DVC AP's Expire Mid-Trip, Want to Renew to do FP

CarlyMur09

Mouseketeer
Hi, all

I feel as if I've seen this thread come up, but I'm not finding it for some reason.

Our family of 5 (DSis and I are owners, parents and DB are family that we live with under one house) all have the DVC Platinum Plus Pass that we purchased and activated when they were running the promotion last year. These are set to expire Dec 3, according to MDE (though oddly enough I think it was at Dec 2 a few weeks ago, and we activated them Dec 1, 2018, i believe.)

We have a trip planned Nov 29 - Dec 4, but Nov 30-Dec 4 are our park days, and we were looking at renewing to the DVC gold pass. At this time, I believe we can only do fast passes through Dec 3, this coming Sunday, correct?

Initially we had planned to purchase park tickets then apply those tickets to the renewal of our passes, but I read (on here somewhere) that it's difficult to do so. Is it at all possible to pull back the renewal date, since we're technically going to be at 64 days instead of the 60 days, and do we go through MS for this? Should we go ahead and buy the tickets, and try to apply them to renewals down at the parks instead?

Thank you!

If you are not sure of the date you AP expire, check on you MDE account, look under my ticket, the expiration date will show.

Call MS and explain your situation. They can (or they can have ticketing) override the system and allow you to purchase an AP renewal outside of the normal renewal window.

Call MS and explain your situation. They can (or they can have ticketing) override the system and allow you to purchase an AP renewal outside of the normal renewal window.

Ok, thank you. Will this be able to be done in a day, or should we be leaving ourselves some more time? (As in, should we be calling tonight or can we call tomorrow/Saturday?)

Ok, thank you. Will this be able to be done in a day, or should we be leaving ourselves some more time? (As in, should we be calling tonight or can we call tomorrow/Saturday?)
It can be done while you are on the phone. What I don't know is if MS can do it themselves, or do they need to call over to ticketing to make it happen. Either way, it shouldn't take them very long to do it.

I ran into this problem a couple of weeks ago. I talked with guest relations because I was at Disney, but you can probably do the same with MS over the phone. The window for fast passes and AP renewal are the same - 60 days before. I simply asked Guest Relations to renew my AP a day before the window actually opened and they were more than happy to do it. I hope they'll do the same for you. Good Luck!

PS: No problem making FP's the next day

I've never tried it, but I've read that if an AP expires during your trip, the system will automatically assume you're going to renew and let you book FP+ for the whole stay.

I have the same situation down to the AP expiration date changing. I'm wondering what you wound up doing since your now past your 60 day fp window.

I have the same situation down to the AP expiration date changing. I'm wondering what you wound up doing since your now past your 60 day fp window.

Unfortunately. They couldn’t pull back the date far enough. (I think it would have been at 64 or 65 days out that we were booking FP before the expiration.) we just bought 2 day passes and will apply them to a Gold pass a few days before the platinum plus pass expires.

Member services and the Passholder line both assured us this could be done.

I've never tried it, but I've read that if an AP expires during your trip, the system will automatically assume you're going to renew and let you book FP+ for the whole stay.

This is what happened to my regular AP. Went down Oct 10-15 and pass expired on 12th. No issue booking the FP for entire trip at the start. Also going back for Wine & Dine and those FP were booked before I renewed my pass too.

Unfortunately. They couldn’t pull back the date far enough. (I think it would have been at 64 or 65 days out that we were booking FP before the expiration.) we just bought 2 day passes and will apply them to a Gold pass a few days before the platinum plus pass expires.

Member services and the Passholder line both assured us this could be done.
Thanks for sharing. We decided to wait and see. We were able to book fast pass the day after our pass expired but not 2 days after.

This is what happened to my regular AP. Went down Oct 10-15 and pass expired on 12th. No issue booking the FP for entire trip at the start. Also going back for Wine & Dine and those FP were booked before I renewed my pass too.
It only let us do the day after. Not sure why?

I’m stuck in this situation too. My FP window starts 2 days before I can renew my AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter