Dreams Unlimited Travel Podcast: Adults Traveling to Walt Disney World Without Kids | 03/11/19

Thanks for sharing @WebmasterJackie ... always good to hear tips and they often bring up things I don’t think of (like impact to packing, etc)

We have our first “parents only” trip coming up this August (kids are going to Camp Nana and Grandpa) so enjoyed this one and gave me a few things to think about

Thanks for sharing @WebmasterJackie ... always good to hear tips and they often bring up things I don’t think of (like impact to packing, etc)

We have our first “parents only” trip coming up this August (kids are going to Camp Nana and Grandpa) so enjoyed this one and gave me a few things to think about
Oooooo!!! I'm so excited for you guys!! You're going to have the best time!! :goodvibes

I thought this was an especially interesting show! I generally go in August with my mother and sister, and even though her and I are 29 and 25, my mother has pointed out how a huge pro of visiting WDW is that we can be out late without her thinking twice about our safety. Or that her or my sister could go back to a hotel room alone without worrying about safety (obviously you still use common sense and things).

I have no children and none of my friends do, and I always tell people WDW has done such an excellent job in recent years working to cater strictly to adult-only parties. We especially see this with the rise of Disney Springs and places like Pandora. I live in SE PA where WDW vacations are huge and a lot of people put them off until they have kids or go with family members with kids, and I try to emphasize how much there is to do for just adults.

Great show, this Aug is our first adults trip, so looking forward to it!!!

We have been doing adult only trips since August 2016 and the tips were right on. Take advantage of the time to do things that the kids (or grand kids in our case) could not handle. We have done some tours, Keys to the Kingdom was great. We have done some signature dining and dessert parties. But my two favorites are Dining with an Imagineer and Highway in the Sky Dine Around which is for adults only and is a fun night. We still enjoy going into the parks at our leisure, usually after a nice breakfast.

Plan ahead and enjoy your trip.

We have been doing adult only trips since August 2016 and the tips were right on. Take advantage of the time to do things that the kids (or grand kids in our case) could not handle. We have done some tours, Keys to the Kingdom was great. We have done some signature dining and dessert parties. But my two favorites are Dining with an Imagineer and Highway in the Sky Dine Around which is for adults only and is a fun night. We still enjoy going into the parks at our leisure, usually after a nice breakfast.

Plan ahead and enjoy your trip.

How very nice!!

When deciding on where to go, we were all over the place, but I looked at the WDW site and punched in some numbers, I was pleasantly surprised on the overall cost. Mentioned it to my wife and she got excited, so.......here we are, staying in a deluxe and her choice YEARS ago when we visited the AKL, plus this time doing the deluxe DP, lots of nice places to eat, I love the planning almost as much as the trip! I love these kinds of podcasts.....

How very nice!!

When deciding on where to go, we were all over the place, but I looked at the WDW site and punched in some numbers, I was pleasantly surprised on the overall cost. Mentioned it to my wife and she got excited, so.......here we are, staying in a deluxe and her choice YEARS ago when we visited the AKL, plus this time doing the deluxe DP, lots of nice places to eat, I love the planning almost as much as the trip! I love these kinds of podcasts.....

I agree. I think the planning actually makes the wait go faster. I certainly raises the anticipation level. If you do not already you should set up a My Disney Experience account. Then you can see all your plans in one location. Planning for two is pretty easy but the first week of December, 2018 we fulfilled a family dream of being at Disney during the Xmas season. Five adults and three children all under five. Planning that was a whole new experience. Try making dining reservations for eight.

I agree. I think the planning actually makes the wait go faster. I certainly raises the anticipation level. If you do not already you should set up a My Disney Experience account. Then you can see all your plans in one location. Planning for two is pretty easy but the first week of December, 2018 we fulfilled a family dream of being at Disney during the Xmas season. Five adults and three children all under five. Planning that was a whole new experience. Try making dining reservations for eight.

It was very easy in the planning, especially the ARD's, I got all the places we wanted and some of the difficult ones with the times we wanted, I booked everything through the MDE, LOVE that place, I am praying it will work as easily on my phone while on vacation......Christmas at Disney is special, as a child my dad took us to Disneyland and I still remember all the decorations. Bear Country Jamboree with the xmas light, garland etc hanging from the characters....You are going to have so much fun!!

We have been to WDW 11 times without kids (don’t have any), and we absolutely LOVE it! Obviously , we’ve been 11 times and are coming back in July for our 23rd Anniversary. So excited to be staying at AKL for the first time too! We love to try new and exclusive drinks and beers in the parks when we go. Does anyone know about specialty crafted beers at Animal Kingdom or other parks such as EPCOT and Hollywood Studios? I saw a DFB video that talked about beer brewed specially for some locations at AK but I can’t find it now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!