~*~ Dream ~*~ Believe ~*~ Achieve ~*~ (Comments Welcome)

I’m so behind in everyone’s journals again and have done a crap job updating mine.

Completely forgot to mention that early registration for Princess weekend happened on August 2nd. I was going back and forth with running the half or the challenge. I decided to run just the half and try to get a volunteer spot. I’m handing out 5K medals for Wine & Dine weekend so I’m thinking I might try and secure a spot at the expo for bib pick up or handing out the shirts.

Under the Oaks half marathon is in 56 days. I’m nervous. Why? I’ve done so much treadmill running. Treadmill running is not the same as running outside. I’m hoping that now that school has started that I can get myself back into a routine. Nick takes the bus to school now and it picks him up at 6:30am. Yesterday morning I ran at that time and it wasn’t too bad. It was so humid though and I was disgustingly wet by the end.

@DopeyBadger has put together a great a chart for corral breakdowns when it comes to proof of time. Right now my half PR of 2:13:38 (10:12 pace) lands me in D for Dopey. I’m so close to getting into C with a half cutoff time of 2:07. That’s a 9:41 pace for 13.1 miles which is 31 seconds faster per mile that I’d need to run. OMG. Can I do it? I don’t know. I feel like my whole training plan was wasted with time on the treadmill.

I feel like my whole training plan was wasted with time on the treadmill.

I wouldn't say wasted. You did it, which is far more than nothing. I know summer is rough (and WI isn't nearly as rough as FL), but once the temps finally start to come back down you'll realize the true gains you made. Patience and trust. Think long term.

Treadmill running is definitely not the same as outside running, but I think that it can be close enough. Yes, it's better if you can try and get out, especially if the humidity ever manages to drop to not-Florida levels. But treadmill running is better than nothing and I think that the fact that you're doing something, even if it isn't the ideal, helps you improve your running.

:sad: Maybe we will venture out to the west coast beaches. Siesta Key is supposed to be the best beach in FL.

Siesta Key is beautiful. If you can make that happen, I highly recommend it!

I’m so behind in everyone’s journals again and have done a crap job updating mine.

Completely forgot to mention that early registration for Princess weekend happened on August 2nd. I was going back and forth with running the half or the challenge. I decided to run just the half and try to get a volunteer spot. I’m handing out 5K medals for Wine & Dine weekend so I’m thinking I might try and secure a spot at the expo for bib pick up or handing out the shirts.

Under the Oaks half marathon is in 56 days. I’m nervous. Why? I’ve done so much treadmill running. Treadmill running is not the same as running outside. I’m hoping that now that school has started that I can get myself back into a routine. Nick takes the bus to school now and it picks him up at 6:30am. Yesterday morning I ran at that time and it wasn’t too bad. It was so humid though and I was disgustingly wet by the end.

@DopeyBadger has put together a great a chart for corral breakdowns when it comes to proof of time. Right now my half PR of 2:13:38 (10:12 pace) lands me in D for Dopey. I’m so close to getting into C with a half cutoff time of 2:07. That’s a 9:41 pace for 13.1 miles which is 31 seconds faster per mile that I’d need to run. OMG. Can I do it? I don’t know. I feel like my whole training plan was wasted with time on the treadmill.

I'm also pushing my goal for Chicago in the hopes of making it into corral C. It's a long shot, but it's still fun to think about it. I wouldn't worry that your time on the treadmill was wasted. You got the training in and once you do transition to outside, you'll see that it probably did more for you than you think.

08/06/18 - 08/12/18
Another week closer to my "A" race! This week was full of treadmill runs again, but I did manage to make it outside once. School also started for my kids this week. Now that my son has to be on the school bus at 6:30am I'm going to try and at least do my easier runs outdoors until the weather improves. I've been feeling ambivalent about using the treadmill so much this summer. I sat and really thought about it on Sunday and compared myself to where I was last year. Last year (and every year before that too) I just quit running in the summer. I have more endurance than ever in my life and I'm running SIX days a week compared to maybe 3-4 days with previous plans. I just needed to remind myself I've come a long way from where I was this time last year. So let's see what went on this week!​

Monday - OFF
Tuesday - I Pace - 1 mi @ WU + 5 x 5 min @ I w/ 4 min RI @ WU + 1 mi @ CD
Wednesday - 4.5 miles @ EA
Thursday - T pace - 2 mi @ WU + 2 x 2 mi @ T w/ 3 min RI + 4 x 150 @ R w/ 150 RI @ WU + 1 mi @ CD
Friday - 4.5 miles @ EA
Saturday - 7.5 miles @ EB + Strides
Sunday - TEMPO - 1 mile WU + 5 miles @ M Tempo + 1.5 miles @ Daniels T + 1 mile @ M Tempo + 1 mile CD

Monday - Off

Tuesday - I have a love/hate relationship with I pace workouts. I hate them while doing them, but love how strong I feel at the end of the workout. I walked during the rest intervals cuz I had jelly legs. I love my Garmin Foot Pod so I can see the breakdown of segments in my Garmin app.
  • Plan: 1 mi @ WU + 5 x 5 min @ 8:58 w/ 4 min RI @ WU + 1 mi @ CD
  • Actual: 12:20 + (8:48, 8:54, 8:52, 8:54, 8:49) + 12:22
Wednesday - Forgot to start my watch. Oops. This is the data off the treadmill.
  • Plan: 4.5 miles @ 12:36
  • Actual: 4.51 @ 12:09
Thursday - 150m intervals shouldn't be done on a treadmill, but I wing it. 150m is around .09 of a mile. The 150m is listed in time it took me to run it and not pace.
  • Plan: 2 mi @ WU + 2 x 2 mi @ 9:46 w/ 3 min RI + 4 x 150 @ 8:36 w/ 150 RI @ WU + 1 mi @ CD
  • Actual: (12:19, 12:11) + (9:37, 9:46, 9:48, 9:44) + (48, :47, :48, :47) + 11:49
Friday - Back to School!!!

IMG_4407.JPG

My son gets the bus at 6:30am. Today was an easy day so I decided to run outside after the bus picked him up. It wasn't too bad while it was still dark, but once the sun rose it was gross. These miles got faster and faster......I think I just wanted to be done and back inside with air conditioning.
  • Plan: 4.5 miles @ 12:36
  • Actual: 4.66 miles - 12:01, 11:48, 11:38, 11:28, 11:11
Saturday - Gah....I was charging my Garmin and forgot to grab it when I left. Didn't realize it until I was already at the gym. I was not going back home to get it so here is the data from the treadmill.
  • Plan: 7.5 miles @ 11:47 + Strides
  • Actual: 7.51 miles @ 11:27
Sunday - I've been concerned that running on the treadmill has set me back and I've lost fitness. Today's run left me feeling that is not the case. My average pace was 10:19 over 9.51 miles and I was feeling great! I could have kept going and going!!!
  • Plan: 1 mile WU + 5 miles @ 10:36 + 1.5 miles @ 9:46 + 1 mile @ 10:36 + 1 mile CD
  • Actual: 10:57 + (10:25, 10:20, 10:21, 10:21, 10:21) + (9:25, 9:19) + 10:20 + 10:54
Now that school is back in session and I HAVE to be up at an ungodly hour I'm hoping to get more running time outside.

Great job on your training week and especially that Sunday run. Well done!

My kids start back to school on Wednesday and I thought we were really early but you guys got us beat!

Great job on your training week and especially that Sunday run. Well done!

My kids start back to school on Wednesday and I thought we were really early but you guys got us beat!

I thought it was crazy to start on a friday then have the whole weekend off, but I ended up liking it. It gave the kids a chance to meet all their teachers and get the syllabus & final supply list. It also gave me time over the weekend to pick up the odds and ends for supplies, get binders set up and fill out the 32,000 forms. Starting on Friday meant they didn't have to cut any of their fall, Thanksgiving or Christmas breaks too!

:dogdance: I ran OUTSIDE this morning. Woohoo!!!! I was out the door by 6:25am. I'm going to attempt tomorrow's run outside too.

Due to my A race half getting pushed out 4 weeks, I got an update to my plan and nearly fainted when I saw tomorrow's workout. 10 x 300m repeats @ 8:36 pace :scared1: :faint: I'll be okay. I'll be okay. I'll be cursing up a storm in my head, but I'll be okay.

:dogdance: I ran OUTSIDE this morning. Woohoo!!!! I was out the door by 6:25am. I'm going to attempt tomorrow's run outside too.

Due to my A race half getting pushed out 4 weeks, I got an update to my plan and nearly fainted when I saw tomorrow's workout. 10 x 300m repeats @ 8:36 pace :scared1: :faint: I'll be okay. I'll be okay. I'll be cursing up a storm in my head, but I'll be okay.

You can do it!!!

giphy.gif

:D

You've got this! :thumbsup2

If it's any consolation this is a repeat of the week of 7/2 which you weren't able to do because of the vaca. So if anything, this is a step back for you... :scratchin :cheer2:

You'll be awesome.

Sounds like a great week of training! Yay for being able to get back outside. I am sure our humidity doesn't even compare here but I am so over it.

And you totally got those repeats in the bag. Just think of how strong you will feel when you are done!

Bay started school on August 6th. SO FREAKING EARLY.

You can do it!!!

giphy.gif

Polar Express is one of my favorite movies.

:D

You've got this! :thumbsup2

If it's any consolation this is a repeat of the week of 7/2 which you weren't able to do because of the vaca. So if anything, this is a step back for you... :scratchin :cheer2:

I walked or slogged (slow jogged) the 300m RI and had way too much gas left in the tank on my cool down mile. Should I have picked up the pace during the RI?

You'll be awesome.

Sounds like a great week of training! Yay for being able to get back outside. I am sure our humidity doesn't even compare here but I am so over it.

And you totally got those repeats in the bag. Just think of how strong you will feel when you are done!

Bay started school on August 6th. SO FREAKING EARLY.

I worried for nothing :rolleyes:

I walked or slogged (slow jogged) the 300m RI and had way too much gas left in the tank on my cool down mile. Should I have picked up the pace during the RI?

Not really necessary. The primary purpose of the "Daniels R" pace is anaerobic power and running efficiency. You're working on the neuromuscular benefits. Teaching your body what it's like to run with good form. Fast feet, head up, short strides, efficient, etc. So the primary goal of the R pace workout is to make sure you hit all the pace goals. If that means having to walk the RI, so be it. As long as you hit the R paces, and do the RI in about 2-3x the duration of the R pace, then you're crushing the workout.

Where the pace of the RI may or may not be more important is with the I or T paces. There you are manipulating a physiological response to running at those paces (VO2max or Lactate Threshold). The goal still remains to hit all the paces, but there is a point where you could conceivably make it too easy by walking the RI (as the physiological response recovers too much between intervals). It's definitely another game within the game. You want to be rested enough to hit all the intervals, but not too rested that you aren't challenging yourself. This is a place where I play it more day by day and interval to interval. Always keeping an eye on the pace goal.

Not really necessary. The primary purpose of the "Daniels R" pace is anaerobic power and running efficiency. You're working on the neuromuscular benefits. Teaching your body what it's like to run with good form. Fast feet, head up, short strides, efficient, etc. So the primary goal of the R pace workout is to make sure you hit all the pace goals. If that means having to walk the RI, so be it. As long as you hit the R paces, and do the RI in about 2-3x the duration of the R pace, then you're crushing the workout.

Where the pace of the RI may or may not be more important is with the I or T paces. There you are manipulating a physiological response to running at those paces (VO2max or Lactate Threshold). The goal still remains to hit all the paces, but there is a point where you could conceivably make it too easy by walking the RI (as the physiological response recovers too much between intervals). It's definitely another game within the game. You want to be rested enough to hit all the intervals, but not too rested that you aren't challenging yourself. This is a place where I play it more day by day and interval to interval. Always keeping an eye on the pace goal.

That was a perfect explanation. Thank you!

I’m not one to buy celebrity or athlete products. However, after looking at the recipes in this book and because she uses the word Hangry I had to have it.
View attachment 344013

She’s got a recipe for Mac & Cheese and another for peanut butter cups. What’s not to like?
Let me know how you like it! I have been eye-balling it as well, but I am a really picky eater and I feel like I wouldn't enjoy a lot of things in it. But Mac N Cheese and PB Cups... hmmmm...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter