question is whether it will be end of March or when you activate in June,

I have read the people in your situation are going to be done differently than others, Best to contact DVC first and then ticketing if they can’t help!

I'm new to DVC and now in a situation where I will need to "renew" into a DVC gold pass as my premier pass is sunsetting 3/31, I just need to call DVC MS to order my pass?

If you have a current pass (at least a WDW AP)- the procedure to renew (providing current- even if unactivated) is to call DVC member Svs. I would imagine that they would care for Premier too. I'm sorry this happened to you w. DL. I assume you did not purchase your premier pass direct with DVC- not even sure that was an option. You definitely have a unique case.

And if I'm understanding you correctly, if the renewal certificate stays inactivated, it will be good for 12 months after activation? Or was that because you had the renewal when the parks were closed?

I can speak for my case- I am sitting on a Gold DVC Renewal Certificate - It was renewed in Jan 2020 and never activated. What was shared with me by Member Svs as of last week is that I can hold onto that renewal certificate- even though original anniversary came and went, the value of my AP will be applied to a new 12 month period upon park re-entry date. At this time, there is no price differential, but I was afforded the caveat of having to pay the difference in price if there is a price hike. A new 12 month period will start effective date of park re-entry. This might not be until July 2021- so my new AP will be July 2021-July 2022.

Also would you be allowed to make park reservations with an inactivated pass? If not, can one activate a pass if not at a parks?
You can only activate upon physical park entry. Good news- YES! As long as you have either an activated AP or Renewal Certificate- you can make park reservations! Just be mindful of the AP max reservation rules, but if you have a resort reservation- DVC or cash, you are golden.

Just trying to figure out what I need to do that would make the most sense. I have a trip planned for June and my original pass was set to expire 7/2.. but the news this week changed it to 3/31 so I will need a new pass. Ideally getting a full 12 months from June would be great but if I couldn't get park reservations for that trip then that doesn't make sense either. And can I purchase the DVC gold pass onsite at guest services or does it need to be through DVC phone call?
Though you can do all of this in person- you're still going to need to get park reservations. I would call Member Services. Don't quote me on this but I believe you are due a refund on the premier pass- perhaps you can apply that value to a new DVC AP (Gold.. or platinum if avail)- and - it will sit as a renewal certificate until you enter. So... your June trip will start a new 12 months. This is all assuming you can apply the credit to the Premier pass sunset.

Good luck w. Member Svs! Alternatively- you can call AP VIP Passholder line (but I have been dealing with more general Cast member that talk to AP VIP via IM chat behind the scenes)

I'm new to DVC and now in a situation where I will need to "renew" into a DVC gold pass as my premier pass is sunsetting 3/31, I just need to call DVC MS to order my pass?

If you have a current pass (at least a WDW AP)- the procedure to renew (providing current- even if unactivated) is to call DVC member Svs. I would imagine that they would care for Premier too. I'm sorry this happened to you w. DL. I assume you did not purchase your premier pass direct with DVC- not even sure that was an option. You definitely have a unique case.

And if I'm understanding you correctly, if the renewal certificate stays inactivated, it will be good for 12 months after activation? Or was that because you had the renewal when the parks were closed?

I can speak for my case- I am sitting on a Gold DVC Renewal Certificate - It was renewed in Jan 2020 and never activated. What was shared with me by Member Svs as of last week is that I can hold onto that renewal certificate- even though original anniversary came and went, the value of my AP will be applied to a new 12 month period upon park re-entry date. At this time, there is no price differential, but I was afforded the caveat of having to pay the difference in price if there is a price hike. A new 12 month period will start effective date of park re-entry. This might not be until July 2021- so my new AP will be July 2021-July 2022.

Also would you be allowed to make park reservations with an inactivated pass? If not, can one activate a pass if not at a parks?
You can only activate upon physical park entry. Good news- YES! As long as you have either an activated AP or Renewal Certificate- you can make park reservations! Just be mindful of the AP max reservation rules, but if you have a resort reservation- DVC or cash, you are golden.

Just trying to figure out what I need to do that would make the most sense. I have a trip planned for June and my original pass was set to expire 7/2.. but the news this week changed it to 3/31 so I will need a new pass. Ideally getting a full 12 months from June would be great but if I couldn't get park reservations for that trip then that doesn't make sense either. And can I purchase the DVC gold pass onsite at guest services or does it need to be through DVC phone call?
Though you can do all of this in person- you're still going to need to get park reservations. I would call Member Services. Don't quote me on this but I believe you are due a refund on the premier pass- perhaps you can apply that value to a new DVC AP (Gold.. or platinum if avail)- and - it will sit as a renewal certificate until you enter. So... your June trip will start a new 12 months. This is all assuming you can apply the credit to the Premier pass sunset.

Good luck w. Member Svs! Alternatively- you can call AP VIP Passholder line (but I have been dealing with more general Cast member that talk to AP VIP via IM chat behind the scenes)

Thanks for being so helpful and thorough. I know I will be getting the bulk of my premier pass refund back as I only used 45 days before the shutdown at Disneyland. I think I’ll will deal with this in person when I go end of Feb as I hear membership service wait time is insane right now. At least now I know what I need to do and not worry about making park reservations. Thanks again!

Why does Disney have to make it so darned difficult to renew the AP? I was on hold for nearly 50 minutes and when a person picked up, they must have accidentally disconnected me immediately. Now having to start all over again. Why can the Platinum option be renewed online but not the Gold?

Why does Disney have to make it so darned difficult to renew the AP? I was on hold for nearly 50 minutes and when a person picked up, they must have accidentally disconnected me immediately. Now having to start all over again. Why can the Platinum option be renewed online but not the Gold?

I think it is because gold is not available to everyone, only FL residents and qualified DVC. The Platinum one is the same for everyone

So sorry you have to wait this long. I ended up doing at the park but was fortunate had a trip planned prior to expiration.

I think it is because gold is not available to everyone, only FL residents and qualified DVC. The Platinum one is the same for everyone

So sorry you have to wait this long. I ended up doing at the park but was fortunate had a trip planned prior to expiration.
You still have to call anyway even for platinum because the online renewal charges full price, not the DVC price.

You still have to call anyway even for platinum because the online renewal charges full price, not the DVC price.
^^ THIS ^^

Only Tourist (non-discounted) Passes and FL Resident Passes can be renewed online. DVC members must call MS to renew at DVC pricing.

I didn’t realize that. The post I responded to made it seem like it was DVC renewal..I only bought that pass when I paid gold price,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter