Dreams Unlimited or on my own???

marianas00

Mouseketeer
In your opinion is it better to book through Dreams Unlimited or handle all reservations on my own through Disneyland website or Disney Travel. My family would like several dining priority seatings, a tour, Fantasmic on Balcony, and we will be staying at the DH. My husband seems to think I should do it all myself because planning is so much of the Disney fun, yet I secretly would like to not have the stress of being on hold!!! My biggest issue is to make sure that we get the dessert buffet for Fantasmic. Does anyone have past experience with Dream's Unlimited? Do they make sure all of your priority seatings and dining preferences met?
Thanks in advance.... :confused3

I have used DU for a cruise and i had received great service at the beginning of booking my trip. I was told when i receive my documents DU would call and make sure i received them and answer any questions, I never heard from them. I was to receive a $100 stateroom on board credit, We notice we did not get our credit on our first day on the cruise of course being a holiday & a saturday, thank goodness i had brought their phone #. I called no answer i left a message. DU did get back to me and straighten it out and i did get my ship credit. I felt i shouldnt have to track down a TA for something that should have been done before we arrived. I also heard our dis members receiving gifts in their stateroom from DU on their first trip as a Thank You.
we did not receive a thank you. We also used DU to book a room at the Swan for one night. The room was dirty, moldy, smelled. I made several comments to the staff and when we came home i emailed DU and they emailed back to ask me if i talked to a manager, i did not, I talked to the bell service when they brought our luggage, i talked to the front desk and DU said they would look into the problem. Never heard from them. I didnt push the issue because it was only one night. I did rebook a cruise while i was on my cruise and guess what, since i used DU my ressies went right to DU.

The room at the swan was not DU falt but it would had been nice to have alittle more support from DU.

They are wonderful people to deal with but dont have that personal touch.

I would go ahead and get a quote from them and if you belong to AAA get a quote from them too. Then compare and go with the best deal. ;)

DREAMS! I have used Dreams 5x now and have always gotten WONDERFUL service. Ask for Beth. She is the best!

If you are wanting to stay onsite and book fantasmic seating, I would book directly through Disney or AAA (either on the web or over the phone). Once your travel plans are made you can make one all and get your f! res and all of your dinning reservations. If you book through DU and they forget to call on the 30 day mark, you will more then likely not get your F! seats. Disney planning is great! They are super helpful and will help you wth everything. They will then print out your list and have it for you when you check in.

I am confused... I just called Disney Travel to ask if they would include a dining plan itenerary in my reservation and was told "No". Can someone clarify how the one call will get me a full listing of all my ressies?
Thanks!

I had one for my trip in Oct. I was booked through WDT, and stayed at PP. They booked 2 meals for us. There was a print out waiting for us when we checked in. Maybe I called the regular dinning number and had them look at my reservation?

When we went to DL last year, we booked through DU (we've booked all our WDW trips through DU as well). We have never, ever had a problem (especially with our DU agent "forgetting" to call in our reservations) in the 5 times we have used DU. All the calls they need to make for you are flagged on your agent's computer, alerting him/her ahead of time that calls need to be made on a certain date (from what I remember my DU agent telling me). She has often had to email me to remind me to let her know which reservations I'd like because it was almost time for her to call them in.

You're still doing all the fun planning, but an expert is doing all the calling, and in the end, you get to print up an itinerary that includes the days, times and reservation #'s of all your planned meals and activities - all for free!

I definitely recommend DU wholeheartedly! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter