Downtown Disney Resorts

Iamalsootherstuff

Earning My Ears
I am considering staying at one of the Downtown Disney resorts (maybe the Doubletree Suites). My biggest concern is the transportation to and from the various Disney parks. Where do they drop you off at each park? Where do they pick you up when you are ready to leave? How much farther will I have to walk to catch the bus? Any answers are appreciated.

I was originally booked at DTree for November but have since switched but as I recall when I was searching for info this is what I was told.
*buses have there own parking spaces at each park..maybe a slightly longer walk than others
*transportation is not as fast as disney owned resorts
All that said, it looks like a great place and & hope I didn't make the wrong decision moving to another disney resort. When are you going? As im sure you're aware, rates are $59 for a short time thru YE!! GOOD LUCK!

one more thing.....if you search using the words Double tree in the subject you can read past posts that discuss hotel!

Stayed at Doubletree Oct 30 - Nov 7 and used their transportation every day. Found it efficient and comfortable.

They pick you up and drop you off at parking spot #26 at each of the big four parks. This spot is only a couple of rows out in each parking lot, IMO not a long walk past where the Disney buses stop (and closer than where cars park) at EP, MGM, and AK. At BB bus had stop #1 very close to entrance.

Main difference from Disney buses is at MK. The bus stops (at spot #26 again) at the Transportation and Ticket centre, where you have to catch a monorail or ferry to MK (same as people who drive there do). Disney buses bypass the TTC and go directly to the park entrance. IMO, the monorail or ferry ride is part of the fun, especially for kids! We did both, and even managed to catch the right ferry for a great view of the fireworks as we were leaving one night.

Slow? I didn't think so. The buses were running, on time, to and from the 4 main parks every half hour while I was there. Less frequent to and from BB, so check the times. I've also seen complaints about Disney buses being slow, or about having to wait 45 min. or more for them. How often are Disney buses supposed to run, anyway? Had trouble finding out.

Doubletree shares buses with the other 6 DD Resort Hotels, which are all adjacent to each other on a strip within walking distance of Downtown Disney Marketplace. If your hotel is the first stop in the AM or last stop on the way back, I suppose it might seem slow having to stop at each other hotel. Doubletree seemed to be usually in the middle of the run. An 8:00 bus for MGM would arrive at Doubletree around 8:05, but an 8:00 MK bus might not arrive until 8:12 after stopping at some other hotels. Both buses would arrive at their parks by 8:30.

DD hotel buses do not run between parks, so we used Disney transport to hop around; eg. a direct bus from BB to EP and the monorail from EP to MK.

Disney cannot accomodate my family of 5 in a Value or Moderate resort. At Doubletree we got a whole suite for less than the price of a room at a Deluxe Disney resort.

I don't know exactly where the Doubletree is, but in the past I have walked to Downtown Disney from the Wyndam and caught the Disney bus to the MK. (I am not sure this works first thing in the morning however!)

At the Grosvenor last week. For $39 a nite, it couldn't be beat. Room was quiet, clean, and comfortable. Can get length of stay passes because it is considered on-property. These are the park passes we like to get because they are all inclusive, and we were only staying 3 days. They don't offer park hopper passes for three day stays.
The busses were fine; we also walked over to DD and caught a bus there.

You should be please with DD hotels.. the price is certainly right and the convenience is almost as good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter