dolphin fantaseas info

AnnMorin

<font color=babyblue>I HATE SNOW!!!<br><font color
I emailed the people over at dolphin fantaseas in Anguilla (the new excursion for St. Maarten-Dolphin Stingray encounter) their price is $125.00 pp whereas Disney's is 180.00 pp. Which is really not a bad deal considering with Disney you get your transport on the ferry and to the Dolphin swim, transport to the beach and a lunch. So if we decide to do the dolphin thing we will use Disney's excursion. Anyhow here is the responce I got, sure sounds like a neat excursion! I like how it is broken down into small groups!

Greetings from Anguilla!

Thanks for your email and interest in Dolphin Fantaseas.

The Dolphin Fantaseas Encounter.

Dolphin Fantaseas has created a mesmerizing environment, where upon your arrival you will be greeted by two enchanting Euclectus Parrots.

The Dolphin Fantaseas Encounter – Cruise Ship

The Dolphin Fantaseas Encounter is more than exciting, more than unique and more than amazing. You will not want to miss this thrilling excursion that combines feeding stingrays, interacting with birds, turtles and of coarse the highlight of the tour; swimming with dolphins. 30 cruise ship guests arrive at Dolphin Fantaseas where they are greeted by the Dolphin Fantaseas staff. The 30 guests are divided up into groups of 10 and guided throughout the excursion to the different activity stations.

For example: Group 1 will interact with the stingrays (group of 10)

Group 2 will interact with a variety of animal such as the parrots,

and turtles (group of 10)

Group 3 will SWIM with the dolphins! The group of 10 is broken

down into two groups of 5. All guests are provided with a life vest,

and masks.

We have had many non-swimmers participate in the program and have had a wonderful time.

All groups rotate

About the Stingray Adventure (25 minutes)

The adventure begins with a Dolphin Fantaseas animal behaviorist giving a detailed briefing and guidance on how to feed and interact with the stingrays. You will have an opportunity to touch their satin-like wings as they glide effortlessly through the water. Enjoy the thrill of playing, observing and interacting with the rays. Feed them their favorite food and watch the unique way that they eat. During the entire program, a trainer will point out unique mannerisms and details of these magnificent creatures. This educational and entertaining tour is great fun for the whole family.

About the Dolphin Swim (25 minutes)

The Dolphin Fantaseas interactive swim involves a half hour of up-close and personal playtime with dolphins. You'll begin your journey at the waters edge where our trainers will educate you about dolphins, how they live and their marine environment. Then you'll dip into deeper waters and learn how to feed them from your fingers, be able stroke their silky skin, watch them dive and swim around you, and listen to them use their unique echolocation. Swim, smile, and enjoy the Fantasea.

Note: Guests are required to bring their own bathing suit and towel with them. Life jackets, booties and masks are provided. Guests participating in the dolphin swim program must be 5 years old and up.

Because of the high demand, we highly recommend that you make reservations for the dolphin and stingray programs in advance.

Thank you very much for your interest in Dolphin Fantaseas. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us again.

Ann,
Thanks for the information! I've been reading all the threads on this topic myself - cause I really want to do this on our next cruise in November. I keep hoping someone will come back and report on it! Like you, whatever we do - I know we'll be going to Anguilla that day. So, at the very latest - I'll let you know how it is - tho, it would be nice to get a report before we go. Oh, and I want to say how much I enjoy your posts - regardless of the topic. I loathe snow and I book the kind of stateroom I want to be in! Are you sure you want to wait till December to cruise? I think you should join us on 11/15!

Karyn

Tinkerbell's Mom

No Karyn you must switch to December see we have to celebrate my birthday-it is the new tradition.. a lot of the moderaters will be on that cruise-and I could never miss their birthday seranade again..I don't know who had the better voice it was a close one between Michelle and Darby although Alex was definately the most enthusiastic :smooth: :teeth:

Ann, Just when in December is your cruise??? My birthday is New Year's Eve - and I can't afford that cruise . . . lets just say that this next one is a very BIG one and I won't be seeing the 40's again after it! The other problem is that my hubby is a church organist and they reeeaaaallly frown on him being gone in December - imagine that?!?! Something about the Advent/Christmas season - what's up with that? I'm also looking at going again in January as a surprise for my DD who's graduating a semester early from HS. Let's see if we go in December . . . . and then wait till her birthday in March for the next one. . .

Karyn

Tinkerbell's mom

Then we could go to Angilla together and do the dolphin thing . . . or not do the dolphins. . . which ever way we decide. Well, I'll bounce it past my DH - but I'm thinking 2 sundays in Advent off isn't going to fly and not even including my birthday.

Karyn

Thanks for the info, Ann! :)

And Karyn, do join us for Ann's birthday serenade! :teeth:

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter