double jogging stroller at WDW,just back

strawberryblonde

<font color=red>"We wants the redhead!!!!"<br><fon
I am posting this for anyone who is wondering (like I was) if they can take their jogging stroller.

Perhaps because it was slow season it wasn't a problem, I don't know, but everyone at the gates was all smiles as I wheeled past with my huge beast of a stroller full of 80 pounds of kids. This is a Kelty model so it fits through the small gates (I read a post that your stroller had to fit through unfolded, don't know if that is true or not). MGM and AK did feel crowded but by moving slowly, it wasn't a problem. Alot of the time, my DH or I would walk up front by the big wheel while the other pushed. Only once did someone meet with a wheel and it wasn't the front one - a man stepped backwards from the side into one of the back wheels. He and DH both told each other sorry and that was that. About every other day, my DS5 took a snooze in the stroller. And this would be at a different time than DD2's nap. Had we gone back to the room each time one of them wanted to nap, we would have missed out on most of the parades and evening activities - which ended up being the highlights of our trip. I couldn't have done without the stroller at night especially in Epcot. We stayed at CR so most of the time we walked over to MK, only taking the monorail back to resort once. That trip they put us in with a wheel chair and we didn't have to fold it down (we were willing to, nice not to have to bother). We didn't use the buses as we had our own ride, didn't use the trams either. I saw other jogging strollers there even doubles but not tons of them.

I took a clear shower curtain to use in rain. Cost under $2 and worked great! HTHs

Over our Thanksgiving trip I saw some jogging strollers with the big wheel out front - the kind I'd read were banned. Maybe Disney is telling people who ask ahead of time "no" but isn't going to run the chance of angering guests by banning them at their gates. BTW, I know that not all I saw were being used for special needs. On the other hand, a family who had a special needs child was using a double bike trailer as their stroller.

Great tips for parents of young children! Thanks!

last June, and no one ever said anything about them being banned. When we go back in a couple of weeks, we are just taking an umbrella stroller because we don't want to do battle with the crowds in our monster stroller.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter