"Don't anger the dolls"-A France and DLP Trip, June '18-COMPLETED (4/22-ride comparisons)

Oh, goodness, that show sounds incredible!!! Thanks for sneaking some pics, so we could enjoy, too :)

I am in love with tsum tsums!! Thankfully, I have Jimmy, so I find it perfectly acceptable to keep on buying them because I feel like it's because HE wants them....even though he seriously has zero interest anymore :)

Part 12 "Let the Magic Shine, cont"

Aladdin – super fun sequence! Lots of special things happening here!

PBwc2TI.jpg
6svNSBF.jpg
7iM0n17.jpg
SKYGqe2.jpg

Frozen – I can’t remember if it was short or if I just didn’t take many photos.

zG8dTQi.jpg
66N0VTJ.jpg

Grand finale – Mickey gets super upset because he messes up and all the magic starts going haywire, but the Magician comes along and helps set things right.

gKC4hbk.jpg
f1UX3f9.jpg
90JzxKE.jpg
SKrVsSp.jpg
V6Ngea7.jpg

Overall, this show was superb! It’s a total must-do for anyone visiting. And it also fills up in advance, so get there early!

Though of course, another annoying guest story. Right before the show started a family came in and was allowed to sit in the handicapped seats in the front section (despite other people not being allowed to be there earlier). The dad then took out his selfie stick (which are banned at DLP), turned on the photo (with the light), and fully extended it to take a video! Like seriously – how rude can you be! Blocking the view of people behind you, taking photos when you aren’t supposed to, distracting the stage performers. I think after a while a CM came and got him to turn it all off, but it was just so rude!

After Mickey and the Magician, I just knew I needed a break. The rain had caused my feet to be soaked to the bone and I was just a soggy mess. I headed back to Sequoia Lodge, but first stopped in some of the gift shops (I don’t remember if this was in WDS or Disney Village).

It took everything in my power not to get the Ducktales tsums, but I resisted (I love that show so much)!

SUPVsOT.jpg

However… I wasn’t able to resist the Paris line and got a bunch of those. I’m careful of not buying Tsums because I know once I start, I won’t be able to stop. That happened with Funko Pops, when I got my first one less than 2 yrs ago and now I have over 30 (and of course I went from 0 -> 12 minnie ears in one year). I think I’ve decided I’m allowed to get Tsums when they are extra special or at an overseas park.

5pW6UlA.jpg
w25WObZ.jpg

(Oh and this was just my first purchase set – I got a couple more later….)

I also liked these cutie pins but didn’t get any.

DnCBsDv.jpg

Coming up - Another rainy evening!

Mickey and Magician looks great! Can you tell me about the process to acquire the MasterCard reserved seats? I’ve read they are limited and run out. We will be there this summer and I would love to use my card for them! Also, how many showings are there a day? Thank you!

Last edited:
Finally getting caught up on your TR.

So behold, 20 fastpasses were mine to use!
Such a smart girl

Love these ears

I quickly strapped in, but was just so humiliated, so I was probably pretty red in the face.
I would be too how embarrassing.

Wow sounds like your riding and seeing so many things, Chez Remy theming is cool sorry to hear the food wasn't that great for you.

All the rudeness you've encountered just appalling.

Ahh I love a good stage show, this sounds and looks like a good one! I don’t know when I will be back to Paris so thanks for the review! I traveled so much when I was in my 20’s and 30’s and I am thankful for those trips, now it is only WDW most of the time!
You definitely need to get over there again! Maybe a college graduation trip?

The show looks and sounds so cute!

I was in the same boat with tsums lol I told myself I wasn't going to do it but 1 turned into WAY too many!

Those pins are so cute!!! I would not have been able to resist those!
I still see tsums occasionally and really have to stop myself from buying them!

Oh, goodness, that show sounds incredible!!! Thanks for sneaking some pics, so we could enjoy, too :)

I am in love with tsum tsums!! Thankfully, I have Jimmy, so I find it perfectly acceptable to keep on buying them because I feel like it's because HE wants them....even though he seriously has zero interest anymore :)
I think the Jimmy strategy is a good one!

That show sounds fun. Love the animals for Animal Kingdom!
Yes, it reminds me of the actual Lion King on Broadway!

All the rudeness you've encountered just appalling.
I know! Definitely annoying and aggravating!

Mickey and Magician looks great! Can you tell me about the process to acquire the MasterCard reserved seats? I’ve read they are limited and run out. We will be there this summer and I would love to use my card for them! Also, how many showings are there a day? Thank you!
For the Mastercard seats, you go to either City Hall at Disneyland or Guest Services at Walt Disney Studios. They use the same reservation system, so even though the shows are at WDS, you can pick up the tickets at either park. It's best to go to Disneyland, because the gates (and City Hall) open earlier than WDS! Later in the TR you'll see I didn't know this, and it didn't turn out well! I just showed my Mastercard and got the tickets. You are supposed to also show your ID, but once I forgot (I only brought my lanyard with me to the parks that morning) so they were ok with just seeing how my Ticket had the same name on it. But it's totally worth it!

Part 13 Photo tour of Disney Village, Part 1

Back at Sequoia Lodge it was snack time, so I grabbed some treats. They were fine again, and gave me some extra energy. It was the same basic spread, though the savory treats were changed up a bit (I liked the shrimp with cream cheese on the red bread thing).

3s3jppt.jpg
RYVfthv.jpg

I changed my soggy shoes, and rested for a little bit, but after about an hour I headed back to the parks.

Dinner ended up being at Earl of Sandwich in Disney Village, which I heard was the best version of that restaurant. It’s also huge with 2 stories. And has some menu differences from the US versions, including ribs and pastas.

fFrhYZp.jpg
GICbFAW.jpg
KjwSAmK.jpg
EwrKbRB.jpg

I ended up getting Le Frenchy: Ham and Brie Cheese (though I got without mustard). It was…fine. I prefer the options I can get at the US ones though (Caprese, French Dip, and Holiday Turkey are my favs and none of those were on the French menu). Oh, and I got a big cookie for dessert, but I ended up not eating it until the next morning for breakfast!

veCIVTo.jpg
quMnMb5.jpg

The interior decorations in the restaurant were nice, but overall I didn’t like it that much. I think it was also pretty messy upstairs (tables not cleaned off, etc), so I wasn’t that impressed.

KtdO6Kc.jpg
j553fcw.jpg
vPD50zx.jpg

On my way to the parks I decided to do a photo tour of the walk thru Disney Village.

The overall map:
T0EUWhO.jpg

First, past Café Mickey (Italian restaurant with characters – they are smart because the walls are all glass so many times I’d hear kids walking by who could see the characters and then convince their parents to eat there).

HsbZgVE.jpg

Then Earl of Sandwich.

fFrhYZp.jpg

Then Rainforest Café. Partly under renovation on outside, but there was an animatronic alligator outside that kids would always be climbing the rails to look at.

o1R0LIX.jpg
inhmZ1R.jpg

Then on right side is a line of stores – Disney toys, Lego, Disney Fashion, Disney gallery. Stores all connected together with interior doorways (I would walk thru later).

4m13Uy9.jpg
kldy72R.jpg
ZR791Ja.jpg
MFzXkM0.jpg

The other side had restaurants – a Steakhouse (I think closed most days I was there), Starbucks, Billy Bob’s Saloon, King Ludwig’s Castle, Planet Hollywood

Js10EWB.jpg
2iKGBz5.jpg
y40rJkK.jpg
eGsXJv8.jpg
YQgVFHe.jpg

Back on other side, they also had a sports bar with covered outdoor seating area and a big tv on the wall. That’s where the world cup stands were set up.

PCGSkf8.jpg

Then a large Disney store

727YJBz.jpg

And Annette’s Diner – 50s style like original mouseketeer.

XxZC57R.jpg

All throughout DV there are various carts selling things like ice cream, slushees, waffles, crepes. I think at Christmas they have a village of various booths and an outdoor market

8Dh1m0h.jpg
Yj7xXi0.jpg

Come to the end and if you are going to train station you continue straight, but if going to parks make a left.

p99HUmY.jpg
gIx0sn0.jpg

Past the Wild West show – I considered it, but it looks problematic. I already noticed enough insensitivity to Native Americans (kids doing the mouth hooting thing in Sequoia Lodge when passing some Native headgear, plus other small things at various museums), so I didn’t want to witness it again.

They also have a Gaumont cinema, which just opened 4DX, which is where the seats move and jerk with the movie. They were showing Solo and Jurassic World (which had opened in Europe a week before US), but both were dubbed in French. If it was English with French subtitles I may have considered going, though I since found out there is a 4DX theatre a couple blocks from my office (I haven’t made my way over there yet though)!

iBTkZEe.jpg

Part 14, Disneyland Paris entrance photo tour

Next to the movie theatre is World of Disney (similar selection as Disney Store but better. The Disney store felt more just toys and cheap stuff; World of Disney felt like nicer options)

WsyHxw7.jpg
HdqYfgS.jpg

Outside of World of Disney its cool with 2 Mickey/Minnie statues. And on the ground nearby was a stonework compass with the locations of all the other Disney parks and their distances. Problem was they were missing Shanghai! Better get on that DV! Though with the reimagining of Disney Village, maybe they need to hold off a bit so it's not destroyed!

X0Bzhdw.jpg
tncEh3F.jpg
IjWxGPf.jpg
9WwzUlN.jpg
zEP3tYT.jpg
hr8U3kr.jpg
80CSncV.jpg

Then you come to a crossroads, on one side is the Studios and other side Disneyland hotel and Disneyland Parc.

EnuFuUS.jpg
epqTGAc.jpg
V0RcDAJ.jpg

Tonight I was heading to Disneyland Parc (there actually isn’t a whole lot to do in WDS at night and it closed at 7 while Disneyland stayed open until 11).

There is a Legends statue in the front, honoring Disney Legends. Plants surrounding it have been spray painted blue/silver in keeping with 25th anniversary, though it has caused some blue dye to leak onto statue. I hope it comes off!

dsZ7ae6.jpg
nWFMEOC.jpg
ZJ4lPFj.jpg
3JSlUjc.jpg

Entrance to The Disneyland Hotel is through Fantasia Gardens. Lots of various walkways down, as well as some stairs. And Disney music playing. It truly feels magical and peaceful!

59AIrlQ.jpg
ko39QO0.jpg
PWjvtrL.jpg
0bR06t5.jpg

To enter the park, you walk under the hotel and then thru turnstiles.

W0srOWx.jpg
tJGxKEH.jpg

There is a front courtyard area with some trees and benches. Also a display for the 25th with character shimmer posters and a screen that Tinkerbell creates the castle and 25th anniversary logo.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

VlHNvwZ.jpg
Sydi5jA.jpg
PU0dlRU.jpg

Pass under the train station (there are openings all along, not just on each side), and into Town square, with a gazebo in the center (Tink was part of the 25th anniversary decorations).

9PxVDT6.jpg
1FE66HN.jpg
taqNoiR.jpg
e0lnCz1.jpg

A dedication plaque is provided: “ ‘To all who come to this happy place, welcome.’ Once upon a time… A master storyteller, Walt Disney, inspired by Europe’s best-loved tales, used his own special gifts to share them with the world. He envisioned a Magic Kingdom where these stories could come to life, and called it Disneyland. Now his dream returns to the lands that inspired it. Euro Disneyland is dedicated to the young and the young of heart…with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration for all the world.” – Michael Eisner 12 avril 1992

GzlcPGz.jpg

And up main street to the castle. With more Tinker Bell decorations on the lampposts.

dNEvmaa.jpg
QOyYImk.jpg
72Tdct2.jpg

Part 15 Railroads and Pirate Ships

This evening I headed to BTMR where I used another hotel FP to ride. It was just as awesome as before! And I took a video on the ride (yes, it is supposed to start out in the black)!

2j2YX0j.jpg

Then I hopped onto Pirates of the Caribbean, which was virtually a walk-on. The queue is very long and cool (I’d compare to Indiana Jones at Disneyland) – sorry for blurry photos, I didn’t need to stop walking so couldn’t get good photos. You pass by several locked up skeleton areas.

JyNk005.jpg
RLDKgsZ.jpg
J3uddkI.jpg
TZqkwgN.jpg
aQGjfRs.jpg
GygmtAA.jpg
HsmTO1v.jpg
RkhYOZR.jpg
aV856QX.jpg
lrhYGVm.jpg
MtQPGah.jpg
yOtgIlH.jpg

A 5 minute wait, including stopping for various photos. I got the front row of a boat; they were even sending some boats along with only 1-2 rows filled! It was so empty! (it was around 8:30 at night)

cnOZMef.jpg

I decided not to take many on-ride photos because I wanted to experience it for the first time. And I loved it! It has a different sequence than the US versions which changes up the storyline (I'll talk more about the different storyline another time I ride it). I think only 1 extra scene though. But its threw me off because it starts by going up! Then goes down twice but not right after each other. And they do a ride photo when it drops (I didn’t get to see it because there was a large crowd and not a lot of space). But it really was one of my favorite rides at DLP!

SeiVLBa.jpg
yesWV0l.jpg

Here is a POV video if you want to check it the ride, though if you are planning any trip to DLP I’d recommend not watching it so you can fully experience it!

I had planned to then head into Fantasyland and ride Peter Pan (Pirates and PPF are next to each other). But then as I reached the covered walkway between the two lands, the skies started to open up. And it got crowded quick, with everyone huddling under the walkways!

XJTsDYS.jpg
Et9NVe6.jpg
gRiZ2NP.jpg

giphy.gif

Part 16 What to do in the rain...

I had hoped to keep my feet relatively dry, so tried to wait it out, but then I started to get bored. After about 10 minutes, I decided – screw this! And I made my way towards Adventureland, using the various covered passages that all connect together. I did have to dodge puddles, but made it all the way down without having to go outside much.

I reached Le Passage Enchante d’Aladdin, which is basically a walkthrough of the story of Aladdin made in diaromas, which I figured would be a good thing to do in the rain. Definitely very detailed and well done.

2A2hVZu.jpg
HrmJx8o.jpg
t8VB5bC.jpg
gJLIK49.jpg
L9xcyh2.jpg
ZrGZRMR.jpg
7oLOOXu.jpg
ibFJftM.jpg
VKhNO5U.jpg
Rmj0Eik.jpg
z0VWeYI.jpg
QDvXcev.jpg
klw2Brt.jpg

I love little Abu with his fists up!

6iQbkNj.jpg

BIy7tzG.jpg
YWCIkct.jpg

I got my first look at the chandelier entrance to Adventureland from the main square. I think this was actually gifted by someone royal, but I can’t find that article anymore!

O0n3pwg.jpg
DvwyA7R.jpg

Coming up: DLP in the dark

For the Mastercard seats, you go to either City Hall at Disneyland or Guest Services at Walt Disney Studios. They use the same reservation system, so even though the shows are at WDS, you can pick up the tickets at either park. It's best to go to Disneyland, because the gates (and City Hall) open earlier than WDS! Later in the TR you'll see I didn't know this, and it didn't turn out well! I just showed my Mastercard and got the tickets. You are supposed to also show your ID, but once I forgot (I only brought my lanyard with me to the parks that morning) so they were ok with just seeing how my Ticket had the same name on it. But it's totally worth it!
Thank you! I was hoping to let the girls sleep in a bit on the day we have planned to see the show but it sounds like I better be at City Hall first thing? Enjoying your report!!

That's too bad about EoS. You'd think they'd do it right with a two story place. :/

The Disneyland Hotel in Paris is so pretty. The park in general just sparkles especially with the 25th decor. I'm so obsessed. Tinker Bell themed is always a way to go.

The video of Big Thunder is bringing me back to the vids and pics going around this past week of DLP in the snow. It all looked so weirdly perfect.

Omg I love the Aladdin walkthrough. It's almost like a mix of the Canal Boats and the Main Street window at Disneyland. I didn't even know it existed. Oh Paris!

Great photo tour! The Disneyland hotel is so pretty and I love how the entrance of the park looks. The 25th anniversary decor is nice!

The Aladdin walkthrough is cute! A nice way to stay out of the rain too!

A dedication plaque is provided: “ ‘To all who come to this happy place, welcome.’ Once upon a time… A master storyteller, Walt Disney, inspired by Europe’s best-loved tales, used his own special gifts to share them with the world. He envisioned a Magic Kingdom where these stories could come to life, and called it Disneyland. Now his dream returns to the lands that inspired it. Euro Disneyland is dedicated to the young and the young of heart…with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration for all the world.” – Michael Eisner 12 avril 1992
:lovestruc Oh, I just love this!

Everything is so beautiful. I really like the way the park connects everything--somehow reminded me of Mary Poppins scenery.

I thought Pirates was so cool too! All of DLP really kind of made me realize how much WDW had not tried to update over the last few years lol they are obviously trying now but I think they banked on nostalgia for just a bit too long!

Whew finally caught up! Glad I finally had time to read your TR. What an awesome trip so far and I’m excited to see how the rest of DLP went.

Hi there I've just spent every free moment the last 2/3 days reading your TR from start to finish and wow! You have some amazing photos and are an absolute wealth of knowledge on all things French/DLP:worship:
You really packed an amazing amount in to each day and I've loved reading all about it. I've only been to Paris once and that was about 20 years ago when there was only 1 small DLP park but I loved it:love:
One handy hint for future travel through UK/Irish airports if you wish to escape the madness! Most have pre-bookable lounges in whichever terminal you need (sometimes called aspire lounge or No1 lounge). They cost around £20 per person and include snacks and drinks in most cases but the real attraction is that they are little oasis of calm where you can find a comfy chair and relax/snooze and be alone without stares/chat with your family. Some are more child-friendly than others and some have adult only areas so you really can find one that works. They usually serve soup/rolls/pastries and cheese/crackers/nuts/crisps plus soft and hard drinks. We almost always use them as my family prefers the calm before flights but you can nip in and out to the main terminal if you wish to shop or dine more heartily (we make do with what's there but you can always bring food in too). It's an added cost but not as much as you'd think when you take off the price you'd pay for drinks and snacks out in the main terminal :thumbsup2

Can't wait to see DLP after dark!

Earl of Sandwich is nice and relaxing when you can sit out on the 2nd floor balcony and enjoy the scenery, but if you're stuck inside it can be pretty loud and hectic.

I don't think that Steakhouse has been opened once in all the times I have visited!

The Pirates queue and ride is definitely one of the best attractions in DLP. They did a spectacular job with it.

Thank you! I was hoping to let the girls sleep in a bit on the day we have planned to see the show but it sounds like I better be at City Hall first thing? Enjoying your report!!
Yeah, well at least one person needs to be there! Everyone else can sleep in! Though you can get a lot done in the morning EMH, so you can always grab the Mastercard tickets, do some rides, then back for more rest, and them come back to the parks for the afternoon!

That's too bad about EoS. You'd think they'd do it right with a two story place. :/

The Disneyland Hotel in Paris is so pretty. The park in general just sparkles especially with the 25th decor. I'm so obsessed. Tinker Bell themed is always a way to go.

The video of Big Thunder is bringing me back to the vids and pics going around this past week of DLP in the snow. It all looked so weirdly perfect.

Omg I love the Aladdin walkthrough. It's almost like a mix of the Canal Boats and the Main Street window at Disneyland. I didn't even know it existed. Oh Paris!
I loved those videos of DLP in the snow! Very magical! Though I guess lots of things can end up being closed down, but still, a once in a lifetime sort of experience!

Great photo tour! The Disneyland hotel is so pretty and I love how the entrance of the park looks. The 25th anniversary decor is nice!

The Aladdin walkthrough is cute! A nice way to stay out of the rain too!
It was a great way to stay dry!

:lovestruc Oh, I just love this!

Everything is so beautiful. I really like the way the park connects everything--somehow reminded me of Mary Poppins scenery.
Yeah, the imagineers really did a great job on the design. Of course they also blew past every budget... but...

I thought Pirates was so cool too! All of DLP really kind of made me realize how much WDW had not tried to update over the last few years lol they are obviously trying now but I think they banked on nostalgia for just a bit too long!
Yeah, I liked seeing the different versions of things!

Whew finally caught up! Glad I finally had time to read your TR. What an awesome trip so far and I’m excited to see how the rest of DLP went.
Haha, thanks for reading!

Hi there I've just spent every free moment the last 2/3 days reading your TR from start to finish and wow! You have some amazing photos and are an absolute wealth of knowledge on all things French/DLP:worship:
You really packed an amazing amount in to each day and I've loved reading all about it. I've only been to Paris once and that was about 20 years ago when there was only 1 small DLP park but I loved it:love:
One handy hint for future travel through UK/Irish airports if you wish to escape the madness! Most have pre-bookable lounges in whichever terminal you need (sometimes called aspire lounge or No1 lounge). They cost around £20 per person and include snacks and drinks in most cases but the real attraction is that they are little oasis of calm where you can find a comfy chair and relax/snooze and be alone without stares/chat with your family. Some are more child-friendly than others and some have adult only areas so you really can find one that works. They usually serve soup/rolls/pastries and cheese/crackers/nuts/crisps plus soft and hard drinks. We almost always use them as my family prefers the calm before flights but you can nip in and out to the main terminal if you wish to shop or dine more heartily (we make do with what's there but you can always bring food in too). It's an added cost but not as much as you'd think when you take off the price you'd pay for drinks and snacks out in the main terminal :thumbsup2

Can't wait to see DLP after dark!
Thanks for binge-reading the report! Hopefully I'll get to finish this day before leaving for WDW in a week!

That's good to know for any future trips through the UK!

Earl of Sandwich is nice and relaxing when you can sit out on the 2nd floor balcony and enjoy the scenery, but if you're stuck inside it can be pretty loud and hectic.

I don't think that Steakhouse has been opened once in all the times I have visited!

The Pirates queue and ride is definitely one of the best attractions in DLP. They did a spectacular job with it.
Because it had been rainy earlier they had closed off the balcony. But yeah I could imagine that is nice and peaceful up there!

I didn't think I'd have much time to update, but I'm stuck late at work waiting for something a co-worker needs to finish... so, might as well finish up this day! I don't know if I will be able to post any more before my WDW trip in 1 week-so much happening between then and now!

Part 17: Snow White and a closed Fantasyland

The rain had let up and I had hoped to visit the dragon, but unfortunately discovered they had closed that for the night. They had also closed the Sleeping beauty walkthrough.

y0ELbRi.jpg
giphy.gif

So I headed over to Snow White, which turns out is identical to the DL version (just with 3 rows in the car, not 2). I’m thinking the imagineers decided to use the same ride, just up the capacity, like they did for Peter Pan (and I would later discover, Pinocchio and Dumbo).

5sdjjNz.jpg
Ab0X428.jpg
4msEcJu.jpg
pm5CfOR.jpg
eFEt5bi.jpg
liUJkMk.jpg

I think the figures at the end were different though. But I thought they looked sort of creepy?

3tjzeB6.jpg
1luvAJC.jpg

I think I wandered around Fantasyland a little bit more (but most everything was closing down), but then I headed back out to the main hub (though I think they don’t actually call it “The Hub” like we do in the US parks). About 1 hr 15 minutes before Illuminations and I got a pretty excellent spot – Perfect view of castle, with a planter in front of me to avoid people standing right there.

6hOX6ib.jpg

Then it started to sprinkle a bit more. Nothing too bad, but I realized I was going to end up standing there for over an hour in the rain. Did I really want to wait there that long?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter