Dooney & Bourke Disney collaboration ~ part 4

I am so mad at myself, I really wanted the AK cross body and was very excited that when it was released I could get it on the app and I purchase it right away. Unfortunately for my wallet I decided I also wanted the large tote as well, and at that time it said in-store only. I was in WDW at the time so I went to AK and bought it, but passed on getting the cross body as I had already gotten it through the app, I am sure everyone can guess where this is going. I LOVE my large tote, it is gorgeous, but I really had my heart set on the cross-body, does anyone think they will have more later, or do we think that once they sell out of the limited stock that it is over?

If I had known this was going to happen I would have bought my purse while there and taken orders for the other ladies of the DIS as well!!!!

This is what is so cool about our dooney thread as several of us have gotten bags for others when we have been places. We are headed to wdw for wine and food in October so if the dooney bag that comes out is a hot commodity I will be glad to help my fellow dooney fans out!

I am so mad at myself, I really wanted the AK cross body and was very excited that when it was released I could get it on the app and I purchase it right away. Unfortunately for my wallet I decided I also wanted the large tote as well, and at that time it said in-store only. I was in WDW at the time so I went to AK and bought it, but passed on getting the cross body as I had already gotten it through the app, I am sure everyone can guess where this is going. I LOVE my large tote, it is gorgeous, but I really had my heart set on the cross-body, does anyone think they will have more later, or do we think that once they sell out of the limited stock that it is over?

If I had known this was going to happen I would have bought my purse while there and taken orders for the other ladies of the DIS as well!!!!
Do you mean the fold over one?

I got my cancellation notice this morning. I expected it. I really wish Disney would do a better job with the app. This isn’t the first time this has happened,the same thing happened with the Christmas bags.
Oh, no, I am so sorry! It happened with the dogs too, but I wasn't interested in that one.

Not holding out much hope after my two failed AK Dooney "purchases" (they were cancelled by Disney), but I did *try* to get one of the new Cinderella wallets today. Fingers crossed the order gets fulfilled.pixiedust: Anyone else hoping their order doesn't turn into a pumpkin?

Not holding out much hope after my two failed AK Dooney "purchases" (they were cancelled by Disney), but I did *try* to get one of the new Cinderella wallets today. Fingers crossed the order gets fulfilled.pixiedust: Anyone else hoping their order doesn't turn into a pumpkin?

I didn’t even try for Cinderella based on my recent letdown on AK Dooney. Hoping the AK bags come back soon!

Does anyone here know how long they sell a specific style for? I saw a picture of some new designs I like in another thread, and I'm wondering if they'll still be there in September when I go.

Does anyone here know how long they sell a specific style for? I saw a picture of some new designs I like in another thread, and I'm wondering if they'll still be there in September when I go.

The short answer is it depends....limited edition prints for flower festival and food and wine are a one time deal and when they are gone that’s it but then the dvc print sold like wildfire and it was reprinted a second time and quickly sold out again. Bottom line is cross your fingers and hope for the best.

The short answer is it depends....limited edition prints for flower festival and food and wine are a one time deal and when they are gone that’s it but then the dvc print sold like wildfire and it was reprinted a second time and quickly sold out again. Bottom line is cross your fingers and hope for the best.

Thanks. I’m hoping for the best as it’s not any of the limited ones. I want the Cinderella satchel and wallet and someone said they’re new styles, so I’d think they’ll have them for a while. I also like the I Am Mickey Mouse Satchel, but I don’t know how long that one has been around for.

well i am very late to the animal kingdom party. i just saw all of the styles online, and am sad that they are sold out at least for now. can someone familiar with the barlow give me an idea of how you like it and how small it is? thanks in advance : )

well i am very late to the animal kingdom party. i just saw all of the styles online, and am sad that they are sold out at least for now. can someone familiar with the barlow give me an idea of how you like it and how small it is? thanks in advance : )
The mini-Barlow is quite small, but I love the shape. Here is a photo.

Attachments

• IMG_6589.JPG
    IMG_6589.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 30

Gryhndmom is exactly right. There's no way of knowing. Some prints are out of stock by the afternoon of the day they appear (dogs, AK). Some sit on the shelf for months and then go to the outlet (Peter Pan, Rock the Dots). I think the biggest problem I have with my evil addiction is that I don't know whether it's worth it to pay full price the minute it appears, or wait and see if I can get a discount, or watch for it to go really on sale or to the outlet. They've been known to heavily discount online very occasionally, but when they do, they go quickly, usually in one day.

I need to manage this obsession!!!

Last edited:
Thanks. I’m hoping for the best as it’s not any of the limited ones. I want the Cinderella satchel and wallet and someone said they’re new styles, so I’d think they’ll have them for a while. I also like the I Am Mickey Mouse Satchel, but I don’t know how long that one has been around for.
Apparently the Cinderella satchel flew off the shelves, and it's sold out now. The wallet is still available on the app.

i'm glad to see this thread more active lately. i used to be on it a looooong time ago and then it seemed to go quiet for a while. it really helps to hear about opinions and availability here, altho it def does not help my wallet, lol!

Apparently the Cinderella satchel flew off the shelves, and it's sold out now. The wallet is still available on the app.

So they won't get more in? I would have thought they would make quite a few so they would have them in stock for a while? I would order them if I didn't live in the UK, last time they charged me $100 in shipping + customs fees that were probably around $70 as well. I'm just going to have to hope they'll have them when I go.

So they won't get more in? I would have thought they would make quite a few so they would have them in stock for a while? I would order them if I didn't live in the UK, last time they charged me $100 in shipping + customs fees that were probably around $70 as well. I'm just going to have to hope they'll have them when I go.
I don't think they know when something is going to be really popular. I bet it surprised them that the big hit was the satchel & not the tote.

I'm sure you'll find something amazing when you're on your trip! If you don't have the shop Disney Parks app (I think I heard it doesn't work outside the US), be sure to download it while you're here. You can use it to search for "Dooney," and it will tell you which stores have what.

I don't think they know when something is going to be really popular. I bet it surprised them that the big hit was the satchel & not the tote.

I'm sure you'll find something amazing when you're on your trip! If you don't have the shop Disney Parks app (I think I heard it doesn't work outside the US), be sure to download it while you're here. You can use it to search for "Dooney," and it will tell you which stores have what.

Thanks, that's good to know. I've looked for the app, but it's not available to download outside the US, so I'll have to remember to download it once I get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!