Drive from Oak Plantation to WDW

smarro

Earning My Ears
Has anyone stayed at Oak Plantation? How far is the drive to Disney? I just booked a great rate of $52.50 for a one bedroom in March. I will keep watching to see what deals come up, but I feel better I have something booked and I can cancel until the end of Feb. I would love any information if any has it.

We have stayed here twice. It is about 2 blocks off of 192 -- Hoagland is the name of the side street that the property is located off of. It is about 1 mile south of the Superwalmart located on 192. It is a very decent area. Gated. 2 well heated pools and a good children's water spray area. Once you turn north onto 192, you go about 2 1/2 miles, when you come to 536 or 535-- I always confuse the 2. take a right. Go about 2 more miles and you come to 535 or 536, hand a left and you will be on Disney property in about 1 1/2 miles coming in at the area near the Downtown Disney area, Epcot resorts, and OKW/PO areas.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom here twice. Please be advised that they have 2 sizes of 1 bedrooms, 1 is much larger than the other. We would not have known this but we stayed in the bigger unit our first time and when we arrived the second time they assigned a smaller one to us...went back to the front desk and they put us in a bigger unit with just a bit of fuss.

I will check back if you have anymore questions. We are DVC owners so if this place was bad or anything I would be more than glad to say so...it wasn't. We where there last in December 99 for 1 week. Other visit was September 99, also for a week.

Thanks for the info. I am glad you had a nice time there. We are on a budget and DH isn't a hotel room kind of guy. I know he will feel crowded and uncomfortable in too big of a hotel and the kids and I wanted a pool (the washer and dryer is a plus for me too.) I think DH will be much happier with a fridge and seperate bedroom. We usually go camping on our vacations, but I refuse to camp and do Disney at the same time. For the price, the only drawback I can see to Oak Plantation for us is that it is a little further out. We live in the country though, and it is 8 miles to go for milk or to the bank, so I really don't think it will seem like much of a drive to us. We went to Disney on our honeymoon 10 years ago. It has been our dream ever since to go back when we had kids. Well the kids are here, and they aren't getting any younger (4 and 7). We plan to go again in three or four years, but we really wanted to go now and do all the little kid stufff with them. Call us selfish. Anyway, thanks again for the info sounds as though we should be pleased. I will write the directions down and take them with us. I was also glad to know Walmart was nearby. I will have to scope out my local Walmart for easy meals etc. Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter