Dole Whips- MK vs. AK

HakunaMoscato

Earning My Ears
Had no idea until this last trip that there are two different kinds of Dole Whip recipes at WDW! MK Dole Whips are creamier, more like ice cream. AK Dole Whips are more like sorbet, and you can get them with rum. Soooo... which do you prefer??

Of course, after this new and important knowledge, I HAD to try both, and I have to say I'm on Team Magic Kingdom Dole Whip...

I didnt realize they had different recipes however I didnt like mine as much at AK, but I thought that was because they didnt have pineapple juice....interesting.

I didnt realize they had different recipes however I didnt like mine as much at AK, but I thought that was because they didnt have pineapple juice....interesting.

I found the one at AK too cold, if that makes sense. It was almost icy, like sorbet, and not creamy like ice cream. I'm not a huge pineapple fan to begin with, and the one at AK was too intense pineapple-y for me. Try em both!

I didn't know they were offered at AK. I liked mine at MK and Poly, but think Poly has the edge for not being busy and still being delicious.

Other than the alcohol tasted no different to me .... :confused3

Other than the rum made them quite yummy! :thumbsup2

Plain, meh. :tilt:

My favorite one has come from the Refreshment Port in the World Showcase. It had Coconut Rum in it. Mmmmmmmmmm.

Weird. I thought they were supposed to be same, except for the rum, of course. I'll check it out...

AK is definitely icier. Aloha Isle's are smooth as silk. I wouldn't turn down either, but I prefer MK by a decent margin. I'm gonna try Refreshment Port at Epcot, too.
Any intel?

MK is better but I remember at the Poly they had a serve yourself Dole Whip and I think I got mine to go about 10 feet high. :)

I *think* that AK has the dark rum and Poly has the coconut rum...or are they both the coconut? Getting confused with the cruise since they offered both rum options there.

The Poly and AK have coconut rum too::yes:: I may have had a few :rolleyes1

Well sometimes you have to try a few to verify they were made properly.

I *think* that AK has the dark rum and Poly has the coconut rum...or are they both the coconut? Getting confused with the cruise since they offered both rum options there.

I've only had at AK and I've had both dark and coconut there.

Tamu Tamu at AK has the option of both coconut or dark rum. I don’t believe Poly serves rum options at Pineapple Lania however you can get dole whip blended with dark rum at both Trader Sam’s and Barefoot pool bar. So good!

Tamu Tamu at AK has the option of both coconut or dark rum. I don’t believe Poly serves rum options at Pineapple Lania however you can get dole whip blended with dark rum at both Trader Sam’s and Barefoot pool bar. So good!
You can get the coconut rum at Pineapple Lanai now for sure- speaking from experience ;).

Thank you both for clearing up my rum confusion!

I had it in June and in August- they give you a little pipette with the rum and you can drown your dole whip with it to your heart’s content! It’s definitely there. Something for you to look forward to for next time ;)!

:disrocks:Favorite place to relax and enjoy a Dole Whip is hands down at Poly. You can also get it there with the rum also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter