Doodlebug25413 Escape Wedding 4/11/16- PICTURE HEAVY POSTS!!

Just saw your pictures on Randy's FB page (I was scrolling through and then I recognized your boots(!) and I yelled 'wait I know them' because I'm a total nerd!) Looks like you had a beautiful and magical day!

I fell so behind but I love your wedding pictures you looked so beautiful your whole day really came together! I really love the memorial chair for your mom and that your son fell asleep seeing Mickey how cute is that! :goodvibes

OH MY GOODNESS I HAVE BEEN SUCH A SLACKER!!!

Deepest apologies everyone. It's been a busy summer. Ok, so let's see where I left off....

Baby got sick when we came home. Turned out to be HFM again. Except this time he didn't have the outer rash like the 1st time he had it. It ran its course, and was much better.
Kevin ended up being home a week after the week in Disney, so it was wonderful to have him home. And currently he is on a year long job, back in Texas. Blah! We went down to visit him 4th of July weekend. And OMG it was hotter then the surface of the sun there. Like worse then Animal Kingdom hot! And I ended up with pink eye & a nasty sinus congestion funk. Since April, I did a quick trip for Mother's Day weekend with just my 2 boys. We had a good time. And I spent a week with the toddler (we now refer to him as Beastie- Maleficent reference) with my BFF. We went to Boca Grande, Venice Beach & just hung out at her house. It was wonderful.

Glad I did/ Wish I had:

DFTW-
- Ok, so for those who are considering an Escape Wedding, I am absolutely happy I did it. Even with only 6 of us there I was happy. It was beautiful. It was what I had wanted, even though my original spot at Sunrise Terrace wasn't available. What I wish I had not done was stress about all the little details and things. It was just that easy.

Booked Outside Photo & Video-- I am thrilled that I booked Randy Chapman & Stan Severance (STVS video). I wish I had been a bit more outspoken on what pictures I wanted-- Like I didn't get a few more shots of me & my girlfriend and a few of just me and my 2 boys. I totally forgot to even bring this up to Randy. But he captured so many pictures. And I literally had a difficult time choosing (still am having a hard time!) what I want in my book and on the wall. I loved both of their demeanor's. Especially Randy who was so easy going. If I decide to have a family shoot or other family pictures done I will definitely call him. Stan made me cry when I watched my video. Our dance just melted my heart. It is my favorite part of the whole video.

Rented DVC-- I am very glad that I booked a DVC 1 Bedroom. We literally needed that space. Plus giving my 18 year old freedom to come & go and not disturb us was nice. I wish that I had cleaned the darn kitchen area & had the teenager take the trash out before everyone started coming in the day of. But oh well. I am kicking myself for not coordinating the flights out better and I wouldn't have had to book the extra night at the Contemporary. I wish I had just done all of the booking a lot closer to the wedding instead of booking it so far out in advance. That was my mistake. I am glad that I did Bay Lake Towers. Taking the monorail was so much easier with the toddler. Although the food selection was not as good, had we booked at the Boardwalk area. But I focused the room on the vacation part of the trip, not just the wedding.

Garden Grocer-- Love this service. We did not rent a car, even though Kevin drove in with his truck. But I had initially planned on him flying in with us. Would I use them again for a future stay-- Yes. It was nice to have the full size kitchen for the week, and the washer/dryer in the room. We were able to just relax, especially since Kevin was sick the majority of the trip. Plus made meals a bit easier on the wallet. And it was stress free ordering and payment. I really didn't want to take time away from my family and the trip to go grocery shopping. This made it convenient.

Beaute Speciale-- I loved what the girl did with my hair and makeup. It was what I had wanted. My hair stayed in place the entire time. My make up was perfect until I went to bed. Had I known that Kevin was going to dip me so deep at our kiss I would have had her put extra pins on my tiara so it wouldn't had fallen. But that's ok. I wish I had spoken up and had her do my eye make up a little bit more dramatic. But I was pleased.

Rev Herring-- I cannot say enough good things about this man. Kevin enjoyed chatting with him as well. He did everything the way we wanted. Especially the God's knot ceremony. And I am glad that I went with his advice and didn't do any special poem/prayer/saying for the departed loved ones. He was right when the day was about us, and bringing up any sad emotions would have just dampened the mood of the day.

Pontoon Fireworks Cruise-- Glad I did this! Everyone loved this! It was worth every penny. I wish I had taken photos. The private viewing of Wishes was so nice. And guess what, no crowds to deal with! The music was piped in on the boat, and it was just so nice and relaxing. Our guide (I can't remember his name) gave us a great overview of Bay Lake, the tour and little bits of Disney Trivia. I will so do this again. And I am glad that I set aside time to change out of my gown.

The Wave Reception Dinner-- I got a little flack about using the Wave for dinner. Because some didn't have good experiences or the food wasn't rated that well. We were all very happy with our dinners. I let everyone choose what they wanted since we were such a small group. I'll definitely eat there again. And yes, I went in my wedding dress, and yes I got looks and congrats, and yes I was loving the attention. LOL the chef sent out a free appetizer for us to congratulate us. He sent out the Bacon & Eggs-- which was a pork belly with eggs and grits. OMG it was yummy.

Senses Day Spa Massage-- I had this initially for Kevin, which he ended up giving to me since he was still not feeling well. And it was so worth it. I am sorry that Kevin missed out. (No not really LOL JK) It was relaxing. It was serene. Beautiful spa. If you get the chance to have any services done here, yes do it.

Disney Fine Art Photography-- Glad I hired outside photography for the wedding. We swapped this service for a Family Photo Session. You get the choice of that or having a couples portrait session. We chose Fort Wilderness.
I wasn't all that thrilled with the guys (yes there were 3 of them). They were ok. We ended the session early because it was just getting too humid out and the Beastie Toddler was becoming unruly. We did get a few good photos out of it. So I can't complain too much.

And some pictures!!

These are from the Disney Photo Session.
72_PH496920416-0072 (800x534).jpg 93_PH496920416-0093 (534x800).jpg

Here are some from Randy:

S,K0821 4-11-16 (800x533).jpg S,K1188 4-11-16 (800x533).jpg

Randy had a thing for my boots. He got a kick out of them. And the one of the baby, he was all over in the bushes by the gazebo. He was playing and being occupied.

S,K0132 4-11-16 (800x533).jpg
I wish I was smiling or didn't have my lips pursed a bit in this. But I love this shot either way.

S,K0139 4-11-16 (533x800).jpg
Full view of my beautiful gown.

S,K0224 4-11-16 (800x533).jpg
Last minute, "Oh Hey Randy, get a picture of me with my heels kicked up on the bench for Kevin!" He was like, Huh, what? ok! I was very spastic the day of the wedding. Excitement I guess.

S,K0177 4-11-16 (533x800).jpg
Me clowning around with my kid. I really really wished he had cut his hair for the wedding. But oh well. He still looked cute. I was trying to get him to smile for pictures. He was having an anxiety moment on the way over in the limo.
I had to have a little private chat with him before we exited out of the limo. And he was fine after that.

S,K0188 4-11-16 (800x533).jpg

My girlfriend said I look like I'm about to slap him in the face here. But I was actually cupping his face and telling him I love him.

For those of you tottering on the Gazebo, I say YES! It was beautiful. Yes, we had a few on lookers from their rooms, but they were all very respectful. And after we kissed & were pronounced, we got the Congratulations from the onlookers. It was nice. And the area felt private enough without having to get up at 3 am for the other Escape locations.
S,K0242 4-11-16 (800x533).jpg

The floral arrangement I had for our memorial table thru Disney Floral. As they did a great job and matched my picture I sent almost perfectly, I wish I had ordered or made my own. Just to save the cost. This arrangement was $85.00.
And same for my mother's bouquet, that was $65.00 But I am very pleased with how they turned out. I just know I could have saved some bucks here had I stopped being lazy and stressing.
S,K0825 4-11-16 (800x533).jpg S,K0228 4-11-16 (533x800).jpg

My handsome husband waiting for me to walk down. Dang he shines up like a new penny.
S,K0755 4-11-16 (533x800).jpg

Our God's Knot Ceremony. Rev Tim had my oldest son hold the strands while we braided it. Which was a good way to have my son included in the ceremony.
S,K0886 4-11-16 (800x533).jpg

And there goes my tiara... It made a memory. LOL
S,K0931 4-11-16 (533x800).jpg

Randy made himself seen, but sometimes he was not seen. Which was good, because unknown to me, he snuck so many shots that I didn't realize he caught. Like this one.
After our processional we all gathered back with everyone. And one of the things was I didn't get a chance to see my mom's chair before the ceremony. And I stopped real quick
to say a little quick prayer to myself.
me mom (800x533).jpg
All of us in front of the beautiful gazebo. One of the nice perks of having a small group.
S,K0443 4-11-16 (800x533).jpg

Cake!!! The most important part! LOL

My requests of the light green scrolls and the butterfly came thru. I was very happy. And I am happy that I added the fresh
gerbera's floral. The cake was AMAZING!! And there was so much left over everyone was sent home with cake. Rev Tim, Stan, Randy....
And they put the cake in the limo with us to enjoy after. And there was a lot of it. Apparently they had goofed on my layers. Which I didn't notice until it was brought up to me.
They fixed it and sent us a new top layer a day later. Which, Kevin was happy about- it was the chocolate cake and peanut butter mousse filling, which he loved!
We just used the Mickey and Minnie topper that comes with the Escape package. So if you're wondering what it looks like, here it is:
S,K0341 4-11-16 (533x800).jpg

We chose not to the champagne, because we are not drinkers. I occasionally have a wine cooler or a glass of wine here and there, but Kevin does not.
So we did the sparkling cider. I had actually ordered DOC beverages, but apparently the catering staff left that inside the building in the hall, because they thought it would have been in the way.
Well, Ashton had that taken off my bill since it was pre-priced out in the BEO. But everyone was fine with the cider.

Kevin here is debating on whether or not he was going to smash the cake in my face, until I kindly reminded him how much my make up & hair cost him.
But he was in good spirits at this point. And enjoying himself.
S,K0318 4-11-16 (800x533).jpg

And he didn't smash it. (Thank God) I did get a little bit of cake on the tip of my nose. And he had me laughing so much.
I like this shot, I think it's cute.
S,K0365 4-11-16 (800x533).jpg

My favorite part of the event. And I wished it had gone on longer. Now I know the 2nd picture I can crop out Ashton and the other staff person. But I am so happy Randy got this shot.
S,K1020 4-11-16 (533x800).jpg S,K1034 4-11-16 (533x800).jpg

This one is hanging in my bedroom on my side of the bed, so I can wake up and see this every morning. I freaking love this photo. This is how he looks at me all the time.
And with him gone so much, it's a reminder of how much we love each other. These pictures melt my heart.
S,K1039 4-11-16 (533x800).jpg

Kevin is not one for having his picture taken. So we have few pictures of him smiling. But I love how he's posed here.

S,K1183 4-11-16 (533x800).jpg

And this one is another beautiful shot of the Yacht Club. I love this one too. In fact it's in my Shutterfly waiting for me to
order it. I just need to figure out where I'm going to hang it.
S,K0592 4-11-16 (533x800).jpg

YES YES YES YES!!! Poor Randy had to deal with all the people getting on and off the boats. And me with my Mickey balloon.
S,K0566 4-11-16 (800x533).jpg S,K1382 4-11-16 (800x533).jpg

And this one, is I think my all time favorite. I have it framed and ready to be hung.
S,K1298 4-11-16 (533x800).jpg

This is it for now. I have a ton more pictures to go thru. And will try and get more posted!

Ohhhhh!!! They're all so beautiful! Thanks for coming back and sharing them! Congratulations!!!

My absolutely favorite is Kevin dipping you on the Yacht Club dock. What a great picture!!! :goodvibes

I love the pics of you guys on the dock! They're so pretty! I'm happy that your day went the way you wanted it :) I wish I'd been able to stop by and say hi! Stupid work!

You too are so freaking cute. I'm glad you came back and put up pictures. I was starting to think life took you away from this report permanently.
Thanks for sharing your day with us.

I am WAAYYY too late to the party, but I just got back on the disboard and am loving your pics!! Congrats, girl!!! I'm gonna go back and re-read your blog :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter