Don't give up on ADR times............

dkrauss

Goofy Fan from Jersey
Hi Folks,

My wife and I are in WDW for our vacation in August. The first day we're at a off-site hotel across the street from Disney Springs. Our plan is to spend some time at DS since it's not in our on-site plans. About 120 days out we're listening to Pete's non-review :P of the California Grill and said "why not". So when we got home I was able to book an ADR for that evening at CG.........for around 5:30pm.

While there's no chance to view the fireworks at that time we know you can come back (with your receipt) and view them from the outdoor viewing area............so that was the plan. About a week or so later I started looking at the reservation seeing if I could get a time closer to the fireworks. A week after that I was able to get a new time for 6:50pm.........better no doubt........but not perfect :-). Ove the next couple of weeks........nothing better, but always availability (mostly @ 6:50 and 9:20).

So come forward to today.......we're 92 days out from our reservation. I've been checking every day/twice a day on the MDE app. This evening when I go into the app........what to my eyes appears..........a 7:25pm time!!!!8-). Now we're getting somewhere! I'm looking for an 8:00pm.

It takes 30 seconds on the app to check........and the modification is easy-peazy! I realize a good seat for the fireworks is never guaranteed but being in the restaurant is so cool. During our first visit in 2015 we had a great view.........but it rained. August isn't the best month for weather at WDW..........but fingers crossed.

Oh yeah............and...........never give up!!!

Doug :goofy:

Is Happily Ever After at 8:55 that night? If so, the 7:25-7:40 is actually the time I generally prefer for fireworks at Cali Grill. I've NEVER been sat on time - usually 10-15 minutes late. And this allows us to eat our meal, go out to watch fireworks and then come back to dessert. We like to course our meals out (apps/sushi, entree, dessert) so it's nice to have the meal wrapping up when fireworks are going on rather than still having hot food on the table when they start.

Plus, you'll get the see the park during sunset after they pull the shades up, which is always lovely.

Just a thought!

Last edited:
Is Happily Ever After at 8:55 that night? If so, the 7:25-7:40 is actually the time I generally prefer for fireworks at Cali Grill. I've NEVER been sat on time - usually 10-15 minutes late. And this allows us to eat our meal, go out to watch fireworks and then come back to dessert. We like to course our meals out (apps/sushi, entree, dessert) so it's nice to have the meal wrapping up when fireworks are going on rather than still having hot food on the table when they start.

Plus, you'll get the see the park during sunset before they pull the shades down, which is always lovely.

Just a thought!
Thanks........ya know your right! Hoping for a sunset this time............but it is August :)

Especially the day or night before...you will notice guests canceling their ADR's. I've looked at 10p.m......2 a.m. and they are always there for the taking:dogdance:

I have found that 90-50 days out is when you see a bunch of things open up. This is when people who have booked multiple ADR's a day finally get their fast passes made.....and they lock down their plans. canceling the ones they don't need. Thus putting them back in inventory. You see this again 40-20 days out when off site people begin to make their fast passes.

This is where the Touring Plans ADR finder is a life saver! It found ours for us, sent me a text, and I grabbed it. No need to check daily! The tricky th

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter