~*~ Dream ~*~ Believe ~*~ Achieve ~*~ (Comments Welcome)

So early registration for Princess weekend is August 2nd. I really need to come to a decision if I want to run. The past two years I’ve run the 5K, 10K and half. I’m never running a Princess 5K again. Ever. If I run I’m leaning towards just the half, but if i run the challenge I’ll get THREE medals. Princess tends brings lots of women for the races. Lots of women leads to lots of drama. Nuff said.
LOL I have been mulling trying a race weekend other than marathon weekend this season, but was avoiding Princess because I've heard comments like yours. I couldn't tell if it was just a bunch of woman-haters or a real thing. I know you're not a woman-hater so I think I'll pass. I do like the look of the glass slipper challenge medals though...

So early registration for Princess weekend is August 2nd. I really need to come to a decision if I want to run. The past two years I’ve run the 5K, 10K and half. I’m never running a Princess 5K again. Ever. If I run I’m leaning towards just the half, but if i run the challenge I’ll get THREE medals. Princess tends brings lots of women for the races. Lots of women leads to lots of drama. Nuff said.

Completely with you on the never again for Princess 5k. I will be signing up for the Fairy Tale Challenge again I guess, now that my mom and I have decided to renew our APs. I will say I've never had drama at any Disney races; however, I tend to be a hermit in a corner. LOL. I'm not really invested in any item at the expo and I never go on the first day so I avoid that drama. My main gripe is the runners who just don't understand race etiquette...if you want to walk I am perfectly fine with that, just don't want 6 people across and block the whole road please. :blush:

The only Princess race I've ever done was the 5K and I didn't encounter any drama ... but maybe that's just because it was my first runDisney and I might not have recognized drama when I saw it. I'd love to go down for Princess again, especially because I have the AP now, but it's just too early for me to commit. Sigh. Maybe if the half stays open for months I'll register late, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

LOL I have been mulling trying a race weekend other than marathon weekend this season, but was avoiding Princess because I've heard comments like yours. I couldn't tell if it was just a bunch of woman-haters or a real thing. I know you're not a woman-hater so I think I'll pass. I do like the look of the glass slipper challenge medals though...

I have a soft spot for Princess because it was my first RunDisney experience (10K in 2015). There are a lot of tiaras outside of the races and I think they need to set up tissue aid stations around the expo. Don’t get scared away by the stories if you really want to give it a chance. It’s kind of cool to have a race geared towards women and Princess Minnie is the best!

Completely with you on the never again for Princess 5k. I will be signing up for the Fairy Tale Challenge again I guess, now that my mom and I have decided to renew our APs. I will say I've never had drama at any Disney races; however, I tend to be a hermit in a corner. LOL. I'm not really invested in any item at the expo and I never go on the first day so I avoid that drama. My main gripe is the runners who just don't understand race etiquette...if you want to walk I am perfectly fine with that, just don't want 6 people across and block the whole road please. :blush:

I only had someone be rude to my face once in 2017. The bus to the 5K was packed and a woman refused to sit next to me because I was a real runner and she was there to have a good time. It was chilly and I forgot to pack a sweatshirt. All I had was a long sleeve glass slipper shirt I had bought at the expo. I already felt silly enough wearing it to the 5K. She sat a few seats behind me and was going on and on about how these were meant to be fun and was making fun of her own family members and other costumes she had seen. She just wasn’t a very nice woman.

The groups of women holding hands across the course are the worst.

The only Princess race I've ever done was the 5K and I didn't encounter any drama ... but maybe that's just because it was my first runDisney and I might not have recognized drama when I saw it. I'd love to go down for Princess again, especially because I have the AP now, but it's just too early for me to commit. Sigh. Maybe if the half stays open for months I'll register late, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

Most of what I saw was at the expo with race merchandise. I don’t think there were any physical fights this year, but last year there were women throwing punches. I think the new area for the race merchandise helped. It’s just bigger and more spread out. I just don’t have the time or patience for drama so I do what I need to do then get the heck out of there.

Most of what I saw was at the expo with race merchandise. I don’t think there were any physical fights this year, but last year there were women throwing punches. I think the new area for the race merchandise helped. It’s just bigger and more spread out. I just don’t have the time or patience for drama so I do what I need to do then get the heck out of there.
Dang! Now I want to get my own girl posse together and throw a few elbows myself! Reminds me of the good old days of Black Friday sales. You should be in an early enough corral for the half to avoid any six-abreast walkers at least.

Dang! Now I want to get my own girl posse together and throw a few elbows myself! Reminds me of the good old days of Black Friday sales. You should be in an early enough corral for the half to avoid any six-abreast walkers at least.

You’d think so! I don’t know where they come from. I’ve started from corral D, never stopped for photos and still got stuck behind them. It didn’t happen nearly as much at Dark Side this year.

I only had someone be rude to my face once in 2017. The bus to the 5K was packed and a woman refused to sit next to me because I was a real runner and she was there to have a good time. It was chilly and I forgot to pack a sweatshirt. All I had was a long sleeve glass slipper shirt I had bought at the expo. I already felt silly enough wearing it to the 5K. She sat a few seats behind me and was going on and on about how these were meant to be fun and was making fun of her own family members and other costumes she had seen. She just wasn’t a very nice woman.

The groups of women holding hands across the course are the worst.

I'm sorry, what?? Sounds like she needs an attitude adjustment. I cannot stand people like that.

Oh gosh I had forgotten that! Luckily I have always started in earlier corrals so I have not encountered it as much...I am not sure I'd be able to keep myself from saying a snarky comment, I get grumpy when I am running sometimes at people's lack of concern for others.

I don't even have words about how much I dislike this lady. WOW.

Only I would forget reading material for the beach. Duh. So here I sit on Disboards instead with 1st world problems on my mind.

Still can’t decide on what I want to sign up for Princess Weekend.

I don’t know where I want to stay for marathon weekend. I have a reservation at Yacht Club and one at Beach Club. I really liked Beach club when I stayed there for Princess. Eliana and I are staying two nights next weekend at Yacht Club. The only Deluxe I have not stayed at after next weekend is Boardwalk so I’m thinking about that one too. The rooms look a bit dated though. I’m not sure I’ll be happy looking at yellow striped wallpaper and green carpeting for a week. Sigh....maybe I’ll just go with whatever resort has the best Passholder rate.

I like the Yacht Club rooms in general, but I only like the Beach Club studios ... the regular Beach Club rooms are "meh" to me. Plus, YC has better access to all of the things and you don't smell Cape May Cafe from the lobby.

But BC is closer to Epcot.

I know I’m behind on updating this. Kids go back to school next week so I’ve been busy with all that stuff.

Just wanted to share this though....

Nick is going to public high school this year and orientation was this morning. The auditorium walls had quotes from Walt Disney on them! Then waiting in line for text books I got Slinky Dog fastpasses for tomorrow night!

I know I’m behind on updating this. Kids go back to school next week so I’ve been busy with all that stuff.

Just wanted to share this though....

Nick is going to public high school this year and orientation was this morning. The auditorium walls had quotes from Walt Disney on them! Then waiting in line for text books I got Slinky Dog fastpasses for tomorrow night!

I think I'd like that school!

7/23/18 - 7/29/18
These past two weeks have been difficult mentally and physically. It's just so hot & sticky here so I've been doing a lot of treadmill running. I was also late diagnosed with Lyme Disease over 20 years ago and still deal with flare ups every now and then. I get joint pain, fatigue, a swimmy head (not sure how to describe it) and it's annoying. Kids are also going back to school on August 10th, DH started a new job and I'm still dealing with major household projects (but there seems to be an end in sight!).​

Monday - OFF
Tuesday - 1 mi @ WU + 5 x 4 min @ 8:58 w/ 4 min RI @ WU + 1 mi @ CD
Wednesday - 4.5 miles @ 12:36
Thursday - 2 mi @ WU + 4 x 1 mile @ 9:46 w/ 2 min RI @ WU + 1 mi @ CD
Friday - 4.5 miles @ 12:36
Saturday - 7.5 miles @ 11:47 + Strides
Sunday - 7 miles @ 11:24 + 3 miles @ 10:36

Monday 7/23 - Off

Tuesday 7/24 - Speed work and got half way through before my heart rate spiked to 187, got the chills and was nearly puking on the neighbor's lawn. I adjusted for T+D, but I was still too fast which contributed to the issue. The second half of the run at night was still hard, but much better. Does anyone have a hard time slowing your legs down for the cool down after speed work???
  • 11:59 + 9:01, 8:58, 9:01, 8:58, 8:29 + 11:33
Wednesday 7/25 - I didn't even bother with trying to run outside.
  • 4.51 miles @ 12:01
Thursday 7/26 - We went to the beach today. This is our first time visiting a central FL beach. Everyone told me I had to go to New Smyrna beach because it was so awesome. It was not. The sand was not fluffy. It was hard packed and hard to dig in. The waves were fantastic, but the water was brown. I couldn't see anything around me and that freaks me out. I've also learned that New Smyrna is the shark bite capital of FL. I think we will try Cocoa Beach next time. I'm just used to south FL beaches with white fluffy sand and crystal clear blue water. This giant dragon fly decided to hang out on my finger for a while.

IMG_4282.JPG

I've been doing so much treadmill running that I decided to purchase a Garmin Foot Pod. It was worth every penny. I've since learned that my favorite treadmill at the gym needs to be calibrated. It says you are running faster than you really are. I had used that one for this run. My second favorite is within a few seconds of my foot pod so now I just use that one.
  • 12:39, 12:23 + 9:40, 10:04, 10:14, 10:10 + 12:25
Friday 7/27 - I hadn't felt right all week and woke up today and knew there would be no running at all.

Saturday 7/28 - I woke up early and was feeling better so I decided to attempt running outside. The T+D was only in the low 150's. I consider that awesome right about now.
  • 11:39, 11:11, 11:27, 11:37, 11:45, 11:18, 11:07, 10:11
Sunday 7/29 - Well, so much for feeling better. I slept most of the day.

7/30/18 - 8/5/18
July Miles: 130.01
Miles YTD: 797.81​

Monday - OFF
Tuesday - 2 mi @ WU + 1 x 5 min @ 8:58 w/ 4 min RI @ WU + 3 x 4 min @ 8:58 w/ 3 min RI + 1 mi @ CD
Wednesday - 4.5 miles @ 12:36
Thursday - 2 mi @ WU + 3 x 1.5 mi @ 9:46 w/ 3 min RI + 4 x 150 @ 8:36 w/ 150 RI @ WU + 1 mi @ CD
Friday - 4.5 miles @ 12:36
Saturday - 7.5 miles @ 11:47 + Strides
Sunday - 7.5 miles @ 11:24

Monday - I woke up feeling good. I was bummed I missed my long run the day before so I decided to run it today on the treadmill. This new foot pod thing is really cool. It's amazing to see how different your paces can be even though you haven't changed the speed on the treadmill itself. As usual mine were all over the place.
  • Plan: 7 miles @ 11:24 + 3 miles @ 10:36
  • Actual: 11:38, 11:11, 11:06, 11:03, 11:09, 11:12, 11:08 + 10:23, 10:24, 10:25
Tuesday - Today was an I pace workout which are hard. I stuck with the treadmill.
  • Plan: 2 mi @ WU + 1 x 5 min @ 8:58 w/ 4 min RI @ WU + 3 x 4 min @ 8:58 w/ 3 min RI + 1 mi @ CD
  • Actual: 12:31, 12:13 + 9:00 + 8:54, 8:56, 8:54 + 12:03
Wednesday - treadmill
  • Plan: 4.5 miles @ 12:36
  • Actual: 12:10, 12:05, 12:05, 11:50, 11:45
Thursday - T pace & R pace on the treadmill. R paces on the treadmill aren't really advised, but I was not going to run outside today. No way. I made it work.
  • Plan: 2 mi @ WU + 3 x 1.5 mi @ 9:46 w/ 3 min RI + 4 x 150 @ 8:36 w/ 150 RI @ WU + 1 mi @ CD
  • Actual: 12:10, 12:07 + 9:45, 9:49, 9:44 + 8:44, 8:31, 8:31, 8:28 + 11:46
Friday - I got up early to run outside. Apparently all my neighbors had the same idea. I've never seen so many of us out at the same time. This run was way too fast, but it was one of those days where it was physically awkward to run slow.
  • Plan: 4.5 miles @ 12:36
  • Actual: 11:38, 11:36, 11:55, 11:24, 11:24
Eliana and I were headed to Yacht Club for two nights and planned to spend the morning in Stormalong Bay. Yacht Club is AWESOME. The lobby is gorgeous and the rooms after their refurb were incredible. So much thought went into comfort and convenience. We spent the morning in the pool, went to France in Epcot for lunch, more pool time in the afternoon followed by a nap. We went to Hollywood Studios that night. We had dinner at 50's Prime Time. It was gross. Sorry for anyone who likes it, but I won't ever go back. I forgot to take pics of the rest of the room.
z8eitaoyQz6eV4FHqBG2fg.jpg

Saturday - We slept in and I had a hard time dragging myself out of bed, but I eventually did. I forgot to pack breakfast so I grabbed a banana and cereal bar in the store and ate it on my way to the gym. It was pretty busy in there. The treadmills looked out over the pool area. I had a hard time adjusting the speed on the treadmill. There is a lever on the handrails and wasn't cooperating very well. I decided to skip strides and just run at a bit of a quicker pace. I did not adjust the speed of the treadmill, but look at how different my paces are!
  • Plan: 7.5 miles @ 11:47 + Strides
  • Actual: 11:11, 11:17, 11:08, 11:03, 11:02, 11:03, 11:06, 11:06
I finished my run, showered, got ready for the pool and then we went to Ale & Compass for lunch. It was very good and a place I would definitely return to. We spent a few hours at the pool then napped before our night at MK. We had dinner reservations at Be Our Guest with their new Prix Fixe menu. For $55 you get an appetizer, entree & dessert (I paid $44 for having a Tables in Wonderland card). You can choose your app & entree, but everyone gets the same dessert. I think the menu change was for the better. Eliana and I both had the escargot & filet mignon. I literally cleaned my plate. It was that good. We had tickets to the Disney After Hours party from 10pm-1am). We only lasted until 12:30. Eliana fell asleep on the bus on the way back to YC!

Sunday - We were not in a rush to leave so we slept in. I decided to run once the sun started to go down. I should have just sucked it up and gone to the gym. I didn't finish this run. I got the chills again, dizzy and was nauseous. Something was also up with my watch. I adjusted my workout pace to be between 11:50-12:00 because of the weather. My watch said I was running in that range, but when my lap time was displayed it was completely off for every mile but one. And it was by A LOT. So I think that contributed to me getting woozy. If I was running faster than my watch was displaying that was not good. I did a hard reset of my watch yesterday so hopefully the issue is resolved.
  • Plan: 7.5 miles @ 11:24
  • Actual: 4.06 miles - 11:26, 11:13, 11:55, 11:24

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Cocoa Beach wasn't that impressive to me either. I am spoiled with gulf beaches like Destin though where the sand is white and fluffy and the water is gorgeous. In Cocoa Beach I had to keep my shoes on at all times because the darker sand would get so hot, definitely wasn't used to that!

Does anyone have a hard time slowing your legs down for the cool down after speed work???

I usually take this as a great sign because you're not so dead tired that you're capable of hitting that easy pace. I sometimes compare my WU pace to CD pace to get an idea as to how "hard" my workout was.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Cocoa Beach wasn't that impressive to me either. I am spoiled with gulf beaches like Destin though where the sand is white and fluffy and the water is gorgeous. In Cocoa Beach I had to keep my shoes on at all times because the darker sand would get so hot, definitely wasn't used to that!

:sad: Maybe we will venture out to the west coast beaches. Siesta Key is supposed to be the best beach in FL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter