Dream Drydock 2024

I heard speculation that they will add a tower suite like on the Wish. So changes to Edge would be necessary.

To be honest that’s a change that wouldn’t bother me. The Outlook was never used for anything on any of my cruises.

Would be nice if they 'tweaked' some of the menus? Added some different pool deck eateries??? Or turn Cabanas into a Marceline Market? Can't all be about Concierge . . .

Agree. I love those ships and huge user of satellite falls. Especially if the Dream is going places other than the Carribbean, then satellites falls is always packed and a viewing area in the Fjords and im sure the canals as well.
They did say the whole of deck 10. The irony is i would consider concierge but i like deck 7/8 because of the reduced movement.
We love Dream/Fantasy but spend an hour or two most days on adult deck 13 and I'm not sure we'd want to keep sailing on them if they cut those areas back much. We are doing our first Concierge sailing this fall (not Dream), but even if we like Concierge and are willing to pay for it, the whole vibe will change if it becomes a family space instead of a (blissfully calm) adult space. Even making it a pay-for-access spa deck (like on Wish) would be much better.

I was on the Dream for the EBTA. Our head server said the whole of deck 13 is going to become concierge. He mentioned it when we were discussing the merits of upgrading to concierge. He also re-iterated that deck 10 was converting to concierge. I really hope it’s only a portion of deck 13 but he specifically referenced satellite falls.
Let’s all remember that servers on the cruise line aren’t likely to know these details. Even Captains are likely to know minimal as Disney keeps this stuff locked up on the corporate level.

Ugh! I hope these are just rumors. It sounds like they are making the Dream (which I love) into the my biggest complaints about the Wish (dinner shows and limited adult sun deck area). I guess we can just wait and see.
Same here, there was such a small amount of shade in adult areas. I also hope they don't go with the corporate apartment blue's and greys. We have only been on the Fantasy, Magic and Wish and the Wish is our least favorite ship for layout, sun areas and decor.

Same here, there was such a small amount of shade in adult areas. I also hope they don't go with the corporate apartment blue's and greys. We have only been on the Fantasy, Magic and Wish and the Wish is our least favorite ship for layout, sun areas and decor.

I think there was just such a small amount of space in the adult area overall. I wanted loungers in the sun (like the side decks around Satellite Falls on Dream/Fantasy) and couldn't find any in quiet areas.

The funny thing is when I first saw the model of the ship in One Man's Dream in Hollywood Studios I just assumed Deck 14 forward (the pool, the side decks and Currents) were adult only as the other area with the infinity pool was so small. Plus that area is comparable to the higher adult only area on the Dream/Fantasy so it only made sense that would also be adult only too. I was shocked when I found out 13 aft was the only adult only pool/pool bar option (no seats at the pool bar). It just doesn't measure up to the Dream and Fantasy. But I did end up enjoying 14 forward (all ages) more than the adult only area. I would definitely go there first if I were to sail on the Wish or Treasure in the future.

I have heard the will be changes to Edge and Vibe
I am now really concerned. Vibe on the Dream class is teen club much better than Vibe on the Wish class or Magic class.

I am not sure what DCL is doing but considering they put little to nothing for teens at Lookout Cay if they take anything away from Vibe on Dream class it is pretty clear that they are not thinking anymore about families with kids over 10. Which seems short sighted but so have a lot of choice Disney is making lately.

I was just about to move my son's birthday sailing off the Fantasy in Feb because Lookout has so little to offer him to a Dream sailing to Cozumel and CC instead but now with them possibly messing with the Vibe on the Dream I am unsure what to do

I am now really concerned. Vibe on the Dream class is teen club much better than Vibe on the Wish class or Magic class.

I am not sure what DCL is doing but considering they put little to nothing for teens at Lookout Cay if they take anything away from Vibe on Dream class it is pretty clear that they are not thinking anymore about families with kids over 10. Which seems short sighted but so have a lot of choice Disney is making lately.

I was just about to move my son's birthday sailing off the Fantasy in Feb because Lookout has so little to offer him to a Dream sailing to Cozumel and CC instead but now with them possibly messing with the Vibe on the Dream I am unsure what to do
Don’t panic just yet. No one (except management) really knows what will be happening during dry dock at this stage. I’ll ask around and see what I can find out

When we were on the EBTA, there was a DCL corporate employee we interacted with. He said the customer facing features of the dry dock would be mostly routine replacement of carpeting and furniture, with some exciting surprises everyone will enjoy. We asked about the retheming of Enchanted Garden and he wouldn’t spill.

Enhancements to the restaurants will be huge but beyond thar I don’t think as many changes will happen as we think.

When we were on the EBTA, there was a DCL corporate employee we interacted with. He said the customer facing features of the dry dock would be mostly routine replacement of carpeting and furniture, with some exciting surprises everyone will enjoy. We asked about the retheming of Enchanted Garden and he wouldn’t spill.

Enhancements to the restaurants will be huge but beyond thar I don’t think as many changes will happen as we think.
That is kind of my guess… I think they will want most of the focus to be on the new ships… They have 3 coming out in the next year and a half after all.

The ship was in great shape on our April sailing… I do think some concepts could be reimagined and come across as dated (i.e. the entire adult district - especially Skyline Lounge, some of the decor in the restaurant on level 2 and the odd inclusion of buffet stations that aren’t used, some of the furniture in AP which is a bit worn), but overall it is a magnificent ship, and I hope they don’t touch it too much…

While some may lament the loss of the District on the Wish ships, one of the nice things was because of the clubs being spread out, people ironically seem to gather in them more, and wander from venue to venue when strolling around the ship… On our April Dream sailing, there were multiple nights that you would stroll through the District and see nobody in Skyline, very few people in Pink, or the bar at the front. The sports bar was a little more popular… People seemed to be more out and about on the Wish…

However, I don’t think the Drydock coming up will be able to adjust any of these issues… At most they may decide to upgrade/retheme Skyline or recarpet Pink… It’s funny, the rest of the ship has such a “classic” look, and the Adult District on the Dream is definitely themed in 2010s aesthetic… It has not aged as well as the rest of the ship.

I think it’s reasonable to expect that Enchanted Garden will be re-themed. (Insiders all but confirmed it for the cancelled 2020 dry dock). It’s also reasonable to think that some of the lounges in the District will be re-themed (as we saw with the Magic last year). But suggestions that the District is going to be replaced with a tower suite and the Dream will become more Wish-like is just foolhardy.

The District offers a reprieve for adults who want more mature entertainment… and a few adult beverages while they’re enjoying it. The cost to convert the space into a tower suite and then build our replacement lounges throughout the ship would be prohibitive. The suggestion is just ridiculous to be honest.

@Cfabar1 - the buffet trays are used late in the evening, like after 10PM (somebody else knows the times better than I do, not something we’ve taken advantage of in awhile). The nightly spread they had on our EBTA was pretty much the same as the spread they had when the ship first entered service.

We were on the Dream in May for the transatlantic and my teen said they are reconfiguring the current Vibe to also house Edge. I’m probably spreading rumors but it’s what he reported😂

We were on the Dream in May for the transatlantic and my teen said they are reconfiguring the current Vibe to also house Edge. I’m probably spreading rumors but it’s what he reported😂
I was actually worried about that... DCL has REALLY decided to go all in for kids 10 & Under and somehow ignore older kids (and even parents- Wish class ship adult pool is tiny). Guessing they want the Edge space for a tower suite... Ugh.

I don't understand what DCL is doing. Concierge rooms on deck 10 makes zero sense. Deck 10 is noisy. It is often assigned as VGT because no one wants them but they expect guests to pay concierge prices? There aren't enough benefits to concierge and the more ppl they add, the more watered down benefits get.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

New DISboards Posts

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest