• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dumb question about the boarwalk bakery

Skylarr29

DIS Veteran
How is the bakery set up inside so I can see all the items. I have heard that there can be long lines and I am a little worried about holding the commandos up lol. Is everything easy to read and see so I know what I want to order. Thanks in advance.

No worries. There can be a line at certain times. It is a small place with a smallish display counter. If there is a line, you can still walk up and look over and around people to get an idea of what you might want. The commandos will just have to wait like the rest of us, LOL! :eek:

The bakery has long lines in the mornings. Why not check it out in the evening to get an idea of what you want when you do go there to order something.

It is really a tiny place. I figure that about 4 people could stand side by side in there!!! But, the display case is wide open, and I never had a problem with people rushing my to make a choice. Usually if someone knows what they want, we just tell them to go ahead of us!!! But it sure is a yummy place.

You can also get great sandwiches for lunch...about $6...pretty reasonable to me, and they are good! We get one on the way to MGM or Epcot.

Thanks so much. I like being prepared lol::yes:: and thats a great idea about letting someone go ahead if they are ready. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!

hate to burst your bubble but we went after illuminations and felt very rushed, a very long pushy line behind us so we just got the crumb cake someone on here had recommended (btw it is fantastic and big enough for us 2 to have 2 snack/breakfasts from). the mob was complianing/rude, the servers were crabby and the place was out of a lot ( the people in front of us got the last of a few items) so maybe don't plan on letting people go before you if you go at that time and put in ear plugs so youdon't have to listen to them gripe at you:rolleyes: ... but you could check out the menu then and go another time if you do not see what looks good to you

HAHA HA I will remember my earplugs!!!! I love that. Thanks for the warning.. Who knew it was gonna be so "hard" to pick up a "quick" breakfast from the bakery. Do you think I should go when they open at 6:30 instead of the night before??? Any opinions pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee.:teeth:

Jann, I would chalk that up to everyone's being hot/cranky/tired after a long day in the parks!!! We did see some pretty long lines in the Bakery after Epcot closed. We just avoided it at those times. If there were people out the door, we didn't go in. And the way some of the folks treated the CMs, I don't blame them for being testy. There was one lady when we were there that was complaining about there not being any 'health food' type goodies. She actually said..."Well, what do you expect healthy people to eat in here? It's all very unhealty." Then she stomped out. WE all just laughed.

Originally posted by goofy4tink
. . .There was one lady when we were there that was complaining about there not being any 'health food' type goodies. She actually said..."Well, what do you expect healthy people to eat in here? It's all very unhealty." Then she stomped out. WE all just laughed.

OMG! The nerve of some :crazy: people! It's a BAKERY for crying out loud! lol That is too funny!

Originally posted by goofy4tink
. She actually said..."Well, what do you expect healthy people to eat in here? It's all very unhealty."

maybe she was looking for spinach flavored Krispy Kremes?:rolleyes: what would she do at france???

We own at BWV, so the bakery is breakfast most days. My DH will go down and get breakfast and bring it back to the room while I get ready (I always take longer :)

He never has a problem with the line. There is not a huge selection, so it shouldn't take that long to decide. But in our experience people are happy to go around you while you decide.

As for those who experienced the rude, complaining crowd, I would agree that after Illuminations everyone is tired. Just ignore them and don't feel pressured...it is their problem. You're not holding them up if you let the person go in front of you.

It is YUMMY!

If you are there when they open, there usually isn't much of a line. There is a line by 7:30 or 8:00, when "the rest of the people" wake up and decide it sounds good for breakfast.

Originally posted by jx3smom
The bakery has long lines in the mornings. Why not check it out in the evening to get an idea of what you want when you do go there to order something.

Great idea! There's harldy ever a line between about 7:00 and 9:00pm. We sometimes grab a treat from there and a latte from the cart on the Boardwalk before heading to our villa for the night.

Anne

The boardwalk bakery is a good place to go to in the morning,don't let a line out of the door discourage you from going. We just love the bakery and breakfast sandwiches they offer. With your 1st. look you'll find something right away,while they get your order give it another look for your next time, you will go back,you know that for sure. If you have time sit at one of the tables and enjoy the view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter