DVC at the Grand Californian

Try to call the hotel front desk 1 week before and ask for specific room numbers. They will never guarantee but the last few times we got 6500 (2 bedroom) & 6502 (1 bedroom Thanksgiving week & we checked in at 6 pm)......

After trying with 2 different companies to find a DVC studio at GC in early October, I can't find a thing. For future reference, is there a certain number of months out that you can rent pts there?

Last year I put a request in with DVC Rental Store for our trip last year for early Sept and got it fulfilled in 3 days. This year I put a request in with them again for early November this time...it's been a month and a half so far with no luck. I'm gonna give it another week or so and then go with my Plan B...

So you're not the only one not having any luck with DVC rentals right now...

We rented points for a 1 bedroom in August and I lined up a member who was willing to rent quite a while before the 11 month date. He was extremely helpful and was online first thing on the earliest day he could book and managed to get what we wanted.

We rented points for a 1 bedroom in August and I lined up a member who was willing to rent quite a while before the 11 month date. He was extremely helpful and was online first thing on the earliest day he could book and managed to get what we wanted.

Aladora,

Would your "hookup" be interested in renting again for someone looking to do a November trip? Long shot but thought I'd ask :)

Last year I put a request in with DVC Rental Store for our trip last year for early Sept and got it fulfilled in 3 days. This year I put a request in with them again for early November this time...it's been a month and a half so far with no luck. I'm gonna give it another week or so and then go with my Plan B...

So you're not the only one not having any luck with DVC rentals right now...

Aladora,

Would your "hookup" be interested in renting again for someone looking to do a November trip? Long shot but thought I'd ask :)

Let me find his name and I will send you a pm! I’m in Mexico until late tomorrow but will get it for you Wednesday.

I know someone who has a couple guaranteed reservations in November they might be willing to rent. Send me a PM and I will give you details.

Let me find his name and I will send you a pm! I’m in Mexico until late tomorrow but will get it for you Wednesday.

I know someone who has a couple guaranteed reservations in November they might be willing to rent. Send me a PM and I will give you details.

Awesome! I love this forum! So many awesome people willing to help others!

Awesome! I love this forum! So many awesome people willing to help others!
I'll be putting points up for rent with a broker this week for VGC, on a contract I just purchased. So you may not be lost on that front either. So looks like something should work out.

I'll be putting points up for rent with a broker this week for VGC, on a contract I just purchased. So you may not be lost on that front either. So looks like something should work out.

Would you mind PM'ing me with which broker you are using? So if it's the one I have a request with I can ask them to keep an eye out?

Would you mind PM'ing me with which broker you are using? So if it's the one I have a request with I can ask them to keep an eye out?
What I always did too for staying at DLR was book a cash room backup at PP and cancel (since I could really late) if I didn't get a room at VGC. Just a thought if you didn't have a backup. It is a bit further than some of the off-site hotels but I did value the EMH at DCA that it afforded me and runs a similar price as renting VGC.

What I always did too for staying at DLR was book a cash room backup at PP and cancel (since I could really late) if I didn't get a room at VGC. Just a thought if you didn't have a backup. It is a bit further than some of the off-site hotels but I did value the EMH at DCA that it afforded me and runs a similar price as renting VGC.

Good idea! Thansk for the tip! And I got your PM...thank you!

Try to call the hotel front desk 1 week before and ask for specific room numbers. They will never guarantee but the last few times we got 6500 (2 bedroom) & 6502 (1 bedroom Thanksgiving week & we checked in at 6 pm)......

@boscoj Do you have the phone number for the front desk?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter