Dropping off at Contemporary instead of TTC

disneylover102

DIS Veteran
To save time, are you allowed to have your Uber driver drop you off at the contemporary and you can walk to the park from there? How far into the contemporary parking lot would they have to go and how much time would you save?

Yes they can drop you off at the Contemporary instead of TTC.

It will take 6- 8 minutes to walk to Magic Kingdom from there and there is a Security Check station right there on the walkway you will use.:)

If it’s just a drop off, don’t see why they couldn’t make a left after the gate and drop you off in the self park right by the walkway by path. You’re only saving 2 minutes but why go further than you need? Frankly if there was a safe place to pull over you don’t even need to enter contemporary grounds. The path to the park is right to your left as you’re making the right into the resort. Just not sure if there’s any safe place to drop passengers without entering resort lot.

If it’s just a drop off, don’t see why they couldn’t make a left after the gate and drop you off in the self park right by the walkway by path. You’re only saving 2 minutes but why go further than you need? Frankly if there was a safe place to pull over you don’t even need to enter contemporary grounds. The path to the park is right to your left as you’re making the right into the resort. Just not sure if there’s any safe place to drop passengers without entering resort lot.
There aren't any! You need to be dropped off within the resorts. I hope that cabs/Uber wouldn't just stop on the street to drop someone off. If the driver were to stop and drop off right at that pedestrian crosswalk, there would be an issue. Please, have the driver drop off at the resort. I'm sure that the driver can take a left after the guard shack and go into BLT's parking area, and drop you off there, close to the sidewalk to MK.

If we're doing Uber at Disney, which is often, we always get dropped off at Contemporary rather than TTC. It's so much more convenient rather than taking the ferry or monorail. The walk is about 5 minutes, depending on how quickly you walk. With the new security procedures, there is also a security check halfway down the walkway too. It's also a really pretty walk. You can even have your Uber drive drop you off a little closer to the tower to keep the walk a bit shorter.

Just as an FYI, the security guard at the Contemporary may not allow your driver into the resort to drop you off unless you have a dining or room reservation. Yes some will allow it, but others may not.

Just as an FYI, the security guard at the Contemporary may not allow your driver into the resort to drop you off unless you have a dining or room reservation. Yes some will allow it, but others may not.
How does the security work there? Do you absolutely have to go past the security to use the walkway? What about late at night when MK is still open(11 or so)?

To save time, are you allowed to have your Uber driver drop you off at the contemporary and you can walk to the park from there? How far into the contemporary parking lot would they have to go and how much time would you save?
Beware that at the busiest days of the year WDW blocks this little workaround. :rolleyes1

How busy would it have to be? During the school year, would it be blocked off?
I don't know every time they do it, but I remembered seeing it the week of the 4th of July a few years ago. (And it wasn't even the 4th itself.) There were big signs on the main WDW road warning people not to try to drive to the Contemporary if they weren't guests.

I've never heard of that happening with a taxi/uber/lyft. Did you have a problem with it?

True! I'll also tell them I have an ADR or we're meeting someone there for dinner.

For parking yes but they don't refuse a drop off only
Agree Angi. I think some posters are confusing the stop at security for resort access if you are going to park there as opposed to just being dropped off at the resort.

As soon as the drivers tell the guard they are dropping off he doesn't ask more. Even on NYE at CR and at BWI. Both times he waved our driver right on in. We were checking in so it wouldn't have mattered if he did ask but he didn't. The drivers are used to telling them they are dropping off so that's all the driver did. No one ever knew we were checking in

Last edited:
Oh, one other idea, in case it's a rainy day or really hot or you just don't want to walk, you could drop at the GF and the monorail ride is 1 stop. While TTC is also 1 monorail stop it seems like an easier security process than at TTC to me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!