• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Driving south from Michigan, I77 or I75 to Disney?

kdigs

Earning My Ears
Hi folks, I have a dilemma and need advice. We are driving to WDW starting tonight after the wife gets out of work and I'm still trying to decide if I should take I77 or I75. Have any of you driven either of them lately from this area? They both have their advantages and disadvantages but I just do not want to get stuck in traffic, which has happened the last two times I've driven 75 (once in Atlanta and another in Tennessee when half the south bound lane collapsed). I have driven 77 north bound when I traveled back home from Key West (via 95) and enjoyed it but I was alone and able to cruise and not stop, however this trip I'll have the 6 month pregnant wife and our 12 year old daughter, so I wont be able to just blast through everything. Anyway, any advice is appreciated.:worship:

Having lived in Michigan for almost 40 years and lived in Miami for 3 years I have driven I75 more times than I can remember. It has always been a smooth drive for me and more direct to WDW. At the time you are leaving you should be through Atlanta inbetween rush hour traffic. Depending on timeing you should be able to head straight through and not around which will save you some time.

Kevin

From KY, so I can't help you North of us, but I say I75.

In western ky, the quickest route is I65 to I24 to I75. We can catch I75 in KY, but that is a 3 hour drive east of where I live, so not real convenient. Before dds in school, I had a meeting or something and we closer to I75. We were able to take I75 all the way there, and it was so much better.

I 75 headed south - I just love that sign, I am a homegrown Florida girl living in Atlanta GA. I love it here, but the sand , surf and the home of Mouse are in my veins. :thumbsup2

On your way if you come down 85 there are alot of nice spots to stop and take a break, exit 115 - is the Mall of Georgia, and every chain food place you can think of is right here, also, Hampton inn and Hilton Garden inn. If you go past the mall there are some different food offering, The Georgia welcome center is really nice.
Stop in Tifton Ga, exit 62 or 63 there is a cracker barrel, chick filet, starbucks and my fav stop to stop is Adcock pecans, they have everything, jelly, salsa, dressing, syrup, candies, and of course peanuts and pecans. Everything is made by local farmers, and growers. The best part is items are seasonal, so it changes each visit. DH and I always stop on they way down to FL. to pick up items for my family and "treats" for the room at WDW, then stop again on the way home for items for our family. We freeze pecans, and they have pecan meal ( sorta like flour we use for chicken, fish, pork chops really adds something to the overall flavor... oops sorry I got off the topic:rotfl:) Everything is at afair price.

Have a fun time and congrats on the new one on the way.

I would suggest taking I-75 all the way. If you take 77 you take the risk of the mountains slowing you down more. Watch your timing for Atlanta and you should be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter