Dream Jan 25 2019 (3night)

Not sure if this thread is active but there was a link to it in Cruise Meets area. This is our first Disney cruise- we have 4 cabins. Family trip. Was wondering if too soon to book flights if we find times/price we like. Spirit right now is only one that is reasonable and non-stop from Baltimore. My other daughter is coming from California. 5 kids 3 and under. Are we crazy?

Joyce
Accident MD

Not sure if this thread is active but there was a link to it in Cruise Meets area. This is our first Disney cruise- we have 4 cabins. Family trip. Was wondering if too soon to book flights if we find times/price we like. Spirit right now is only one that is reasonable and non-stop from Baltimore. My other daughter is coming from California. 5 kids 3 and under. Are we crazy?

Joyce
Accident MD
hi! i haven't been a disney cruise yet, so i'm not sure how active these boards usually get, but i'm sure it will get more lively closer to the cruise.
as for flights, i think it might be a little too early- i'm in new york and fly southwest, and their jan-march flights open up this thursday. i'm not sure about the other major airlines yet. i'd try the google flights calendar, and see if there seems to be price dips a certain amount of time out, like 3 or 5 months out, and you can try to time your purchase that way.

Southwest is still pricey for us flying out of Baltimore compared with Spirit and JetBlue even with cost of a suitcase-we are figuring just one suitcase and each with small backpack. Wearing the heavier items like long pants, hoodie, etc. Hoping not to need that warmer stuff, but it is January. Monday Southwest flights weren't cheap. Although Southwest has several non stops. Other major carriers do not. I have been following flights since we booked in January (not exact dates but just rates for similar days of the week and current prices are close to the lowest with Spirit-- we could do lower if we could stay longer.)Southwest is $140 more. NFL ProBowl is that weekend in Orlando, so I am thinking of jumping in sooner than later.

hey!! its active! better to book the flights sooner than later. im buying mine tomorrow. this will be our first cruise too!

Then I am not crazy to book this soon? I am working on airport transfers as well.

sooner the better if you want a good deal & plenty of flight options. we are flying with a toddler so I wanted to find an affordable direct flight

We are trying to find out about transfer to and from the airport-it seems easy if you come in the same day and have an early to mid afternoon flight. We are coming in two days before and our departing flight is later and we don't want to spend hours at the airport. Considered renting a car but hate to pay to park and and not use the car. And one way rentals just seemed to be a hassle. Plus need for tolls and getting gas before returning etc. Wondered what others are doing? Probably many are doing Disney parks as well.

This is our second Disney cruise - and the first part of a back-to-back. I've never done a fish extender but might be interested in one.

On the flight issue, we'll be flying in from Halifax, NS, Canada, so we don't have access to Southwest, etc. But as an FYI, the NFL Pro Bowl is in Orlando on the 27th - so you might want to keep a close eye on the prices.

We booked more than a year out and I checked on flights for the same weekend. It was the Pro Bowl, and flights were higher out of BWI but not Atlantic City where my daughter will be flying from. I booked our flights because I was happy with the times and price, and I have only seen cheaper flights if we were flying back on a Tuesday. I would like to make transfer/car rental arrangements soon too because when football season starts there could be increased interest in those due to the Pro Bowl. I am weighing costs vs convenience. Booking flights means we aren't going to cancel so it was a big step for us.

We're also planning to fly in the day before - just can't trust the weather in the north east in January. We'll be booking one of the airport transfer companies that will drop us at our hotel. We're traveling with another family of 3 so it's more economical for us to book a private car service than a shuttle. Check the link below for the ones that get good trip advisor reviews. I'm leaning towards Access Line, as I've heard good things.

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attractions-g34515-Activities-c59-Orlando_Florida.html

we are flying in the day before & our flight leaves at 5 Monday. I am getting a day room at the hyatt regency at the airport so we can relax & not have to sit around the airport

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter